Jump to topic:

Interview with bsh1 and Zaradi

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 9:13:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
When bsh1, Zaradi and BlackVoid first announced their DDO presidency campaign, I expressed interest in doing an interview with bsh1 and Zaradi (president and vice president). After conducting the interview, bsh1 asked me to post it in the forums, so here it is. These are the questions, and these are their answers.

1.How do you plan to solve any problems that might arise with the Church of NAC (or other groups that have potential for spamming/trolling)?

bsh1: "Hopefully, no problems would arise from the Church of NAC. Currently, I don't see a ton of problems with them. I think there is a risk that they could spam beyond the realm of acceptability; in that case, it is more in the jurisdiction of the mods than in the president's. What I would say, is that I would be willing to arbitrate if any such issues arose, but I don't see anything coming up that would fall in my purview."

2.How do you plan to increase the amount of serious and thoughtful debates/users and decrease the amount of trolls?

bsh1: "I think improving a lot of site issues will help with member retention. For instance, improving voting, fixing site bugs, etc. I think promoting events that engage people on the site in a positive way (e.g. fan fics, DDO Jeopardy!, mafia, etc.) will also help get people involved. Working on mentoring and on providing user guides will also help members improve. As for trolls, I don't think there is much I can do, as, again, that falls more under the mod's purview. What I could do--running people off the site--is something I am categorically unwilling to do. I think running people off the site is unbecoming of a community leader and wholly inappropriate as regards respect for freedom of expression. I would leave the trolls to the moderators, then."

3.If you had the power to change three things on DDO what would you change?

Zaradi: "These are probably going to sound really idealistic, but maybe idealism is what we need to strive for a better site. *shrug*

For one, I would change the nature of people to be a little more light-hearted, easier with jest and joking. There's too much drama on this site, too much fighting and bickering over small, insignificant things. The greatest thing about this site is we're a community of friends -- nah, family is more like it. We look after one another, care for one another when we're hurt. We celebrate the good times and work past the bad ones. And no one likes it when family is fighting family.

For two, I would change our relationship with Juggle to be something better than it is now. The way things are right now people look down on talks of changing the site, making improvements in the way the site works, just mellowing in the way things are. I wish the site was more willing to dream, more willing to plan for the optimism, rather than complacent with the realism. I wish we could be a society of people thinking of ways to make things better, not a society of people who say why things won't change.

And for three, daily Nietzsche threads xD kidding. But the more I think about it, the tags idea is so nice sounding..."

4.If you could start your DDO career over, what would you do differently?

"Man, you're really asking me to think back three years?

Honestly? I'm not sure I would do anything differently. Maybe gotten into a few less fights. Trolled a few less people? But I look back at all the memories and all the things I've done on the site, and I really haven't regretted a thing."

5.What makes you stand out from other presidential candidates in this race? (I am aware there are few, if any at the moment.)

Zaradi: "Like I said in our interview with Annie, it's the people on our ticket and their ties to the community. We're all very well respected members, trusted as hard workers and great people with a lot of heart to the community. It's vital for any presidential ticket to honestly and earnestly want to do better for the site. I believe we have that in truck-loads."

6.What are the three most important skills that you think you can bring to this site?

Zaradi: "First, I really, really care about this site. This gives me the willingness and determination to do anything required of me to make this site into a better place for everything and anything. Second, I'm a great listener. I'm open minded to everyone's opinions, and I'm willing to listen to anyone's ideas and consider that idea for the merit of the idea, not based on the person who put forth the idea. Third, and to put this one as bluntly as possible for clarity and comedic effect, I do crazy sh*t. Seriously, have you read some of my debates? I'm willing to look at any unorthodox methods for potential ideal solutions."

7.How do you perform under extreme pressure?

bsh1: "When under pressure, I tend to perform better. Pressure helps me to focus and to get things done. It may sound counter-intuitive, but it's true."

8. If you could rank all of the past presidents of the site (to your knowledge), who would be number 1, and why would you choose him/her?

"I don't really think it's okay to rank people like that. I think nearly every president has contributed to the site in some way, and we should recognize their positive efforts at building the site, and not make judgments as to who was better and who was worse."

After the interview, I discovered that bsh1 and Zaradi are passionate, intelligent, devoted, humorous and fun. They have everything that we could ever hope for in a president and vice president.

For more information on their campaign, visit;
http://www.debate.org...
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2015 9:38:53 PM
At 5/22/2015 9:13:35 PM, Hayd wrote:
When bsh1, Zaradi and BlackVoid first announced their DDO presidency campaign, I expressed interest in doing an interview with bsh1 and Zaradi (president and vice president). After conducting the interview, bsh1 asked me to post it in the forums, so here it is. These are the questions, and these are their answers.

