Total Posts:135|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Mikal

dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 7:23:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Ok, so what happened? Why did he close his account?
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Zarroette
Posts: 2,951
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 7:31:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 7:23:05 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Ok, so what happened? Why did he close his account?

He got himself banned after Airmax said he was going to temp-ban him.
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 7:33:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 7:31:42 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:23:05 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Ok, so what happened? Why did he close his account?

He got himself banned after Airmax said he was going to temp-ban him.

Seriously??? Details!
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Zarroette
Posts: 2,951
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 7:37:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 7:33:38 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:31:42 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:23:05 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Ok, so what happened? Why did he close his account?

He got himself banned after Airmax said he was going to temp-ban him.

Seriously??? Details!

From my limited knowledge of what happened, Mikal got into a fight with KhaosMage in a Mafia game. Mikal then made a debate wherein Mikal made plentiful amounts of comments bad-mouthing Mage. Then Airmax said he was going to temp-ban Mikal for this. Then Mikal threatened/actually did spam the forums with "gore and porn".
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 7:39:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 7:37:05 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:33:38 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:31:42 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:23:05 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Ok, so what happened? Why did he close his account?

He got himself banned after Airmax said he was going to temp-ban him.

Seriously??? Details!

From my limited knowledge of what happened, Mikal got into a fight with KhaosMage in a Mafia game. Mikal then made a debate wherein Mikal made plentiful amounts of comments bad-mouthing Mage. Then Airmax said he was going to temp-ban Mikal for this. Then Mikal threatened/actually did spam the forums with "gore and porn".

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Just goes to show who is really in charge here.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Zarroette
Posts: 2,951
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 7:43:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 7:39:03 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:37:05 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:33:38 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:31:42 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:23:05 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Ok, so what happened? Why did he close his account?

He got himself banned after Airmax said he was going to temp-ban him.

Seriously??? Details!

From my limited knowledge of what happened, Mikal got into a fight with KhaosMage in a Mafia game. Mikal then made a debate wherein Mikal made plentiful amounts of comments bad-mouthing Mage. Then Airmax said he was going to temp-ban Mikal for this. Then Mikal threatened/actually did spam the forums with "gore and porn".

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Just goes to show who is really in charge here.

Tread carefully...
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 7:58:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 7:37:05 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:33:38 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:31:42 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:23:05 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Ok, so what happened? Why did he close his account?

He got himself banned after Airmax said he was going to temp-ban him.

Seriously??? Details!

From my limited knowledge of what happened, Mikal got into a fight with KhaosMage in a Mafia game. Mikal then made a debate wherein Mikal made plentiful amounts of comments bad-mouthing Mage. Then Airmax said he was going to temp-ban Mikal for this. Then Mikal threatened/actually did spam the forums with "gore and porn".

Lol.
That's the best he had?
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Zarroette
Posts: 2,951
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 8:06:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 7:58:36 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:37:05 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:33:38 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:31:42 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:23:05 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Ok, so what happened? Why did he close his account?

He got himself banned after Airmax said he was going to temp-ban him.

Seriously??? Details!

From my limited knowledge of what happened, Mikal got into a fight with KhaosMage in a Mafia game. Mikal then made a debate wherein Mikal made plentiful amounts of comments bad-mouthing Mage. Then Airmax said he was going to temp-ban Mikal for this. Then Mikal threatened/actually did spam the forums with "gore and porn".

Lol.
That's the best he had?

I'm sure Mikal has had better ;)
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 8:28:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 8:06:04 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:58:36 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:37:05 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:33:38 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:31:42 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:23:05 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Ok, so what happened? Why did he close his account?

He got himself banned after Airmax said he was going to temp-ban him.

Seriously??? Details!

From my limited knowledge of what happened, Mikal got into a fight with KhaosMage in a Mafia game. Mikal then made a debate wherein Mikal made plentiful amounts of comments bad-mouthing Mage. Then Airmax said he was going to temp-ban Mikal for this. Then Mikal threatened/actually did spam the forums with "gore and porn".

Lol.
That's the best he had?

