Total Posts:55|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

DDO Pet Peeves

Varrack
Posts: 2,410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 2:45:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Here are my pet peeves about miscellaneous DDO things:

1. Posting a comment to someone's profile and they respond my commenting on their own profile.
2. Getting included in mass PM's.
3. Getting no votes on a debate.
4. People complaining about how DDO is going down the drain.
5. Debating someone who likes to copy/paste paragraphs of your own argument into theirs to make theirs look longer.
6. The poll filter.
7. The mobile version.
8. Posting a question to an open debate and then being challenged to that debate even though you didn't express interest in debating it.
9. People spelling my name "varak" like they're in first grade.
10. Being source spammed.

Add your own if you like :)
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 3:11:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 2:45:48 PM, Varrack wrote:
Here are my pet peeves about miscellaneous DDO things:

1. Posting a comment to someone's profile and they respond my commenting on their own profile.
And it's private
2. Getting included in mass PM's.
Jut click stop threads
3. Getting no votes on a debate.
4. People complaining about how DDO is going down the drain.
Yup
5. Debating someone who likes to copy/paste paragraphs of your own argument into theirs to make theirs look longer.
XD
6. The poll filter.
LOL #downwiththepolls
7. The mobile version.
YUP
8. Posting a question to an open debate and then being challenged to that debate even though you didn't express interest in debating it.
Nor rlly
9. People spelling my name "varak" like they're in first grade.
It's "ESocial," not "esocial" or "Esocial"
10. Being source spammed.
LOL #guilty

Add your own if you like :)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 3:46:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 2:45:48 PM, Varrack wrote:
Here are my pet peeves about miscellaneous DDO things:

1. Posting a comment to someone's profile and they respond my commenting on their own profile.

I know, like it's not all about their profile.

2. Getting included in mass PM's.

Same..depending on what's in the mass PM's ;S

3. Getting no votes on a debate.

Never happened to me.

4. People complaining about how DDO is going down the drain.

So you're complaining about complaining?

5. Debating someone who likes to copy/paste paragraphs of your own argument into theirs to make theirs look longer.

*guilty face*, at least I did this when I first joined.

6. The poll filter.

Hmmm.

7. The mobile version.

So predictable.

8. Posting a question to an open debate and then being challenged to that debate even though you didn't express interest in debating it.

Awww, they just want to be your fwend.

9. People spelling my name "varak" like they're in first grade.

ok varak.

10. Being source spammed.

Is it cuz theirs are better? ;)

Add your own if you like :)

The entire religion forum.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Varrack
Posts: 2,410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 3:58:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 3:11:21 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 5/25/2015 2:45:48 PM, Varrack wrote:
Here are my pet peeves about miscellaneous DDO things:

1. Posting a comment to someone's profile and they respond my commenting on their own profile.
And it's private

Hasn't happened yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

2. Getting included in mass PM's.
Jut click stop threads

I do. They're still annoying though

3. Getting no votes on a debate.
4. People complaining about how DDO is going down the drain.
Yup
5. Debating someone who likes to copy/paste paragraphs of your own argument into theirs to make theirs look longer.
XD
6. The poll filter.
LOL #downwiththepolls
7. The mobile version.
YUP
8. Posting a question to an open debate and then being challenged to that debate even though you didn't express interest in debating it.
Nor rlly

Has happened to me

9. People spelling my name "varak" like they're in first grade.
It's "ESocial," not "esocial" or "Esocial"

eSocial x)

10. Being source spammed.
LOL #guilty

Add your own if you like :)
Varrack
Posts: 2,410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 4:06:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 3:46:09 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 5/25/2015 2:45:48 PM, Varrack wrote:
Here are my pet peeves about miscellaneous DDO things:

1. Posting a comment to someone's profile and they respond my commenting on their own profile.

I know, like it's not all about thei profile.

Some people need to figure that out.

2. Getting included in mass PM's.

Same..depending on what's in the mass PM's ;S

Usually it's "vote on my debate" or "hi guys I'm back!". It's just attention mongering

3. Getting no votes on a debate.

Never happened to me.

Seriously? wow

4. People complaining about how DDO is going down the drain.

So you're complaining about complaining?

Yep

5. Debating someone who likes to copy/paste paragraphs of your own argument into theirs to make theirs look longer.

*guilty face*, at least I did this when I first joined.

It's annoying though. Check out my Israel debate, the guy I'm against overdid it in round 3

6. The poll filter.

Hmmm.

7. The mobile version.

So predictable.

8. Posting a question to an open debate and then being challenged to that debate even though you didn't express interest in debating it.

Awww, they just want to be your fwend.

No they're just desperate.

9. People spelling my name "varak" like they're in first grade.

ok varak.

just no

10. Being source spammed.

Is it cuz theirs are better? ;)

Cuz they have way too many sources..lol

Add your own if you like :)

The entire religion forum.

Most certainly.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 4:58:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 2:45:48 PM, Varrack wrote:
Here are my pet peeves about miscellaneous DDO things:

Here are some of mine:

1. The mobile version
2. People that agree with me
3. The mobile version
4. Debates that lack a 9th graders level of S&G. Capitalisation and apostrophes people, learn them.
5. Postponing your sleep by 2 hours by SIWOTI syndrome
6. The Dunning Kruger effect
7. The mobile version
8. People who approach with a pre-conceived conclusion, and look for evidence to support it (I guess that's all of debate).
9. People who generalise, especially those with self-righteous bigotry.
10. The laughable process by which a president gets elected - including the campaigning, platforms, and hype.
11. The Polls Section
12. The mobile update
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 5:04:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 2:45:48 PM, Varrack wrote:
Here are my pet peeves about miscellaneous DDO things:

1. Posting a comment to someone's profile and they respond my commenting on their own profile.
2. Getting included in mass PM's.
3. Getting no votes on a debate.
4. People complaining about how DDO is going down the drain.
5. Debating someone who likes to copy/paste paragraphs of your own argument into theirs to make theirs look longer.
6. The poll filter.
7. The mobile version.
8. Posting a question to an open debate and then being challenged to that debate even though you didn't express interest in debating it.
9. People spelling my name "varak" like they're in first grade.
10. Being source spammed.

Add your own if you like :)
I'd have to agree with most of these especially 3.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 5:09:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 4:58:28 PM, Envisage wrote:
1. The mobile version

I agree.

2. People that agree with me

I disagree with you.

3. The mobile version

Agree again.

4. Debates that lack a 9th graders level of S&G. Capitalisation and apostrophes people, learn them.

I like me some FREELO, though.

5. Postponing your sleep by 2 hours by SIWOTI syndrome

lol.

6. The Dunning Kruger effect

Never heard of it.

7. The mobile version

Yes.

8. People who approach with a pre-conceived conclusion, and look for evidence to support it (I guess that's all of debate).

Aw... confirmation bias. Yup, I hate this, though I'm guilty of it.

9. People who generalise, especially those with self-righteous bigotry.

*cough* religion forum *cough*

10. The laughable process by which a president gets elected - including the campaigning, platforms, and hype.

It's oddly formal, but I haven't much of an issue with it, mainly because I don't know of any viable alternatives.

11. The Polls Section

And opinions, and religion forum.

12. The mobile update

mhm.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Varrack
Posts: 2,410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 5:16:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 4:58:28 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 5/25/2015 2:45:48 PM, Varrack wrote:
Here are my pet peeves about miscellaneous DDO things:

Here are some of mine:

1. The mobile version
2. People that agree with me

Interesting

3. The mobile version
4. Debates that lack a 9th graders level of S&G. Capitalisation and apostrophes people, learn them.

Ikr. We've all taken an English class.

5. Postponing your sleep by 2 hours by SIWOTI syndrome

Lol!

6. The Dunning Kruger effect

Yep, pretty much

7. The mobile version
8. People who approach with a pre-conceived conclusion, and look for evidence to support it (I guess that's all of debate).

What's wrong with this?

9. People who generalise, especially those with self-righteous bigotry.

I've met these people..

10. The laughable process by which a president gets elected - including the campaigning, platforms, and hype.

Too much drama indeed.

11. The Polls Section
12. The mobile update
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 5:22:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
My Pet Peeves

1. That BOT and Ragnar schooled me on ELO/win-losses.
2. End-the-Fed'ers.
3. Day vigs (I used to love them until I became their primary target).
4. The religion forum.
5. Opining out of ignorance.
6. When Maikuru fails to properly blow sh1t wide open.
7. When Zaradi runs from his suffering K.
8. Zaradi in last night's hangout. Enough said.
9. When Endark dodged my not-so-subtle advances.
10. Polls/opinions (though PetersSmith has done a good job reviving the first).
11. The Bossyburrito effect: accepting an economics debate only to run NAP or other such nonsense.
12. High-school-esque drama.
13. That the entire member base is composed of Airmax multis.
14. When people assert that Pinkie Pie is *not* the best pony.
15. Oh yeah.. the mobile update.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 5:48:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 4:06:01 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 5/25/2015 3:46:09 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 5/25/2015 2:45:48 PM, Varrack wrote:
Here are my pet peeves about miscellaneous DDO things:

1. Posting a comment to someone's profile and they respond my commenting on their own profile.

I know, like it's not all about their profile.

Some people need to figure that out.

Totally.

2. Getting included in mass PM's.

Same..depending on what's in the mass PM's ;S

Usually it's "vote on my debate" or "hi guys I'm back!". It's just attention mongering

Or in Shields case: "I love heyfur_1213!"

That thread began in January and is *still* going on.

3. Getting no votes on a debate.

Never happened to me.

Seriously? wow

Seriously! My charming personality must attract.

4. People complaining about how DDO is going down the drain.

So you're complaining about complaining?

Yep


Mm.

5. Debating someone who likes to copy/paste paragraphs of your own argument into theirs to make theirs look longer.

*guilty face*, at least I did this when I first joined.

It's annoying though. Check out my Israel debate, the guy I'm against overdid it in round 3

I've seen--it's a little more than copying previous arguments, he's included half of the Internet.

6. The poll filter.

Hmmm.

7. The mobile version.

So predictable.

8. Posting a question to an open debate and then being challenged to that debate even though you didn't express interest in debating it.

Awww, they just want to be your fwend.

No they're just desperate.


Which is why they wanna be your fwend?

9. People spelling my name "varak" like they're in first grade.

ok varak.

just no

Just yes.

10. Being source spammed.

Is it cuz theirs are better? ;)

Cuz they have way too many sources..

Often goes in ones favour though ;)


Add your own if you like :)

The entire religion forum.

Most certainly.

Yep, especially when the only retort users like bulprof can come up with is: "go back to the sandpit."
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 6:12:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 4:58:28 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 5/25/2015 2:45:48 PM, Varrack wrote:
Here are my pet peeves about miscellaneous DDO things:

Here are some of mine:

1. The mobile version
2. People that agree with me
3. The mobile version
4. Debates that lack a 9th graders level of S&G. Capitalisation and apostrophes people, learn them.
5. Postponing your sleep by 2 hours by SIWOTI syndrome
6. The Dunning Kruger effect
7. The mobile version
8. People who approach with a pre-conceived conclusion, and look for evidence to support it (I guess that's all of debate).
9. People who generalise, especially those with self-righteous bigotry.
10. The laughable process by which a president gets elected - including the campaigning, platforms, and hype.

Vote Shab/7th #DisagreeToAgree

11. The Polls Section
12. The mobile update
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 6:25:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
1. Seeing the mobile version of the site.
2. Rotating the screen in the hopes that it will let me see my profile tab.
3. Requesting desktop site but getting nothing in return.
4. Using other browsers to check if my browser is broken.
5. Realises that this is a permanent site update.
6. Cries to sleep.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 6:44:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I probably don't rate to have pet peeves after just a week on the site but I'll throw in my two cents anyway as I have seen this a number of times and even had it happen to me once already.

Along the lines of number ten, linking a source without actually citing anything from it.

For example, this (bad):

I am right and my opponent is wrong because of the source "thissiteagreeswithme.com"

Should be this (good):

I am right and my opponent is wrong because of facts A, B, and C which I got from the source "thissiteagreeswithme.com"

Just shows intelectual laziness if you ask me.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 12:24:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
1. Getting notifications about people answering questions I answered and there being no way to turn it off.

2. Rudeness.

3. Not specifying the burden of proof.

4. Unclear debate resolutions.

5. No voting.

6. Bad voting.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
tejretics
Posts: 6,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 12:45:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 2:45:48 PM, Varrack wrote:
Here are my pet peeves about miscellaneous DDO things:

1. Posting a comment to someone's profile and they respond my commenting on their own profile.

Exactly lol.

2. Getting included in mass PM's.

Totally XD

3. Getting no votes on a debate.

Obviously.

4. People complaining about how DDO is going down the drain.
5. Debating someone who likes to copy/paste paragraphs of your own argument into theirs to make theirs look longer.

