Jump to topic:

Presidential Interview with Bshradivoid

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 2:05:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hello everyone, today I have here with me one of my favourites for the subsequent elections: Bshradivoid- bsh1, Zaradi and Blackvoid. It is my utmost honour to be given the privilege of conducting the first interview with them (which I hopefully won"t mess up too badly.) *tries not to stare too much at Zaradi"s awesome emo-hair*

-==0==-

So, how are you all today?

Bsh: I'm good, lol.

Zaradi: I'm doing alright today, Annie. And you?

Excellent, thank you. Great, then let's jump right into this. :-) Let's start with Brian.

-==0==-

Why do you believe that your party should be elected?

Well, DDO doesn't have political parties anymore, but I think that my team should be elected because each one of us have been on DDO for a significant amount of time and have been highly active on the site, so we know that issues that DDO is facing. We also have a solid platform that, if Juggle gives us the chance, could really bring positive change to DDO. Moreover, we have a clear vision for supporting DDO's community that we can embark on without Juggle's support. So, whether Juggle gets involved or not, there are substantive things we can do if elected.

DDO, as many of us know, has been instrumental in your life.
What is the most important aspect, you believe, should be implemented or fixed on DDO?

Right now, fixing the bugs on the site, both chronic and new, is top priority. That, and fixing the mobile update.

Good choices, and on that note- how about we discuss other choices, like how you chose your other party members? Why do you believe Zaradi and Blackvoid would be good running mates?

Because they both care about the site. Zaradi and BV are clearly dedicated to the site and are knowledgeable members. They are active participants in the community and I trust them to be excellent leaders.

When are you finally going to admit that the real reasons you chose Zaradi as VP is because he"s hawt, to encourage people to vote?
[Source: http://www.debate.org...]

OMG...lol.

Uh huh- that's right. I'm onto you bruh :P

Lol...Annie...wow"

What is the most important value, or quality that a candidate for the Presidency should have?
I think that the President has to, first and foremost, care about the community. If they don't genuinely care for the community, they cannot be an effective advocate for that community.

Though you have contributed excessively to every aspect of the site: polls, forums, the wiki, and acquiring the 2nd Debate Leaderboard position, you still don"t believe you"re one of the top debaters, contrary to almost everyone else"s belief. Do you believe you have the confidence to be the President of DDO?

Sure. I wouldn't be running if I didn't think I could do a good job as President.

Due to your unwavering fascination in DDO fanfictions, what is your plan to bring more attention to them?

Well, I want to get input from fan fic writers and readers about that, because I think more can be done, but I want their feedback as to what those actions should be. One idea I am actively considering is moving the fan fic sticky from the entertainment forum to the main one.

I"ve asked you before, but clarify again. I don"t believe it is fair, on the part of assiduous debaters, to have their record removed from the Leaderboards. You believe that they should be placed in the HoF, but only 3 people are entered every year, and diligent, excellent members like Phantom isn"t even in there yet. Why do you think it is a good idea?

Well, the person you named, Phantom, is active, and so wouldn't be impacted by my proposal. But, to your question, I think that the leaderboards should reflect the community and the standing of people in that community. People who have been gone for 2 or more years are no longer part of the community, and they make it harder for people who are to climb the leaderboard. That is why I would retire people like that from the main leaderboards unless and until they log back on.

I still don't agree with that.

Question from :
"If elected, would you make it a requirement for everyone to have butt sex? Because that would be f*cking hot."

Lol...no.

Well that"s disappointing" No hot action with cute guys (and girls")??? On the topic of cute guys"
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 2:06:37 PM
Well that"s disappointing" No hot action with cute guys (and girls")??? On the topic of cute guys"

Now, let"s have a chat with the renowned, totes-adorable, philosophy geek, gamer and obsessed-with-DDO-that-he"s-been-here-over-a-quarter-of-a-decade Zaradi.

Despite being an old member, many were quite surprised that you decided to run this year. Have you ever considered running for the Presidential elections before? Why now?

I considered running during the interim election when no one was stepping up to try and get something going. I've always seen other members as more capable and willing to step up to the office than I have, so there's never really been a need to run for me. I've always been willing ot help improve the site, however, so when Bsh asked me to run as his VP, it was an easy yes.

Did you really accept bsh"s advance because of the above reasons, or was it because you truly wanted to work alongside him to determine your sexual orientation?

Hahaha no. As much as I know Bsh finds my looks cute ;) he's YYW's. No need to ruin a good thing.

Suuuurrree. Did you accept Blackvoid to keep your "enemies closer," since thett showed some allure to him? [Source: http://www.debate.org...]

Blackvoid, yes. Gotta keep an eye on that rascal...

Oooh! A new ship!
What is your major goal, if your party is elected?

To bring some sort of positive change to the site. That's all I've ever wanted to do and in office might be the best place to effect some sort of change.

*wipes tear* Cute and sweet.
What do you think is your party"s defining, strongest aspect?

Our strongest aspect is probably our ties to the community. Bsh is a literal, metaphorical, and figurative god amongst men on this site. He's universally liked and resepected not only as a debater but as a person as well. Blackvoid's been a member of this site for longer than almost everyone at this point, and he's still a great guy to talk to and get to know. And I'm me (which probably isn't exactly a selling point... xD). So I feel like we have one of the best possible teams, if not the best possible team, to get the job done.

You"re doing a poor job at hiding your sexuality" js... o.O XD

Thett3 has stated before, albeit jokingly, that there should be an age restriction for DDO. What is your opinion on implementing such a thing to the site?

Well, an age restriction would get rid of Rev. Anything that can get rid of Rev must be a good thing >;D

Joking aside, there's not really a way to seriously answer this question except for "it's not a good idea". Some of our greatest and smartest members, dtaylor being a great example, have been rather young in age.

There is no doubt that previous elected members, including bsh1, has worked on projects with airmax before, or for the site. For instance, TUF and the initial voting change, Ore_Ele being a moderator, Blade"s three big projects: team debating, voting review board and the conduct moderation thread, and bsh1"s fanfic competition, his work on the wiki etc.

Do you believe there are any, and if so, do you have the qualifications to run for VP?

I mean, I can list off all the other random things I've done around the site. I've hosted tournaments, participated in discussions with Airmax and others about things going on and discussed solutions to them, and have been around and participated in a lot of major events.

But at the end of the day none of that actually really matters. Two things matter in being a good VP, from the way I see things: A desire to make a positive change to the site, and the belief of your president. Both of which I have.

Superb answer :-) I was expecting a brag sheet- with your hair as #1 ;)

In the past young adults and adolescents have expressed interest in running for President. What is your advice to them, and do you believe age is a factor that should be considered when electing a President?

For the people who are actually interested in running, I would recommend that they wait and just watch. Talk to Airmax or Ore_Ele or Bladerunner about the responsibilities of a president and the burdens that they need to take on and take on seriously in order to be a good president. As much as people enjoy ridiculing the presidency as a pointless position, it isn't something that you can just laugh off and not take seriously without it devolving into something similar to Mikal's presidency.

Age is a factor only because the real primary factor to successfully running for office is maturity and respect in the community. Older members typically have both more often than younger members.

Hear that Rev??!!

Due to prolific comments and jabs at your Suffering cases in debates, do you believe there will be a prevalence of "anti-Zaradi" votes to induce your suffering?

I think there will be a grand total of one "anti-Zaradi" vote to try to increase my suffering (I'm looking at you, Joey).

If elected as VP, are you going to tamper with your hair in any way?

No, I have no plans to tamper with my hair.

I think you need to strip to prove to us why we should vote for you. Pics or you don"t exist, and we can"t have a robot as VP.

I mean, I'm nothing special, but if you insist. http://stream1.gifsoup.com...

Understood. VTL Zaradi!
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 2:07:18 PM
Finally, let"s see what the Chief of Staff, Blackvoid has to say"

"What has been the pivotal point for you staying on DDO for so many years, and running now?"

I've stayed on DDO for over 4 years because of the people. I've never seen an online community that has such a huge diversity of personalities. You've got confident people, modest people, outgoing people, reserved people, funny people, serious people, cool people, practical people, imaginative people, aggressive people, calm people, and the list goes on. Name a personality trait and someone on here has it. Everyone here is so different, except for Airmax and Bladerunner, who are obviously the product of human cloning trial runs. The amount of different personalities we have running around here is actually pretty fascinating.

As for why I'm running, its because I have a massive amount of respect for Bsh and Zaradi, and think that the three of us could do some awesome things.

"What made you accept the offer to be a part of this particular party?"

I was actually somewhat surprised when I got the COS offer. I knew that there was a high level of mutual respect between me and Bsh, but didn't realize the full extent of it. I did end up accepting because him and Zaradi are two people that I get along very well with and will have no problem working with them. I'm also confident enough in myself to believe that any ideas, suggestions, or advice I have on the actions of the administration will be positive contributions, which is important, as the role of COS is mostly advisory.

"Do you believe your desire to be a part of an elected campaign has anything to do with your Hogwarts House being Slytherin? "

LOL. I still laugh at how I got Slytherin.

But hmm...if you think about it, Slytherins really wouldn't be the ones who would want to run for office themselves. They would be the more cunning, subtle ones who were secretly spies in the administration and trying to undermine it from within. Or worse, they would be the ones who try to assassinate the president, and then take over the role by default.

Now, I'm not saying that me being a Slytherin implies that I'm going to attempt an assassination. All I'm saying is that Bsh may wanna be a little careful next time he's walking near a flight of stairs....

"If you could change one thing about DDO, what would it be?"

Bsh has ideas for improving voting standards. Thats a good place to start. Feature-wise, I really, really want tags.

"What do you believe is your party"s weakest aspect?"

A couple planks of the platform have yet to be defined on specifically how we want to enact them. For instance, we do know that we would like Big Issue updates, but haven't worked out what specifically we want added and substracted. We also know we want to promote fanfiction, but are still in the developmental/discussion phase on how exactly we can do this.

Obviously, while its something to work on, its not a huge cause for concern. Bsh legitimately wants to improve the community, especially the fan fic aspect. I'll be with him all the way on this because as I was judging in the Fan Fic Awards, I realized how cool they are. We'll find a way to do it.

"What ideas do you have to encourage new members to stay on DDO, since the initial idea of a Beginner"s tournament has not made a profound impact on new members yet?"

I think Bsh would strongly disagree that it hasn't had a profound impact.

*Yet, in terms of encouraging them to stay. Most members who take part are already members of DDO.

The last plank of the Community Building aspect of the platform is a good start. Improvements to voting quality would also be useful, as new members would find it really interesting to see several people giving them extremely high-quality feedback on their debates.

This requires Juggle's cooperation, but I wouldn't be opposed to a subforum specifically for new member introductions. Several other forums have this, where there's an entire page of threads filled with new members introducing themselves, and they get several replies from current users welcoming them. Here's an example of what it looks like from a different forum: http://testyourmight.com......

I think this is a better system than what we have now with the single "new users read me thread.

"A good deal of members believe that the Presidential elections are just a popularity competition. To what extent do you agree with this, and what do you believe is, or should be, the main function of the DDO elections?"

Disagree. If Juggle ever comes back, the president is who they'll talk to. So you need to elect someone who you know has a strong diplomatic side. Not just someone who's popular.

The role of the elections relates to the role of the president - to be a centralized voice, both to Juggle and to the community.

"Do you still believe that watching Pretty Little Liars makes you a bad@ss? If so, does DDO need to finally have a bad@ss party in charge, and what would be the advantages of that? [Sources: http://www.debate.org...]"

Lol, who is giving you these posts from two years ago that you keep getting?

I may or may not have gone through your profile and forum posts...
Bsh chose his first interviewer well...
Have you not heard several people think I'm a stalker? o.O

Yes, the fact that Thett likes Pretty Little Liars and I like Gossip Girl is still bada$$. Why? Because me and Thett are bada$$es, and therefore, anything we like becomes bada$$ as well.

Thanks!

No problem whatsoever! It was my honour to do this guys!

-==0==-

TL DR: Vote Vox :P
jk

I think this is a great team to vote for in the upcoming elections, and no- I'm not just saying that because Zaradi is se- *ahem* cu- *ahem* intelligent. >.>
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 2:07:48 PM
el fin
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 2:09:22 PM
===EDIT===

Did you really accept bsh"s advance because of the above reasons, or was it because you truly wanted to work alongside him to determine your sexual orientation?

Hahaha no. As much as I know Bsh finds my looks cute ;) he's YYW's. No need to ruin a good thing.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 2:14:46 PM
lol
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 7:47:21 PM
At 5/20/2015 2:09:22 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
===EDIT===

Zaradi could join us for a threesome. My money is on him being a bottom, though.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 7:48:20 PM
At 5/20/2015 7:47:21 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/20/2015 2:09:22 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
===EDIT===

Zaradi could join us for a threesome. My money is on him being a bottom, though.

That's so hawt omg
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 8:36:41 PM
At 5/20/2015 8:34:06 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/20/2015 8:30:15 PM, YYW wrote:
*sees that Zaradi has not responded to my provocative comment*
*waits*
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 8:43:21 PM
At 5/20/2015 8:36:41 PM, YYW wrote:
*waits*
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 8:46:13 PM
Hey annie, is there any chance we could do a live interview? That would be fun! ^_^
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 9:23:47 PM
At 5/20/2015 8:43:21 PM, YYW wrote:
*waits*
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 9:28:59 PM
At 5/20/2015 8:46:13 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Hey annie, is there any chance we could do a live interview? That would be fun! ^_^

It'd have to be next week, or the following week, during the day.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 9:42:44 PM
At 5/20/2015 9:28:59 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Oh, okay. Just let me know if/when you get the time.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 9:43:55 PM
At 5/20/2015 9:42:44 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 5/20/2015 9:28:59 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Oh, okay. Just let me know if/when you get the time.

Will do.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 9:53:27 PM
LMFAO...This was priceless.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 9:56:21 PM
At 5/20/2015 9:23:47 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/20/2015 8:43:21 PM, YYW wrote:
*waits*

I fail to understand why this is provocative. Zaradi loves being the bottom in my harem.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 10:44:01 PM
Lol. I love how lighthearted Annie makes these.

The link didnt paste properly in this interview, but here's an example of the new member subforum I envision. http://testyourmight.com...

Although it would have to be combined with other things to make a substantial impact.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 10:45:23 PM
At 5/20/2015 10:44:01 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Lol. I love how lighthearted Annie makes these.

Me too.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 11:56:19 PM
At 5/20/2015 11:55:12 PM, Zaradi wrote:
I wonder if YYW ever realized I was screwing with him :P

You shouldn't be screwing with anyone else but me, you b1tch.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 11:58:39 PM
Yup, I'm the Monica Lewinsky of this election - appearing in due time to increase Matt's suffering tenfold.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 4:14:13 PM

Ummm...poor word choice, lol...#Gay
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 4:23:50 PM
At 5/21/2015 4:14:13 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Ummm...poor word choice, lol...#Gay

Rofl...