I'm sure Mikal has had better ;)

I'm sure you have better ;)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 12:39:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 8:06:04 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:58:36 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:37:05 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:33:38 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:31:42 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:23:05 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Ok, so what happened? Why did he close his account?

He got himself banned after Airmax said he was going to temp-ban him.

Seriously??? Details!

From my limited knowledge of what happened, Mikal got into a fight with KhaosMage in a Mafia game. Mikal then made a debate wherein Mikal made plentiful amounts of comments bad-mouthing Mage. Then Airmax said he was going to temp-ban Mikal for this. Then Mikal threatened/actually did spam the forums with "gore and porn".

Lol.
That's the best he had?

I'm sure Mikal has had better ;)
Good.
Because Gore and Porn are only good for shock value. They don't have an ounce of wit about them.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Geographia
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 4:46:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 12:39:17 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 5/16/2015 8:06:04 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:58:36 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:37:05 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:33:38 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:31:42 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:23:05 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Ok, so what happened? Why did he close his account?

He got himself banned after Airmax said he was going to temp-ban him.

Seriously??? Details!

From my limited knowledge of what happened, Mikal got into a fight with KhaosMage in a Mafia game. Mikal then made a debate wherein Mikal made plentiful amounts of comments bad-mouthing Mage. Then Airmax said he was going to temp-ban Mikal for this. Then Mikal threatened/actually did spam the forums with "gore and porn".

Lol.
That's the best he had?

I'm sure Mikal has had better ;)
Good.
Because Gore and Porn are only good for shock value. They don't have an ounce of wit about them.

And I like porn.
Zarroette
Posts: 2,951
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 5:14:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 8:28:17 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 5/16/2015 8:06:04 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:58:36 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:37:05 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:33:38 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:31:42 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:23:05 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Ok, so what happened? Why did he close his account?

He got himself banned after Airmax said he was going to temp-ban him.

Seriously??? Details!

From my limited knowledge of what happened, Mikal got into a fight with KhaosMage in a Mafia game. Mikal then made a debate wherein Mikal made plentiful amounts of comments bad-mouthing Mage. Then Airmax said he was going to temp-ban Mikal for this. Then Mikal threatened/actually did spam the forums with "gore and porn".

Lol.
That's the best he had?

I'm sure Mikal has had better ;)

I'm sure you have better ;)

You know it. I know multiple dad-tier jokes that would be really annoying to read. Airmax would have to ban me before I posted them, to save DDO the crippling burden of perhaps glancing at them.
Zarroette
Posts: 2,951
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 5:14:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 12:39:17 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 5/16/2015 8:06:04 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:58:36 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:37:05 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:33:38 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:31:42 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:23:05 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Ok, so what happened? Why did he close his account?

He got himself banned after Airmax said he was going to temp-ban him.

Seriously??? Details!

From my limited knowledge of what happened, Mikal got into a fight with KhaosMage in a Mafia game. Mikal then made a debate wherein Mikal made plentiful amounts of comments bad-mouthing Mage. Then Airmax said he was going to temp-ban Mikal for this. Then Mikal threatened/actually did spam the forums with "gore and porn".

Lol.
That's the best he had?

I'm sure Mikal has had better ;)
Good.
Because Gore and Porn are only good for shock value. They don't have an ounce of wit about them.

True. But I'm sure that is exactly the effect Mikal wanted.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,848
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 5:26:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 7:23:05 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Ok, so what happened? Why did he close his account?

He was banned for being an idiot. And then wanted to be perma-banned because he was an idiot.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 6:38:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 5:26:00 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:23:05 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Ok, so what happened? Why did he close his account?

He was banned for being an idiot. And then wanted to be perma-banned because he was an idiot.

He was fed up with the populous of this site, and therefore permanently and purposefully got banned so he that he may not return to the full blown idiocy on this site.

A lot of trolls like ruining a good thing, it's easy to push ddos white knight to a chaos driven mad man. In my opinion he was not an "idiot" he merely was just finally pushed to his limits of insanity.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 6:43:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 6:38:20 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 5:26:00 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:23:05 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Ok, so what happened? Why did he close his account?

He was banned for being an idiot. And then wanted to be perma-banned because he was an idiot.

He was fed up with the populous of this site, and therefore permanently and purposefully got banned so he that he may not return to the full blown idiocy on this site.

A lot of trolls like ruining a good thing, it's easy to push ddos white knight to a chaos driven mad man. In my opinion he was not an "idiot" he merely was just finally pushed to his limits of insanity.

Do you even know what he did to get banned in the first place - the cause of which was surely his fault, though by no means intentioned on being banned? Or, are you just talking out of your ars? I lean toward the latter.

Irrespective of whether there are stupid people on this website - there are - he did not ask for his temp ban, but only to be permanently banned thereafter - i.e., "I didn't win, so I'm taking my ball and going home." He thought his actions toward Khaos, including but not limited to call him "retarded" and stating that he should be executed, were fully justified. He never once said to himself, "Hey, I want to get banned, so I'm going to call Khaos a retard!"

He thought he was invincible: it was a Faustian bargain that didn't quite go over so well for him.

That isn't to say that I think he should have been permanently banned, and so far as I know he's in a state of limbo. But make no mistake: he hasn't anyone to blame but himself, and it would be utterly irrational for us to deflect blame onto the "trolls" of DDO. They had nothing to do with the *initial* action which got him banned.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 6:51:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 6:43:39 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/16/2015 6:38:20 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 5:26:00 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:23:05 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Ok, so what happened? Why did he close his account?

He was banned for being an idiot. And then wanted to be perma-banned because he was an idiot.

He was fed up with the populous of this site, and therefore permanently and purposefully got banned so he that he may not return to the full blown idiocy on this site.

A lot of trolls like ruining a good thing, it's easy to push ddos white knight to a chaos driven mad man. In my opinion he was not an "idiot" he merely was just finally pushed to his limits of insanity.

Do you even know what he did to get banned in the first place - the cause of which was surely his fault, though by no means intentioned on being banned? Or, are you just talking out of your ars? I lean toward the latter.

Irrespective of whether there are stupid people on this website - there are - he did not ask for his temp ban, but only to be permanently banned thereafter - i.e., "I didn't win, so I'm taking my ball and going home." He thought his actions toward Khaos, including but not limited to call him "retarded" and stating that he should be executed, were fully justified. He never once said to himself, "Hey, I want to get banned, so I'm going to call Khaos a retard!"

He thought he was invincible: it was a Faustian bargain that didn't quite go over so well for him.

That isn't to say that I think he should have been permanently banned, and so far as I know he's in a state of limbo. But make no mistake: he hasn't anyone to blame but himself, and it would be utterly irrational for us to deflect blame onto the "trolls" of DDO. They had nothing to do with the *initial* action which got him banned.

Sure it was his fault, but that doesn't mean you know what he was thinking as well. What proves what you say correct?
I have been on this site an extremely long time, and I can point out when someone is fed up with people, and instead of just leaving, they will purposefully get themselves temp or perm banned, in this case he was acting out due to the trouble that not only khaos was causing him, but also acting out apon that of a moderators decisive action. He may have gotten angry, not wanting to return to the site, so he did a stupid thing to get himself banned.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 7:02:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 6:38:20 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 5:26:00 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:23:05 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Ok, so what happened? Why did he close his account?

He was banned for being an idiot. And then wanted to be perma-banned because he was an idiot.

He was fed up with the populous of this site, and therefore permanently and purposefully got banned so he that he may not return to the full blown idiocy on this site.

A lot of trolls like ruining a good thing, it's easy to push ddos white knight to a chaos driven mad man. In my opinion he was not an "idiot" he merely was just finally pushed to his limits of insanity.

In addition to what the other guy said, it's worth pointing out that even if this is the reason he left (instead of being the plot of The Dark Knight), he apparently failed to reckon with the brute fact that the "stupidity" he perceives isn't a localized, concentrated phenomenon that he can escape just by getting himself banned. There are loud, boisterous people possessed of a poor reasoning ability everywhere you go, and, to the extent you believe, as I do, such abilities are roughly normally distributed, you'd be hard pressed to avoid the problem unless you're a complete shut-in with delusions about your own place in that distribution.

