Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 4:44:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
THIS IS NOT A TROLL THREAD

Hey guys. It's me, Vox. As the title would suggest, I'm running for the DDO Presidency in the Mid-2015 DDO Presidential Election.
I've considered doing this before, but however incompetent I am now I was even worse way back then. But now I think I'm ready.

First, here's my platform:

1. Negotiations with trolls, toxic members, and really annoying members to get them off the Site
So how will this work, you may ask? Well, I haven't thought that out in detail. However, I intend on trying to getting at least some of them interested in other debate Sites (that is, edeb8, CreateDebate, Volconvo, narrow-focus forum websites, etc). I mean, it logically follows that the more time they spend elsewhere, the less they'll spend here, right? This may well be the only effective countermeasure against trolls who are constantly creating new accounts after they've been banned.
2. Creation of a "DDO Presidential Impeachment" System
It'd work largely like the election process. Votes can be cast by members to impeach the DDO President. Of course, there'd be certain requirements voters would need to pass to be eligible to vote on this matter. Also, a set number of "impeach" votes with the majority over the "Keep" votes would be required for an impeachment attempt to succeed.
3. Alternatives to Mafia
I tried this before but it didn't work out. Maybe another go at it will succeed.
4. <DDO (Almost) Weekly Newspaper
An (almost) weekly update on DDO, as the name suggests.
5. Request to Mods for special "Multi" privileges
Okay, by this point you're probably thinking "What the fudge?", but I have a good reason for this. For the carrying out of presidential duties, special multi-accounting privileges would prove useful. You're probably wondering why that is. Well, I'll give you some examples.
Let's say that there's a certain obnoxious user here. The DDO President would, if granted this privilege, be able to have another account simultaneously where he/she could befriend this user under that disguise. Then, this user could be convinced to clean up his/her behavior or to go join another website which he/she found interesting. Befriending such a user has its advantages. For instance, a "friend" would know your interests. Also, you'd take criticism better from a "friend". Also, it could allow the President inside that user's circle of friends and participate in his/her PMs, where he/she might be plotting mischief. Also, the mere threat of the DDO President secretly being one of your "friends" could help deter troublemakers from gathering a small group together in a mass PM to plot something sinister. In fact, there are even more examples than this, and not all of them involve investigating troublemakers. It'd have a myriad of potential uses which could benefit this Site. The DDO President's ability to go undercover could potentially prove very useful.
And of course, the Mods could keep a tight watch over these Multis, and abuse of this privilege (such as through vote-bombing or debating one's normal account) may result in it being revoked. Also, the fact that DDO trusted this user enough to elect him or her President would be reason for the Mod to trust such an individual.
6. The Creation of DDO Ministries
No, I'm not talking about church ministries. What I mean is an expansion and organization of the DDO Government to include: people who would help the President in his or her missions (I, for one, am an incompetent human being who would likely need a LOT of help to serve as President), noob greeters who'd provide help to new members, people who'd patrol the forums to report TOS violations, helpers with gaming activities, entertainers, etc. They'd all be volunteers, of course. With such people helping, my shortcomings could be compensated for and the items on this platform could be accomplished, and more.

*New items may be added later*

And that, ladies, gentlemen, eunuchs and hermaphrodites, is my platform. Again, I'm not trolling. Basically I want to expand the size and role of this Site's organized government.
Now, you doubtlessly have some questions. Here's a brief FAQ:

1. Isn't it hypocritical that only a few months ago you petitioned to have the DDO Presidency abolished and now you're running for President?
Why yes, yes it is.

2. Some of these ideas sound familiar.
That's probably because they are.

3. Will you resign for legendary status after getting elected?
No, I won't. If I can't handle it then I'll likely resign, but resigning for the heck of it isn't something that you'll have to experience again under my administration if I'm elected.

4. Why the heck should we vote for you?
My platform, my youth (it's time that somebody under 20 got elected), etc. Also, I've been on DDO with consistent regular activity since late 2013, so I've been around for a fairly long while (though not nearly as long as certain other members). I'm also on the Site...a LOT. Too much, in fact. So, I'm not one of those guys who'd just check in once or twice a week. I'm on DDO almost every day of the year, usually for several hours a day.

5. Will you spam DDO advertising your candidacy?
No. I'll probably send out some PMs (probably not mass PMs, though), but I won't make a dozen threads about this. Most likely I'll just keep bumping this thread.

6. You seem to give up on every project that you start on.
Being DDO President will probably be enough of an incentive for me to work at it. Also, having recently completed two college classes with decent grades in both, I'm a little bit more used to mental labor now. Besides, you can just impeach me if I'm a do-nothing president. Also, I'll be getting a laptop soon so performing more complex actions on the internet will (hopefully) be less of a pain.
And to be fair, until it got kind of toxic I did keep to writing DDO Death Note (new) without quitting.

7. Who's your running mate?
I don't have one yet.

8. Down with DDO! Admin is a much better better Mod than Airmax!
Go suck a sour lemon.

There you go, Debate.org. Vox_Veritas is running for President.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 4:49:32 PM
I serriously doubt this is going anywhere.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 4:50:45 PM
At 5/14/2015 4:49:32 PM, lannan13 wrote:
I seriously doubt this is going anywhere.

Well, one can try.

The DDO Blog:

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 4:52:20 PM
At 5/14/2015 4:50:45 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Well, one can try.

Most of your platform has either already been tried or is highly idealistic, but wouldn't actually work. You're like a Marxist Communist. You're cute talking about your ideals and such, but they just don't work in the real world.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 4:53:38 PM
At 5/14/2015 4:52:20 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Well, one can try.

Most of your platform has either already been tried or is highly idealistic, but wouldn't actually work. You're like a Marxist Communist. You're cute talking about your ideals and such, but they just don't work in the real world.

I'm sure many of these ideas have been proposed, but how many have actually been tried?

The DDO Blog:

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 4:56:17 PM
At 5/14/2015 4:53:38 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Well, one can try.

I'm sure many of these ideas have been proposed, but how many have actually been tried?

1, 3, 4, 6

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 4:59:25 PM
At 5/14/2015 4:56:17 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Well, one can try.

1, 3, 4, 6

5 will probably boost the chances of 1 succeeding. I'd have more experience with attempting 3 now than I did in December. Who tried 4? When was 6 tried?

The DDO Blog:

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 5:01:07 PM
At 5/14/2015 4:59:25 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Well, one can try.

1, 3, 4, 6

5 will probably boost the chances of 1 succeeding. I'd have more experience with attempting 3 now than I did in December. Who tried 4? When was 6 tried?

The past 3 elections Canidates boosted Annie's DDO Newspaper.

FREEDO did 6 and some of his cabinets are still around. Some cabinets were added in the last couple elections after TUF.

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 5:06:11 PM
I'd be surprised if this received 5 votes.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 5:07:16 PM
At 5/14/2015 5:01:07 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Well, one can try.

1, 3, 4, 6

FREEDO did 6 and some of his cabinets are still around. Some cabinets were added in the last couple elections after TUF.

Sounds like 6 was a success then.

The DDO Blog:

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 5:08:24 PM
At 5/14/2015 5:06:11 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I'd be surprised if this received 5 votes.

Then I hope to surprise you on election day. :)

The DDO Blog:

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 5:10:58 PM
At 5/14/2015 5:07:16 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Well, one can try.

1, 3, 4, 6

Well his were mainly irrelivant, but after TUF came the Libertarian wave. More people wanted the power decentralized and the following presidents followed through.

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 5:12:13 PM
At 5/14/2015 5:10:58 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Well, one can try.

1, 3, 4, 6

Well his were mainly irrelivant, but after TUF came the Libertarian wave. More people wanted the power decentralized and the following presidents followed through.

I see. So basically my platform is equivalent to the American Communist Party running in the 1950s.

The DDO Blog:

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 5:13:40 PM
At 5/14/2015 5:12:13 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 5/14/2015 5:10:58 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Well, one can try.

1, 3, 4, 6

I see. So basically my platform is equivalent to the American Communist Party running in the 1950s.

Basically.

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 5:14:28 PM
At 5/14/2015 5:14:03 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Good to see that it isn't just Bsh and I running. Good luck to you!

Thanks

The DDO Blog:

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 5:19:49 PM
At 5/14/2015 5:18:29 PM, Mirza wrote:
Now that I am not running, there is a possibility your voice will be heard.

Indeed.

The DDO Blog:

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 5:22:18 PM
At 5/14/2015 5:14:28 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Thanks

http://static.tumblr.com...
https://pbs.twimg.com...
http://bodymod.dk...

ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 5:38:22 PM

):

http://www.debate.org...
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 5:40:35 PM
At 5/14/2015 5:38:22 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

):

Are you a serious candidate, or are you just trolling?

The DDO Blog:

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 5:44:52 PM

):

I may or may not have completely forgotten about that. XD <3
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 5:46:33 PM
At 5/14/2015 5:44:52 PM, Zaradi wrote:

):

I may or may not have completely forgotten about that. XD <3

LOL You're not the only one.

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 6:38:45 PM
I wonder as to whether or not Airmax would consent to the "Multi privileges" measure in the event that I won this thing.

The DDO Blog:

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 6:53:31 PM
Alright, so, update:

-To be more specific on "Ministry", the Adopt-A-Noob program is something which my Administration will attempt to expand to the debate section.

The DDO Blog:

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 7:38:20 PM
Is this a troll thread?
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 7:39:56 PM
At 5/14/2015 6:53:31 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Alright, so, update:

-To be more specific on "Ministry", the Adopt-A-Noob program is something which my Administration will attempt to expand to the debate section.

To what extent?

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 7:57:49 PM

Rev and I are running.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2015 8:28:08 PM
At 5/14/2015 7:38:20 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
Is this a troll thread?

What is the first sentence in the OP?

The DDO Blog: