Jump to topic:

Presidency

debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 1:13:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Ore's announcement to leave the website was a suprise to all members, including myself. Juggles unresponsiveness to the needs of DDO has been a continual problem, and it has only gotten worse through the mobile update.

As most of you know, throughout the past month, Ore has been contacting Juggle and trying to work with them to try fix the problems caused by the mobile update. Since Juggle is no longer responsive, Ore has decided to leave the site.

This means that I am now the president of this website and will continue to be for a little under a month. During this month, my goal will be to try come into contact with Juggle, or at least provide the user base with more information on the status of Juggle's involvement with DDO.

Any thoughts or concerns?
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 1:14:03 AM
At 5/24/2015 1:13:08 AM, debatability wrote:
Ore's announcement to leave the website was a suprise to all members, including myself. Juggles unresponsiveness to the needs of DDO has been a continual problem, and it has only gotten worse through the mobile update.

As most of you know, throughout the past month, Ore has been contacting Juggle and trying to work with them to try fix the problems caused by the mobile update. Since Juggle is no longer responsive, Ore has decided to leave the site.

This means that I am now the president of this website and will continue to be for a little under a month. During this month, my goal will be to try come into contact with Juggle, or at least provide the user base with more information on the status of Juggle's involvement with DDO.

We are now your subjects. Treat us well.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 3:24:34 AM
BUT he was our guru in the beginners mafia (or evil scum. not sure)! This is a disaster. :(

Fvck the mobile updates. Who cares if there's a notification or not at the top of the screen or not? If people can't handle that kind of hardship, they really need to...do something...unrelated to this site.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 3:26:01 AM
At 5/24/2015 3:24:34 AM, Hoppi wrote:
BUT he was our guru in the beginners mafia (or evil scum. not sure)! This is a disaster. :(

Fvck the mobile updates. Who cares if there's a notification or not at the top of the screen or not? If people can't handle that kind of hardship, they really need to...do something...unrelated to this site.

I mean that people OTHER than ore_ele (who might be complaining) need to do something unrelated to the site.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 4:05:10 AM

I wish you the best of luck as President. =)
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 8:09:16 AM

good luck
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 11:02:36 AM

Can you ask Juggle to sell the site to someone who gives a sh*t?
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 11:07:38 AM
At 5/24/2015 3:24:34 AM, Hoppi wrote:

Oh it was much much much more than that, it was so bad to the point that it was hardly usable.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 11:49:49 AM
At 5/24/2015 11:18:39 AM, 8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA wrote:
At 5/24/2015 1:57:34 AM, Cermank wrote:
first woman president woot

Ore is female

So are Bluesteel and Thett.

And Esocial and Angelofdeath are obviously guys.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 12:12:56 PM
At 5/24/2015 11:49:49 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Ore is female

and i'm gender fluid. we've got people from all spectrums here
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 12:13:56 PM

Ore is female

Obviously.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 12:20:42 PM
Congratulations, Debatability.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 12:21:06 PM
At 5/24/2015 12:12:56 PM, Cermank wrote:

Ore is female

and i'm gender fluid. we've got people from all spectrums here

I just had to google "gender fluid," lollol. I hadn't any idea that even existed..

DDO's Economics Messiah
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 12:22:31 PM
At 5/24/2015 1:19:28 AM, YYW wrote:
The end is near.

Yeah, there's really no way this ends well.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 12:36:26 PM

Can I be your VP, oh radiantly beautiful one?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 1:01:41 PM

Ore is female

I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean but alright.
hey b0ss ( V5;" V0;B2; V5;")
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 1:09:41 PM
At 5/24/2015 1:01:41 PM, 8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA wrote:

Ore is female

Were you serious in thinking that Ore is a girl?

I assumed that you were perpetuating a running joke amongst several members, though I wasn't privy to Ore himself being involved.

DDO's Economics Messiah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 1:11:32 PM
At 5/24/2015 1:09:41 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Ore is female

I assumed that you were perpetuating a running joke amongst several members, though I wasn't privy to Ore himself being involved.

I don't know what you mean but Ore_Ele has selected 'female' as their profile gender. This means either they want to be known as a female or they are one on top of that. Either way you have no right to expose something about someone's real life identity that they do not wish to be exposed as per terms of use of debate.org.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 1:15:24 PM

Ore is female

See the post above. Way to be a dick.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 1:17:25 PM
At 5/24/2015 1:11:32 PM, 8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA wrote:

Oh my goodness, you're actually serious, lol. This is priceless.

I don't know what you mean but Ore_Ele has selected 'female' as their profile gender. This means either they want to be known as a female or they are one on top of that.

No, it doesn't at all. A few years back several members had a "gender swap" day where they, in jest, changed their listed gender to the opposite of what they were (though obviously that assumes a binary system, which I don't buy, though I presume it wasn't an issue). That's why Thett3 is listed as a girl, and I believe the same is true for Bluesteel - though I think Thett enjoys the attention. I wasn't aware that Ore was involved in this, though if that were the case, he's doing it for similar reasons to Thett and Bluesteel. It's a *joke.* You ought not opine on that which you're ignorant of, because it only makes you look utterly ridiculous.

Either way you have no right to expose something about someone's real life identity that they do not wish to be exposed as per terms of use of debate.org.

Now you're doing nothing more than exposing your own ignorance. It's actually rather silly that you know so little, yet feel a right to opine as though you do.

I'm not exposing anything about Ore's life, Thett's life, Bluesteel's life, or anyone else's life that isn't already widely known. Anyone who isn't (a) a new member or (b) oblivious knows that this is a running joke. Ore has done video interviews and turned his camera and spoke during google hangouts: we know he's a guy. Heck, I've seen him talk about being a dad. This isn't some profound secret, that you think it is says a lot more about you than it does about Ore.

tl;dr: If you don't know something, don't project your own ignorance onto others. Acknowledge that other people may be better suited to certain things than you, and learn your place.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 1:20:13 PM
At 5/24/2015 1:15:24 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

Ore is female

See the post above. Way to be a dick.

Lol.

Whether or not I'm a d1ck (how is it not censored for you, but it is for me?) is an open question, though that nevertheless *does not * grant this fellow with the astoundingly long name the ability to opine out of ignorance. That he's ignorant is one thing: everyone is ignorant about something; but not only is asserting that which isn't true to be true a grand way to make yourself look foolish, but daring to pontificate on that which you don't understand is a really easy way to evoke resentment. Hopefully this fellow learns that.

DDO's Economics Messiah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 1:22:24 PM
At 5/24/2015 1:17:25 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

tl;dr: If you don't know something, don't project your own ignorance onto others. Acknowledge that other people may be better suited to certain things than you, and learn your place.

What is my place? Are we not equal citizens of DDO?
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 1:26:29 PM
At 5/24/2015 1:22:24 PM, 8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA wrote:
At 5/24/2015 1:17:25 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

What is my place? Are we not equal citizens of DDO?

Equal citizens, perhaps (and I never suggested otherwise), though nevertheless that doesn't grant you - or anyone - the ability to say whatever you want, when you want, with whatever veil of authority you want without being called out for it. You were obviously wrong, which is fine: people make mistakes. But own up to it. Don't insinuate that I'm exposing some profound, sensitive information about Ore by pointing out what everyone else already knows.

I should also clarify that "equal citizens" doesn't translate to "equal talents." We're equal in the eyes of the law, surely - and, in this case, that means that for equal offenses we'll incur equal punishments, and rightfully so - but we *do not* have equal information, equal abilities, equal talents. "Learn your place" refers to those aforementioned, rather than to our relative positions with respect to authority.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 1:29:35 PM
At 5/24/2015 1:26:29 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Don't insinuate that I'm exposing some profound, sensitive information about Ore by pointing out what everyone else already knows.
"Learn your place" refers to those aforementioned, rather than to our relative positions with respect to authority.

He didn't know. Chill.

He didn't mean to say you were doxxing Ore, or whatever, because he wasn't aware.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 1:32:33 PM
At 5/24/2015 1:29:35 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
He didn't know. Chill.

I'm fully aware that he didn't, which is precisely the reason he's uniquely unqualified to voice - or, for this matter, *assert* - that which he thinks he knows to be true, but that isn't in fact true.

He didn't mean to say you were doxxing Ore, or whatever, because he wasn't aware.

He said I was revealing sensitive information about Ore that he, forever reason, didn't want the website to know. I need not have retrieved that information via doxxing, though I nevertheless - if his story were to pan out - would have received it ether by some investigative method or in confidence, and I would've been wrong in posting it. That is clearly far from the case, because everyone knows that Ore is a guy. You don't even need to have seen him talk, as you and I obviously have, to know this. Again, ignorance is not an excuse. Let's not confuse who began this altercation, Annie, and I assure you it wasn't me.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 1:39:30 PM
At 5/24/2015 1:32:33 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
He didn't know. Chill.

I'm fully aware that he didn't, which is precisely the reason he's uniquely unqualified to voice - or, for this matter, *assert* - that which he thinks he knows to be true, but that isn't in fact true.

How could he not assert his wrong statement, if he wasn't aware he was wrong?

O.O

He said I was revealing sensitive information about Ore that he, forever reason, didn't want the website to know.
I need not have retrieved that information via doxxing, though I nevertheless - if his story were to pan out - would have received it ether by some investigative method or in confidence, and I would've been wrong in posting it.
The noob didn't know Ore didn't want others to know of hi gender.

That is clearly far from the case, because everyone knows that Ore is a guy.
Not noobs.

You don't even need to have seen him talk, as you and I obviously have, to know this. Not really... if you don't read his posts, you mightn't not know.

Again, ignorance is not an excuse.

He thought you were revealing personal info. T'was a misunderstanding. *shrugs*

Let's not confuse who began this altercation, Annie, and I assure you it wasn't me.
Not an altercation- a misunderstanding.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2015 1:46:54 PM
At 5/24/2015 1:32:33 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
He didn't know. Chill.

He said I was revealing sensitive information about Ore that he, forever reason, didn't want the website to know. I need not have retrieved that information via doxxing, though I nevertheless - if his story were to pan out - would have received it ether by some investigative method or in confidence, and I would've been wrong in posting it. That is clearly far from the case, because everyone knows that Ore is a guy. You don't even need to have seen him talk, as you and I obviously have, to know this. Again, ignorance is not an excuse. Let's not confuse who began this altercation, Annie, and I assure you it wasn't me.

I'm going to have to agree with seventh here, you are kind of being a dick.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...