And, on the further chance that your Dark Knight Theory (or, more accurately, Harvey Dent Theory) of Mikal's psyche is anywhere near accurate, consider the implications of your assessment of the so-called "White Knight" as being driven to insanity by trolling on a debate site. What would you infer about that person's preexisting psychological disposition if something so paltry could be responsible for "unhinging" him?
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 7:02:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 6:51:39 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
Sure it was his fault, but that doesn't mean you know what he was thinking as well. What proves what you say correct?

I don't, nor do you. The difference is that I'm not making claims as to his overarching motives because those aren't important. Had he done this in a fit of passion, you may have had a case, though this was *clearly*, judging by the longevity of his encounters with Khaos and the calculations that went into both setting up and running a debate case, that this was premeditated.

Not to mention, if Mikal were actually intending to get himself banned, why would he have taken such a fit thereafter? Wouldn't he have told us, much as he did following the election, that this was all part of his plan?

This had nothing to do with the user base of the site, or the newer "troll members" - many of whom, by the way, were responsible for getting him elected. This was the byproduct of a long-term beef with Khaos, and he crossed a line. Deflecting blame onto newer members and making bold claims as to his "intentions" that you can't prove in an attempt to exonerate him ex post facto is baseless and in poor taste.

I have been on this site an extremely long time, and I can point out when someone is fed up with people, and instead of just leaving, they will purposefully get themselves temp or perm banned, in this case he was acting out due to the trouble that not only khaos was causing him, but also acting out apon that of a moderators decisive action. He may have gotten angry, not wanting to return to the site, so he did a stupid thing to get himself banned.

You're contradicting yourself. You began with an assertion (that's a non-sequitur, by the way, since the mere existence of some random anecdotal example does not translate to it being necessarily true in Mikal's case, nor does it make it true) that this was all calculated, but then duly noted that he reacted adversely to Max's (rather tempered, if I may say) decision. If this were calculated, wouldn't he *expect* the ban? Further, if he wanted to be banned, why would he drag this out to a debate, when he could have simply, in the heat of passion, posted an attack thread on Khaos, which, had it been severe enough, would have been sufficient for a ban?

It's also astounding that you think you can opine on the "trouble Khaos was causing him." Their mafia encounters aside - and Khaos has readily admitted that he isn't the most congenial mafia player, though nevertheless many (including myself) think he's a good person - *no one* deserves to be call retarded, or to be told that they ought to be executed because they're a "net detriment to society." I know you want to defend your friend, but save it for someone naive enough to buy into this highly fallacious narrative that not Mikal, but the *trolls*, of the site are responsible for his actions.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 7:11:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 7:02:15 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 5/16/2015 6:38:20 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 5:26:00 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:23:05 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
Ok, so what happened? Why did he close his account?

He was banned for being an idiot. And then wanted to be perma-banned because he was an idiot.

He was fed up with the populous of this site, and therefore permanently and purposefully got banned so he that he may not return to the full blown idiocy on this site.

A lot of trolls like ruining a good thing, it's easy to push ddos white knight to a chaos driven mad man. In my opinion he was not an "idiot" he merely was just finally pushed to his limits of insanity.

In addition to what the other guy said, it's worth pointing out that even if this is the reason he left (instead of being the plot of The Dark Knight), he apparently failed to reckon with the brute fact that the "stupidity" he perceives isn't a localized, concentrated phenomenon that he can escape just by getting himself banned. There are loud, boisterous people possessed of a poor reasoning ability everywhere you go, and, to the extent you believe, as I do, such abilities are roughly normally distributed, you'd be hard pressed to avoid the problem unless you're a complete shut-in with delusions about your own place in that distribution.

And, on the further chance that your Dark Knight Theory (or, more accurately, Harvey Dent Theory) of Mikal's psyche is anywhere near accurate, consider the implications of your assessment of the so-called "White Knight" as being driven to insanity by trolling on a debate site. What would you infer about that person's preexisting psychological disposition if something so paltry could be responsible for "unhinging" him?

I like you o.o
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 7:12:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 7:02:30 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/16/2015 6:51:39 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
Sure it was his fault, but that doesn't mean you know what he was thinking as well. What proves what you say correct?

I don't, nor do you. The difference is that I'm not making claims as to his overarching motives because those aren't important. Had he done this in a fit of passion, you may have had a case, though this was *clearly*, judging by the longevity of his encounters with Khaos and the calculations that went into both setting up and running a debate case, that this was premeditated.

Not to mention, if Mikal were actually intending to get himself banned, why would he have taken such a fit thereafter? Wouldn't he have told us, much as he did following the election, that this was all part of his plan?

This had nothing to do with the user base of the site, or the newer "troll members" - many of whom, by the way, were responsible for getting him elected. This was the byproduct of a long-term beef with Khaos, and he crossed a line. Deflecting blame onto newer members and making bold claims as to his "intentions" that you can't prove in an attempt to exonerate him ex post facto is baseless and in poor taste.

I have been on this site an extremely long time, and I can point out when someone is fed up with people, and instead of just leaving, they will purposefully get themselves temp or perm banned, in this case he was acting out due to the trouble that not only khaos was causing him, but also acting out apon that of a moderators decisive action. He may have gotten angry, not wanting to return to the site, so he did a stupid thing to get himself banned.

You're contradicting yourself. You began with an assertion (that's a non-sequitur, by the way, since the mere existence of some random anecdotal example does not translate to it being necessarily true in Mikal's case, nor does it make it true) that this was all calculated, but then duly noted that he reacted adversely to Max's (rather tempered, if I may say) decision. If this were calculated, wouldn't he *expect* the ban? Further, if he wanted to be banned, why would he drag this out to a debate, when he could have simply, in the heat of passion, posted an attack thread on Khaos, which, had it been severe enough, would have been sufficient for a ban?

It's also astounding that you think you can opine on the "trouble Khaos was causing him." Their mafia encounters aside - and Khaos has readily admitted that he isn't the most congenial mafia player, though nevertheless many (including myself) think he's a good person - *no one* deserves to be call retarded, or to be told that they ought to be executed because they're a "net detriment to society." I know you want to defend your friend, but save it for someone naive enough to buy into this highly fallacious narrative that not Mikal, but the *trolls*, of the site are responsible for his actions.

Bah I'm trying to blow smoke the right way, in other words though I still stand by my argument until I get in touch with mikal himself and learn the real reason.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 7:13:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 7:12:35 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:02:30 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/16/2015 6:51:39 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
Sure it was his fault, but that doesn't mean you know what he was thinking as well. What proves what you say correct?

I don't, nor do you. The difference is that I'm not making claims as to his overarching motives because those aren't important. Had he done this in a fit of passion, you may have had a case, though this was *clearly*, judging by the longevity of his encounters with Khaos and the calculations that went into both setting up and running a debate case, that this was premeditated.

Not to mention, if Mikal were actually intending to get himself banned, why would he have taken such a fit thereafter? Wouldn't he have told us, much as he did following the election, that this was all part of his plan?

This had nothing to do with the user base of the site, or the newer "troll members" - many of whom, by the way, were responsible for getting him elected. This was the byproduct of a long-term beef with Khaos, and he crossed a line. Deflecting blame onto newer members and making bold claims as to his "intentions" that you can't prove in an attempt to exonerate him ex post facto is baseless and in poor taste.

I have been on this site an extremely long time, and I can point out when someone is fed up with people, and instead of just leaving, they will purposefully get themselves temp or perm banned, in this case he was acting out due to the trouble that not only khaos was causing him, but also acting out apon that of a moderators decisive action. He may have gotten angry, not wanting to return to the site, so he did a stupid thing to get himself banned.

You're contradicting yourself. You began with an assertion (that's a non-sequitur, by the way, since the mere existence of some random anecdotal example does not translate to it being necessarily true in Mikal's case, nor does it make it true) that this was all calculated, but then duly noted that he reacted adversely to Max's (rather tempered, if I may say) decision. If this were calculated, wouldn't he *expect* the ban? Further, if he wanted to be banned, why would he drag this out to a debate, when he could have simply, in the heat of passion, posted an attack thread on Khaos, which, had it been severe enough, would have been sufficient for a ban?

It's also astounding that you think you can opine on the "trouble Khaos was causing him." Their mafia encounters aside - and Khaos has readily admitted that he isn't the most congenial mafia player, though nevertheless many (including myself) think he's a good person - *no one* deserves to be call retarded, or to be told that they ought to be executed because they're a "net detriment to society." I know you want to defend your friend, but save it for someone naive enough to buy into this highly fallacious narrative that not Mikal, but the *trolls*, of the site are responsible for his actions.

Bah I'm trying to blow smoke the right way, in other words though I still stand by my argument until I get in touch with mikal himself and learn the real reason.

He posted a thread on it. You may want to check that out - it doesn't support your argument.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 7:23:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 7:12:35 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:02:30 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/16/2015 6:51:39 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
Sure it was his fault, but that doesn't mean you know what he was thinking as well. What proves what you say correct?

I don't, nor do you. The difference is that I'm not making claims as to his overarching motives because those aren't important. Had he done this in a fit of passion, you may have had a case, though this was *clearly*, judging by the longevity of his encounters with Khaos and the calculations that went into both setting up and running a debate case, that this was premeditated.

Not to mention, if Mikal were actually intending to get himself banned, why would he have taken such a fit thereafter? Wouldn't he have told us, much as he did following the election, that this was all part of his plan?

This had nothing to do with the user base of the site, or the newer "troll members" - many of whom, by the way, were responsible for getting him elected. This was the byproduct of a long-term beef with Khaos, and he crossed a line. Deflecting blame onto newer members and making bold claims as to his "intentions" that you can't prove in an attempt to exonerate him ex post facto is baseless and in poor taste.

I have been on this site an extremely long time, and I can point out when someone is fed up with people, and instead of just leaving, they will purposefully get themselves temp or perm banned, in this case he was acting out due to the trouble that not only khaos was causing him, but also acting out apon that of a moderators decisive action. He may have gotten angry, not wanting to return to the site, so he did a stupid thing to get himself banned.

You're contradicting yourself. You began with an assertion (that's a non-sequitur, by the way, since the mere existence of some random anecdotal example does not translate to it being necessarily true in Mikal's case, nor does it make it true) that this was all calculated, but then duly noted that he reacted adversely to Max's (rather tempered, if I may say) decision. If this were calculated, wouldn't he *expect* the ban? Further, if he wanted to be banned, why would he drag this out to a debate, when he could have simply, in the heat of passion, posted an attack thread on Khaos, which, had it been severe enough, would have been sufficient for a ban?

It's also astounding that you think you can opine on the "trouble Khaos was causing him." Their mafia encounters aside - and Khaos has readily admitted that he isn't the most congenial mafia player, though nevertheless many (including myself) think he's a good person - *no one* deserves to be call retarded, or to be told that they ought to be executed because they're a "net detriment to society." I know you want to defend your friend, but save it for someone naive enough to buy into this highly fallacious narrative that not Mikal, but the *trolls*, of the site are responsible for his actions.

Bah I'm trying to blow smoke the right way, in other words though I still stand by my argument until I get in touch with mikal himself and learn the real reason.

Wouldn't it be more reasonable to not have an argument until you get the information that would permit you to build a more reasonable one? I'm all for reasoning with incomplete information, but it sounds like you don't have any at all, which means you couldn't possibly have a selection mechanism for deciphering potentially good explanations from obviously bad ones.
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 7:24:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 7:13:26 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:12:35 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:02:30 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/16/2015 6:51:39 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
Sure it was his fault, but that doesn't mean you know what he was thinking as well. What proves what you say correct?

I don't, nor do you. The difference is that I'm not making claims as to his overarching motives because those aren't important. Had he done this in a fit of passion, you may have had a case, though this was *clearly*, judging by the longevity of his encounters with Khaos and the calculations that went into both setting up and running a debate case, that this was premeditated.

Not to mention, if Mikal were actually intending to get himself banned, why would he have taken such a fit thereafter? Wouldn't he have told us, much as he did following the election, that this was all part of his plan?

This had nothing to do with the user base of the site, or the newer "troll members" - many of whom, by the way, were responsible for getting him elected. This was the byproduct of a long-term beef with Khaos, and he crossed a line. Deflecting blame onto newer members and making bold claims as to his "intentions" that you can't prove in an attempt to exonerate him ex post facto is baseless and in poor taste.

I have been on this site an extremely long time, and I can point out when someone is fed up with people, and instead of just leaving, they will purposefully get themselves temp or perm banned, in this case he was acting out due to the trouble that not only khaos was causing him, but also acting out apon that of a moderators decisive action. He may have gotten angry, not wanting to return to the site, so he did a stupid thing to get himself banned.

You're contradicting yourself. You began with an assertion (that's a non-sequitur, by the way, since the mere existence of some random anecdotal example does not translate to it being necessarily true in Mikal's case, nor does it make it true) that this was all calculated, but then duly noted that he reacted adversely to Max's (rather tempered, if I may say) decision. If this were calculated, wouldn't he *expect* the ban? Further, if he wanted to be banned, why would he drag this out to a debate, when he could have simply, in the heat of passion, posted an attack thread on Khaos, which, had it been severe enough, would have been sufficient for a ban?

It's also astounding that you think you can opine on the "trouble Khaos was causing him." Their mafia encounters aside - and Khaos has readily admitted that he isn't the most congenial mafia player, though nevertheless many (including myself) think he's a good person - *no one* deserves to be call retarded, or to be told that they ought to be executed because they're a "net detriment to society." I know you want to defend your friend, but save it for someone naive enough to buy into this highly fallacious narrative that not Mikal, but the *trolls*, of the site are responsible for his actions.

Bah I'm trying to blow smoke the right way, in other words though I still stand by my argument until I get in touch with mikal himself and learn the real reason.

He posted a thread on it. You may want to check that out - it doesn't support your argument.

Link?
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 7:26:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 7:24:21 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:13:26 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:12:35 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:02:30 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/16/2015 6:51:39 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
Sure it was his fault, but that doesn't mean you know what he was thinking as well. What proves what you say correct?

I don't, nor do you. The difference is that I'm not making claims as to his overarching motives because those aren't important. Had he done this in a fit of passion, you may have had a case, though this was *clearly*, judging by the longevity of his encounters with Khaos and the calculations that went into both setting up and running a debate case, that this was premeditated.

Not to mention, if Mikal were actually intending to get himself banned, why would he have taken such a fit thereafter? Wouldn't he have told us, much as he did following the election, that this was all part of his plan?

This had nothing to do with the user base of the site, or the newer "troll members" - many of whom, by the way, were responsible for getting him elected. This was the byproduct of a long-term beef with Khaos, and he crossed a line. Deflecting blame onto newer members and making bold claims as to his "intentions" that you can't prove in an attempt to exonerate him ex post facto is baseless and in poor taste.

I have been on this site an extremely long time, and I can point out when someone is fed up with people, and instead of just leaving, they will purposefully get themselves temp or perm banned, in this case he was acting out due to the trouble that not only khaos was causing him, but also acting out apon that of a moderators decisive action. He may have gotten angry, not wanting to return to the site, so he did a stupid thing to get himself banned.

You're contradicting yourself. You began with an assertion (that's a non-sequitur, by the way, since the mere existence of some random anecdotal example does not translate to it being necessarily true in Mikal's case, nor does it make it true) that this was all calculated, but then duly noted that he reacted adversely to Max's (rather tempered, if I may say) decision. If this were calculated, wouldn't he *expect* the ban? Further, if he wanted to be banned, why would he drag this out to a debate, when he could have simply, in the heat of passion, posted an attack thread on Khaos, which, had it been severe enough, would have been sufficient for a ban?

It's also astounding that you think you can opine on the "trouble Khaos was causing him." Their mafia encounters aside - and Khaos has readily admitted that he isn't the most congenial mafia player, though nevertheless many (including myself) think he's a good person - *no one* deserves to be call retarded, or to be told that they ought to be executed because they're a "net detriment to society." I know you want to defend your friend, but save it for someone naive enough to buy into this highly fallacious narrative that not Mikal, but the *trolls*, of the site are responsible for his actions.

Bah I'm trying to blow smoke the right way, in other words though I still stand by my argument until I get in touch with mikal himself and learn the real reason.

He posted a thread on it. You may want to check that out - it doesn't support your argument.

Link?

http://www.debate.org...
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 7:41:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
That moment when you regularly call people mongrels and filth but never have action taken against you. However, I've never really been able to maintain a dislike of someone without getting bored or distracted from it. And it seems like Mikal has disliked Khaos for a while.

How do you do it?
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 7:43:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 7:26:25 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:24:21 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:13:26 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:12:35 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:02:30 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/16/2015 6:51:39 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
Sure it was his fault, but that doesn't mean you know what he was thinking as well. What proves what you say correct?

I don't, nor do you. The difference is that I'm not making claims as to his overarching motives because those aren't important. Had he done this in a fit of passion, you may have had a case, though this was *clearly*, judging by the longevity of his encounters with Khaos and the calculations that went into both setting up and running a debate case, that this was premeditated.

Not to mention, if Mikal were actually intending to get himself banned, why would he have taken such a fit thereafter? Wouldn't he have told us, much as he did following the election, that this was all part of his plan?

This had nothing to do with the user base of the site, or the newer "troll members" - many of whom, by the way, were responsible for getting him elected. This was the byproduct of a long-term beef with Khaos, and he crossed a line. Deflecting blame onto newer members and making bold claims as to his "intentions" that you can't prove in an attempt to exonerate him ex post facto is baseless and in poor taste.

I have been on this site an extremely long time, and I can point out when someone is fed up with people, and instead of just leaving, they will purposefully get themselves temp or perm banned, in this case he was acting out due to the trouble that not only khaos was causing him, but also acting out apon that of a moderators decisive action. He may have gotten angry, not wanting to return to the site, so he did a stupid thing to get himself banned.

You're contradicting yourself. You began with an assertion (that's a non-sequitur, by the way, since the mere existence of some random anecdotal example does not translate to it being necessarily true in Mikal's case, nor does it make it true) that this was all calculated, but then duly noted that he reacted adversely to Max's (rather tempered, if I may say) decision. If this were calculated, wouldn't he *expect* the ban? Further, if he wanted to be banned, why would he drag this out to a debate, when he could have simply, in the heat of passion, posted an attack thread on Khaos, which, had it been severe enough, would have been sufficient for a ban?

It's also astounding that you think you can opine on the "trouble Khaos was causing him." Their mafia encounters aside - and Khaos has readily admitted that he isn't the most congenial mafia player, though nevertheless many (including myself) think he's a good person - *no one* deserves to be call retarded, or to be told that they ought to be executed because they're a "net detriment to society." I know you want to defend your friend, but save it for someone naive enough to buy into this highly fallacious narrative that not Mikal, but the *trolls*, of the site are responsible for his actions.

Bah I'm trying to blow smoke the right way, in other words though I still stand by my argument until I get in touch with mikal himself and learn the real reason.

He posted a thread on it. You may want to check that out - it doesn't support your argument.

Link?

http://www.debate.org...

Bruh this only proves my point that he did it on purpose?? Seriously?
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 7:45:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 7:43:14 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:

Bruh this only proves my point that he did it on purpose?? Seriously?

How? I'd love to hear this.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 8:40:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 7:41:41 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
That moment when you regularly call people mongrels and filth but never have action taken against you. However, I've never really been able to maintain a dislike of someone without getting bored or distracted from it. And it seems like Mikal has disliked Khaos for a while.

How do you do it?

I have a dartboard where i stick the pictures of people i hate. Then use it for target practice every night just to reignite the hate. Works perfectly.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 8:42:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/16/2015 8:40:17 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 5/16/2015 7:41:41 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
That moment when you regularly call people mongrels and filth but never have action taken against you. However, I've never really been able to maintain a dislike of someone without getting bored or distracted from it. And it seems like Mikal has disliked Khaos for a while.

How do you do it?

I have a dartboard where i stick the pictures of people i hate. Then use it for target practice every night just to reignite the hate. Works perfectly.

Am I on said dartboard? =(
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah