Jump to topic:

An "edit" button on posts

Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 6:09:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I accidentally sent some posts to threads before completing editing of the posts, and I just reread a post that I wrote that sounded like something I didn't mean when I originally wrote it...I would like to make a suggestion of an "edit" button on posts:).
"La, la, la. Whatever. La, la, la. It doesn't matter. La, la, la. Oh well. La, la, la..."
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 8:53:39 AM
At 5/17/2015 6:09:52 AM, Mr_Eno_Otu wrote:
I accidentally sent some posts to threads before completing editing of the posts, and I just reread a post that I wrote that sounded like something I didn't mean when I originally wrote it...I would like to make a suggestion of an "edit" button on posts:).

It would destroy forum mafia. No can do.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 11:57:14 AM

1. People could try to cover up site rule violations
2. People would ruin forum mafia games by covering up slips in their play

Just click the reply button and edit it there, or add thoughts into the end of the post.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 11:58:05 AM
At 5/17/2015 11:57:14 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Just click the reply button and edit it there, or add thoughts onto the end of the post.

Fix'd. (Not deliberate, but a good example anyway)
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Mr_Eno_Otu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 6:47:55 PM

Just click the reply button and edit it there, or add thoughts into the end of the post.

I see...thanks:).
"La, la, la. Whatever. La, la, la. It doesn't matter. La, la, la. Oh well. La, la, la..."
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 7:41:29 PM
At 5/17/2015 8:53:39 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

There could always be an option to show what the original comment was.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 7:42:18 PM
At 5/17/2015 7:41:29 PM, Mirza wrote:

There could always be an option to show what the original comment was.

Or it could just not apply to the games forum. That would probably be easier.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 8:29:45 PM

Wow, that's actually a great point... I wonder if it'd be possible to allow the edit option in other threads, while keeping it blocked for the "games" section.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 9:04:53 PM
At 5/17/2015 8:29:45 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Wow, that's actually a great point... I wonder if it'd be possible to allow the edit option in other threads, while keeping it blocked for the "games" section.

That would destroy the destruction of mafia.
hey b0ss ( V5;" V0;B2; V5;")
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 9:06:36 PM
At 5/17/2015 9:04:53 PM, 8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA wrote:
At 5/17/2015 8:29:45 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

That would destroy the destruction of mafia.

... Only if you looked at mafia as something that needed to be destroyed in the first place.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...