The newests fad: TSFDDOIOAIBWDIOPIMDSACPPAE

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 1:14:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
TSFDDOIOAIBWDIOPIMDSACPPAE.

The Society For DDO Intellectuals Of An Intellectual Bent Who Discuss Issues Of Prominence In Modern Day Society And Contemporary Philosophy, Politics, And Economics.

The annual "DDO is going down the drain" panic has arrived. In response, I'm initiating a new society, where every week or so I come up with an interesting thread and my fellow society members discuss the topic with me. What makes this different from an ordinary forum post? Nothing really, but it's just to provide an event to create quality incentives. I will choose a "best post" in each thread after it dies down, so that egos will be stroked and quality rewarded. Arbitrary rewards will be given.

Sign-ups:

ect
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 1:37:22 AM
At 5/25/2015 1:14:57 AM, thett3 wrote:

The annual "DDO is going down the drain" panic has arrived.

Is it really just an annual thing? In the four years that you and I have been on the site I think we can both safely say that every few months (if not more often) there's some kind of "DDO is decreasing in quality", "DDO used to be so much better", "DDO nostalgia" etc type of thing happening. That's not to opine on its accuracy or anything, just that it's not infrequent and certainly nothing new.

In any case, good luck with the TSFDDOIOAIBWDIOPIMDSACPPAE.
Debate.org Moderator
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 1:39:52 AM
At 5/25/2015 1:37:22 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Is it really just an annual thing? In the four years that you and I have been on the site I think we can both safely say that every few months (if not more often) there's some kind of "DDO is decreasing in quality", "DDO used to be so much better", "DDO nostalgia" etc type of thing happening. That's not to opine on its accuracy or anything, just that it's not infrequent and certainly nothing new.

Well, you have to admit that Ore_Ele leaving was quite the blow.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
kasmic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 1:40:16 AM

I do not recall a time where site quality tanking was not a current discussion. Tbh I do not think things are as bad as (we) make them out to be.
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 1:45:36 AM
At 5/25/2015 1:39:52 AM, philochristos wrote:

Ore did what he felt he had to do, and while I'm dissapointed by it, it's not uncommon for Ore to take a break from the site. Certainly the circumstances are unfortunate and I do hope that he will return in the near future.
Debate.org Moderator
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 1:53:38 AM
At 5/25/2015 1:45:36 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Ore did what he felt he had to do, and while I'm dissapointed by it, it's not uncommon for Ore to take a break from the site. Certainly the circumstances are unfortunate and I do hope that he will return in the near future.

*disappointed
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 1:56:41 AM
At 5/25/2015 1:53:38 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 5/25/2015 1:45:36 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

*disappointed

Well that's what I get for not proof reading my post... it happens
Debate.org Moderator
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 4:36:14 AM

The Society For DDO Intellectuals Of An Intellectual Bent Who Discuss Issues Of Prominence In Modern Day Society And Contemporary Philosophy, Politics, And Economics.

The annual "DDO is going down the drain" panic has arrived. In response, I'm initiating a new society, where every week or so I come up with an interesting thread and my fellow society members discuss the topic with me. What makes this different from an ordinary forum post? Nothing really, but it's just to provide an event to create quality incentives. I will choose a "best post" in each thread after it dies down, so that egos will be stroked and quality rewarded. Arbitrary rewards will be given.

Sign-ups:

ect

Is it mandatory to post? Also, if I don't sign up, am I allowed to post?
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:12:35 AM

Sign-ups:

1. Hayd

ect

Might as well...
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 11:39:30 AM
Eh. Why not? I was born before 2000 and I feel like having my ego stroked. Sign me up.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 12:44:47 PM
At 5/25/2015 11:39:30 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Eh. Why not? I was born before 2000 and I feel like having my ego stroked. Sign me up.

Why does the birth year matter?
hey b0ss ( V5;" V0;B2; V5;")
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 12:54:13 PM
At 5/25/2015 12:44:47 PM, 8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA wrote:
At 5/25/2015 11:39:30 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Why does the birth year matter?

He's making a joke--I often pretend to be contemptuous of a few friends on here who are really young and were born later than the 90's
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 1:01:44 PM
I made this as a joke cuz I thought it the acronym was funny and it's made somewhat redundant by Madame Presidents topic of the week...that being said, I like the idea of selecting a "best post" in each topic, and other awards. Maybe I'll talk to her about it
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 1:11:56 PM

Where did Ore state he was leaving?
Nolite Timere
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 1:22:44 PM
At 5/25/2015 1:11:56 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Where did Ore state he was leaving?

Here: http://www.debate.org...
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 2:18:16 PM

You know Max, thinking about this post raises a really good point. People decried the decline of the site *more frequently* in the past. I think that speaks for something at least. DDO isn't at its peak but it's far from dead or dying and it's been worse before
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 5:11:33 PM
At 5/25/2015 2:18:16 PM, thett3 wrote:

You know Max, thinking about this post raises a really good point. People decried the decline of the site *more frequently* in the past. I think that speaks for something at least. DDO isn't at its peak but it's far from dead or dying and it's been worse before

DDO is more of a social site now, which I would like to note I foresaw in a forum I made over a year ago.
Nolite Timere