Lolol XD

6. The poll filter.

What?

7. The mobile version.

Yes, lol.

8. Posting a question to an open debate and then being challenged to that debate even though you didn't express interest in debating it.

Exactly lol!

9. People spelling my name "varak" like they're in first grade.

"Tjejretics" for me, lol.

10. Being source spammed.

Nah, I source-spam back.


Add your own if you like :)
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Posts: 6,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 12:47:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 3:11:21 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 5/25/2015 2:45:48 PM, Varrack wrote:
Here are my pet peeves about miscellaneous DDO things:

1. Posting a comment to someone's profile and they respond my commenting on their own profile.
And it's private

Lolol

2. Getting included in mass PM's.
Jut click stop threads
3. Getting no votes on a debate.
4. People complaining about how DDO is going down the drain.
Yup
5. Debating someone who likes to copy/paste paragraphs of your own argument into theirs to make theirs look longer.
XD
6. The poll filter.
LOL #downwiththepolls
7. The mobile version.
YUP
8. Posting a question to an open debate and then being challenged to that debate even though you didn't express interest in debating it.
Nor rlly
9. People spelling my name "varak" like they're in first grade.
It's "ESocial," not "esocial" or "Esocial"

Shouldn't it be eSocial, because "e-social"?

10. Being source spammed.
LOL #guilty

#guiltyofsourcespamming :P


Add your own if you like :)
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Posts: 6,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 12:48:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 3:58:50 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 5/25/2015 3:11:21 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 5/25/2015 2:45:48 PM, Varrack wrote:
Here are my pet peeves about miscellaneous DDO things:

1. Posting a comment to someone's profile and they respond my commenting on their own profile.
And it's private

Hasn't happened yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

2. Getting included in mass PM's.
Jut click stop threads

I do. They're still annoying though

3. Getting no votes on a debate.
4. People complaining about how DDO is going down the drain.
Yup
5. Debating someone who likes to copy/paste paragraphs of your own argument into theirs to make theirs look longer.
XD
6. The poll filter.
LOL #downwiththepolls
7. The mobile version.
YUP
8. Posting a question to an open debate and then being challenged to that debate even though you didn't express interest in debating it.
Nor rlly

Has happened to me

9. People spelling my name "varak" like they're in first grade.
It's "ESocial," not "esocial" or "Esocial"

eSocial x)

Hey, I replied the exact same way without seeing yours! Wow!


10. Being source spammed.
LOL #guilty

Add your own if you like :)
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Posts: 6,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 12:49:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 4:58:28 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 5/25/2015 2:45:48 PM, Varrack wrote:
Here are my pet peeves about miscellaneous DDO things:

Here are some of mine:

1. The mobile version
2. People that agree with me
3. The mobile version
4. Debates that lack a 9th graders level of S&G. Capitalisation and apostrophes people, learn them.

Lol, you used to spell "existent" as "existant".

5. Postponing your sleep by 2 hours by SIWOTI syndrome
6. The Dunning Kruger effect

The what?

7. The mobile version
8. People who approach with a pre-conceived conclusion, and look for evidence to support it (I guess that's all of debate).
9. People who generalise, especially those with self-righteous bigotry.
10. The laughable process by which a president gets elected - including the campaigning, platforms, and hype.
11. The Polls Section
12. The mobile update
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Posts: 6,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 12:51:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/25/2015 5:22:15 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
My Pet Peeves

1. That BOT and Ragnar schooled me on ELO/win-losses.
2. End-the-Fed'ers.
3. Day vigs (I used to love them until I became their primary target).
4. The religion forum.
5. Opining out of ignorance.
6. When Maikuru fails to properly blow sh1t wide open.
7. When Zaradi runs from his suffering K.
8. Zaradi in last night's hangout. Enough said.
9. When Endark dodged my not-so-subtle advances.
10. Polls/opinions (though PetersSmith has done a good job reviving the first).
11. The Bossyburrito effect: accepting an economics debate only to run NAP or other such nonsense.
12. High-school-esque drama.
13. That the entire member base is composed of Airmax multis.
14. When people assert that Pinkie Pie is *not* the best pony.
15. Oh yeah.. the mobile update.
16. People who support the fiscal stimulus
17. Repeat 16.
18. Repeat 16.

Fix'd.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 12:55:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/27/2015 12:51:24 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 5/25/2015 5:22:15 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
My Pet Peeves

1. That BOT and Ragnar schooled me on ELO/win-losses.
2. End-the-Fed'ers.
3. Day vigs (I used to love them until I became their primary target).
4. The religion forum.
5. Opining out of ignorance.
6. When Maikuru fails to properly blow sh1t wide open.
7. When Zaradi runs from his suffering K.
8. Zaradi in last night's hangout. Enough said.
9. When Endark dodged my not-so-subtle advances.
10. Polls/opinions (though PetersSmith has done a good job reviving the first).
11. The Bossyburrito effect: accepting an economics debate only to run NAP or other such nonsense.
12. High-school-esque drama.
13. That the entire member base is composed of Airmax multis.
14. When people assert that Pinkie Pie is *not* the best pony.
15. Oh yeah.. the mobile update.
16. People who support the fiscal stimulus
17. Repeat 16.
18. Repeat 16.

Fix'd.

Lol.

True.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 2:46:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/27/2015 12:51:24 PM, tejretics wrote:

I should probably note, though, that my pet peeve is people who support fiscal stimulus for the wrong reasons. The second I hear "liquidity trap" or "the Fed is pushing on a string," I want to bang my head against my keyboard at the sheer ignorance. I also don't much like Larry Summer's argument - the Wicksellian real rate is permanently outside the reach of conventional monetary policy, and unconventional policy may create "bubbles," so use fiscal policy - though I'm sympathetic to it. The hysteresis argument he and DeLong raised was good, though.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 3:12:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/27/2015 12:47:02 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 5/25/2015 3:11:21 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 5/25/2015 2:45:48 PM, Varrack wrote:
Here are my pet peeves about miscellaneous DDO things:

1. Posting a comment to someone's profile and they respond my commenting on their own profile.
And it's private

Lolol

2. Getting included in mass PM's.
Jut click stop threads
3. Getting no votes on a debate.
4. People complaining about how DDO is going down the drain.
Yup
5. Debating someone who likes to copy/paste paragraphs of your own argument into theirs to make theirs look longer.
XD
6. The poll filter.
LOL #downwiththepolls
7. The mobile version.
YUP
8. Posting a question to an open debate and then being challenged to that debate even though you didn't express interest in debating it.
Nor rlly
9. People spelling my name "varak" like they're in first grade.
It's "ESocial," not "esocial" or "Esocial"
Yeah, but I like names to start with caps ^_^

Shouldn't it be eSocial, because "e-social"?

10. Being source spammed.
LOL #guilty

#guiltyofsourcespamming :P

Likewise :P

Add your own if you like :)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 3:32:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Randomly inserting Mafia into every thread.

Joey, don't you dare vote to lynch me in response.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 3:39:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/27/2015 3:32:51 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Randomly inserting Mafia into every thread.

Joey, don't you dare vote to lynch me in response.

Why would I vote to lynch you? That's an antiquated method of execution. Even old hags like Ayn Rand would have supported that. I live in the 21st century.

*Day Vig Bossy*
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 3:41:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/27/2015 3:39:28 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/27/2015 3:32:51 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Randomly inserting Mafia into every thread.

Joey, don't you dare vote to lynch me in response.

Why would I vote to lynch you? That's an antiquated method of execution. Even old hags like Ayn Rand would have supported that. I live in the 21st century.

*Day Vig Bossy*

You son of a gun.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 3:42:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/27/2015 3:41:51 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 5/27/2015 3:39:28 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/27/2015 3:32:51 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Randomly inserting Mafia into every thread.

Joey, don't you dare vote to lynch me in response.

Why would I vote to lynch you? That's an antiquated method of execution. Even old hags like Ayn Rand would have supported that. I live in the 21st century.

*Day Vig Bossy*

You son of a gun.

It was in my rational self interest to exploit that easily exploitable loophole.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 4:05:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I can't stand seeing "You have debate arguments due" in my notification box. If I see that I feel like I HAVE TO post that argument in the next 2 hours....
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 8:46:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Ok.

1. Bring called out
2. Being called out in a snide manner
3. People that I think just want to get me mad
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Posts: 36,328
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 8:47:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/27/2015 8:46:14 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ok.

1. Bring called out
2. Being called out in a snide manner
3. People that I think just want to get me mad

Bastards are going to be bastards... you've got to be above them.
Tsar of DDO