Jump to topic:

The Mobile Update

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 12:29:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
As you are all aware, the mobile update has been anything but smooth. Juggle has stated that the update was forced upon them by Google. While Google has changed the way they rank sites in their searches, the update was not directly forced. And with how no other sites seem to have the same effects, it is clear that the issues are not with the Google requirements but with Juggle not caring enough to get it done right for the users.

When the update first came out, Bluesteel tracked done the Google complaint website and recommended that we just bypass Juggle and go right to Google to complain. I took the opposite approach and reached out to Juggle to try to get this all sorted out and fixed.

Originally, Juggle seemed responsive and eager to improve the issues. They said they would have an update out within a day or two. This was back in April. However, they kept saying that other things turned up and we kept getting pushed back. Then they stopped responding all together. At this point, I am saying, Bluesteel is right. Juggle will not listen to us, plain and simple. I didn't really mind when they simply did nothing, but now they are harming the site with their corner cutting updates.

To those that believe Juggle will eventually change, give up hope. The bugs and glitches that this update brought are not going away. You can either live with it, or move on. I've reported Juggle to Google and will be closing my account. I don't really plan on going anywhere and maybe someday I'll come back.

Until we meet again.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 12:41:42 AM
Oh dear...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 12:42:57 AM
At 5/24/2015 12:29:02 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
As you are all aware, the mobile update has been anything but smooth. Juggle has stated that the update was forced upon them by Google. While Google has changed the way they rank sites in their searches, the update was not directly forced. And with how no other sites seem to have the same effects, it is clear that the issues are not with the Google requirements but with Juggle not caring enough to get it done right for the users.

When the update first came out, Bluesteel tracked done the Google complaint website and recommended that we just bypass Juggle and go right to Google to complain. I took the opposite approach and reached out to Juggle to try to get this all sorted out and fixed.

Originally, Juggle seemed responsive and eager to improve the issues. They said they would have an update out within a day or two. This was back in April. However, they kept saying that other things turned up and we kept getting pushed back. Then they stopped responding all together. At this point, I am saying, Bluesteel is right. Juggle will not listen to us, plain and simple. I didn't really mind when they simply did nothing, but now they are harming the site with their corner cutting updates.

To those that believe Juggle will eventually change, give up hope. The bugs and glitches that this update brought are not going away. You can either live with it, or move on. I've reported Juggle to Google and will be closing my account. I don't really plan on going anywhere and maybe someday I'll come back.

Until we meet again.

RIP.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 12:45:51 AM
kfc
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 12:51:01 AM
EMERGENCY ELECTION. I would like to elect myself as the Supreme and Benevolent leader for life. Out with the old, in with the new. Long live the Empress.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 12:53:18 AM
At 5/24/2015 12:51:01 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
EMERGENCY ELECTION. I would like to elect myself as the Supreme and Benevolent leader for life. Out with the old, in with the new. Long live the Empress.

This is you:
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 12:53:57 AM
At 5/24/2015 12:53:18 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 5/24/2015 12:51:01 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

This is you:

That sums it up just right.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 12:56:16 AM

Until we meet again.

You were right. This is a major announcement... and a particularly sad one at that.

We will remember you, Ore_Ele. Your legacy on DDO cannot be overstated. The elo system, your presidency, how you have contributed positively to our community...

I do not feel this cannot be changed, however. Can we make a Change.org petition? I am not good enough with words, but can a member here draft an appeal to change this? I will advertise it to Opinions and Polls regulars who are also unhappy about the recent site updates.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 12:56:58 AM
we never had our debate on how to property spell our shared name :(
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 12:57:07 AM
By the way everyone, report the SEO abuse here: https://support.google.com...

Use a profile link because the main page gets past the violation.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 12:59:02 AM
At 5/24/2015 12:56:58 AM, thett3 wrote:
we never had our debate on how to properly spell our shared name :(

fixed.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 1:20:34 AM
This is really unfortunate. I hope you'll still pop into Hangouts every so often.

As for the mobile update, I've reported Juggle as well. If there is any good to come of this, then I hope that my report helps.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 1:48:35 AM
Do you use the site mostly through your phone? Because otherwise, I don't get how this is a reason to quit the site. Juggle's lack of involvement has been going on for years.

But whatever. Good luck in whatever you plan on doing after this.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 2:01:11 AM

Until we meet again.

That's a real shame -- I sincerely mean that. Your heart must be very heavy from seeing a site that you've contributed a lot to stagnate this way. Maybe there will be a policy change in the future, wherein they decide to put more money into this. But I am sorry to hear that your requests were treated like that.

Larztheloser might eventuate as Larzthewinner, as more and more people populate his, in my opinion, better site. I think it's largely the fact that people don't want to lose their stats that prevents them from switching. But if Juggle continue to ignore, I can't imagine people will stay here forever.