1.How do you plan to solve any problems that might arise with the Church of NAC (or other groups that have potential for spamming/trolling)?

bsh1: "Hopefully, no problems would arise from the Church of NAC. Currently, I don't see a ton of problems with them. I think there is a risk that they could spam beyond the realm of acceptability; in that case, it is more in the jurisdiction of the mods than in the president's. What I would say, is that I would be willing to arbitrate if any such issues arose, but I don't see anything coming up that would fall in my purview."

2.How do you plan to increase the amount of serious and thoughtful debates/users and decrease the amount of trolls?

bsh1: "I think improving a lot of site issues will help with member retention. For instance, improving voting, fixing site bugs, etc. I think promoting events that engage people on the site in a positive way (e.g. fan fics, DDO Jeopardy!, mafia, etc.) will also help get people involved. Working on mentoring and on providing user guides will also help members improve. As for trolls, I don't think there is much I can do, as, again, that falls more under the mod's purview. What I could do--running people off the site--is something I am categorically unwilling to do. I think running people off the site is unbecoming of a community leader and wholly inappropriate as regards respect for freedom of expression. I would leave the trolls to the moderators, then."

3.If you had the power to change three things on DDO what would you change?

Zaradi: "These are probably going to sound really idealistic, but maybe idealism is what we need to strive for a better site. *shrug*

For one, I would change the nature of people to be a little more light-hearted, easier with jest and joking. There's too much drama on this site, too much fighting and bickering over small, insignificant things. The greatest thing about this site is we're a community of friends -- nah, family is more like it. We look after one another, care for one another when we're hurt. We celebrate the good times and work past the bad ones. And no one likes it when family is fighting family.

For two, I would change our relationship with Juggle to be something better than it is now. The way things are right now people look down on talks of changing the site, making improvements in the way the site works, just mellowing in the way things are. I wish the site was more willing to dream, more willing to plan for the optimism, rather than complacent with the realism. I wish we could be a society of people thinking of ways to make things better, not a society of people who say why things won't change.

And for three, daily Nietzsche threads xD kidding. But the more I think about it, the tags idea is so nice sounding..."

4.If you could start your DDO career over, what would you do differently?

"Man, you're really asking me to think back three years?

Honestly? I'm not sure I would do anything differently. Maybe gotten into a few less fights. Trolled a few less people? But I look back at all the memories and all the things I've done on the site, and I really haven't regretted a thing."

5.What makes you stand out from other presidential candidates in this race? (I am aware there are few, if any at the moment.)

Zaradi: "Like I said in our interview with Annie, it's the people on our ticket and their ties to the community. We're all very well respected members, trusted as hard workers and great people with a lot of heart to the community. It's vital for any presidential ticket to honestly and earnestly want to do better for the site. I believe we have that in truck-loads."

6.What are the three most important skills that you think you can bring to this site?

Zaradi: "First, I really, really care about this site. This gives me the willingness and determination to do anything required of me to make this site into a better place for everything and anything. Second, I'm a great listener. I'm open minded to everyone's opinions, and I'm willing to listen to anyone's ideas and consider that idea for the merit of the idea, not based on the person who put forth the idea. Third, and to put this one as bluntly as possible for clarity and comedic effect, I do crazy sh*t. Seriously, have you read some of my debates? I'm willing to look at any unorthodox methods for potential ideal solutions."

7.How do you perform under extreme pressure?

bsh1: "When under pressure, I tend to perform better. Pressure helps me to focus and to get things done. It may sound counter-intuitive, but it's true."

8. If you could rank all of the past presidents of the site (to your knowledge), who would be number 1, and why would you choose him/her?

"I don't really think it's okay to rank people like that. I think nearly every president has contributed to the site in some way, and we should recognize their positive efforts at building the site, and not make judgments as to who was better and who was worse."

After the interview, I discovered that bsh1 and Zaradi are passionate, intelligent, devoted, humorous and fun. They have everything that we could ever hope for in a president and vice president.

For more information on their campaign, visit;
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2015 9:35:33 AM
At 5/22/2015 11:17:29 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 5/22/2015 10:10:00 PM, RevNge wrote:
Both of them hate meh

Clearly >.>

y u hate meh
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 9:43:11 PM
At 5/22/2015 9:32:39 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Was a fun interview!

This.

Even if bsh did take all the easy question ;P

Lol...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...