Anyway, all the best, Ore_Ele.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 2:04:01 AM
My response: Ad Block on
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 2:17:14 AM
Honestly, if there was a coordinated exodus to EDb8, I would join. There's never going to be one, though. People are too attached to this site.

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 2:20:16 AM
At 5/24/2015 2:17:14 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
Honestly, if there was a coordinated exodus to EDb8, I would join. There's never going to be one, though. People are too attached to this site.

Why?
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 2:21:46 AM
At 5/24/2015 2:20:16 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Why?

Because Juggle does not give a damn about the site anymore and Edb8 is technologically superior in almost every way.

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 2:22:58 AM
At 5/24/2015 2:21:46 AM, ShabShoral wrote:

Why?

Because Juggle does not give a damn about the site anymore and Edb8 is technologically superior in almost every way.
I meant why are they so attached?
Can't those same things be converted to Edeb8?

Heck, we could all get up and leave tonight.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 2:24:35 AM
At 5/24/2015 2:22:58 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Why?

I have no clue why they're so attached.

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 2:38:12 AM
At 5/24/2015 2:24:35 AM, ShabShoral wrote:

Why?

It's the established community and pre-existing bonds. Edeb8 doesn't have that. I see, maybe, three or four members who post consistently on those forums and that's about it. Perhaps it's just because I haven't really immersed myself there, but at face-value it's nowhere near DDO community-wise. Here there is truly a vast diversification of various opinions, as well as a multitude of people to build relationships with.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 3:09:27 AM
At 5/24/2015 2:38:12 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Why?

It's the established community and pre-existing bonds. Edeb8 doesn't have that. I see, maybe, three or four members who post consistently on those forums and that's about it. Perhaps it's just because I haven't really immersed myself there, but at face-value it's nowhere near DDO community-wise. Here there is truly a vast diversification of various opinions, as well as a multitude of people to build relationships with.

That's why I said I would only leave if there was a coordinated exodus with everyone from DDO going to Edb8. If everyone that made this site great went there, Edb8 would be just as good.

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 3:15:06 AM
Juggle is a bloody company. What did you all expect?

They want to earn money as little effort as possible.

Btw, the mobile update isn't bothering much because for some reason I didn't get it in my tablet, lol.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 4:04:25 AM
At 5/24/2015 3:15:06 AM, XLAV wrote:

Which will completely fail if people abandon the site. #LaissezFaire
Btw, the mobile update isn't bothering much because for some reason I didn't get it in my tablet, lol.

Your tablet has a large screen.

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 4:30:41 AM
At 5/24/2015 3:15:06 AM, XLAV wrote:

Reduce the size of your window. The only thing that's responsive about Juggle at the moment is the website design.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist that.)
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 8:13:51 AM
Once upon a time, Juggle didn't care about this site. We still had "President George W. Bush" as a big issue in 2012. But then, they updated the big issues, and released a number of large, well-designed upgrades (for example, you used to didn't get notifications when someone responded to one of your forum posts; you had to check it manually). The updates Juggle did were also well-received.

Juggle didn't do a whole lot new with DDO after the massive site upgrade in July 2013 where they changed the whole look of the site. Nothing's been changed since then, save maybe a few small things. And we were fine with that, because we saw no big problems with the site.

But now, Juggle has caved to Google's pressure. It has released an upgrade which doesn't benefit us, and in fact makes it harder for us to use the website. So, I have a person message for Juggle:

I understand why you did this upgrade. You are a company, and this website is supposed to generate money for you. The mobile upgrade would help deal with Google changing its mobile search algorithm. However, put some f*cking thought into how you design the upgrade. It helps no one when you make the site worse. You need to get off your lazy asses and fix this, because you're losing valuable members in the DDO/Juggle interface.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 9:01:19 AM
Nooooooooooo

=(
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 9:40:36 AM
At 5/24/2015 2:38:12 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Why?

Not to mention people like Larz and nzlocke actively discourage that, looking down on social interactions and community and wanting everyone to just debate, debate, debate. That's why DDO is and will always be the superior site.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 10:37:21 AM
This is really good what Orelee and bluesteel did, bravo to them. I agree, I and many other people I hope will go and report Juggle to Google.

I've been wanting to say this for a long time now, and I believe the time is ripe:
Fvck you Juggle
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 12:00:27 PM
At 5/24/2015 10:37:21 AM, Hayd wrote:
This is really good what Orelee and bluesteel did, bravo to them. I agree, I and many other people I hope will go and report Juggle to Google.

I've been wanting to say this for a long time now, and I believe the time is ripe:
Fvck you Juggle

This pretty much summarizes my thoughts as well.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah