Jump to topic:

Platform Update

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2015 8:41:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Some members have expressed concern regarding a portion of the Bsh/Zaradi/BV campaign platform; namely, that long-term inactives should be phased out of the leaderboards.

While I firmly believe that the leaderboards ought to be a reflection of the current community more so than a catalog of former members who are no longer active leaders on the site, I recognize that history has value and that its preservation is important to any community. History helps tell us who we are by giving us insights into where we came from. It also preserves information that can be useful in the here and now. Therefore, we are updating this plank of our platform to address the concerns that have arisen about maintaining the historicity of the leaderboards.

The proposed change is fairly straightforward and both accommodates the need to have leaderboards reflect the present while still respecting the past. The alteration would be to have a "current" and "historical" version of each leaderboard, with the "current" being the default, but with users able to select a "historical" view to see if they want. The current view would phase out members who have been offline for 2 or more years (restoring them if they logged back on), and the historical version would include all users, past or present, as they do now. A simple click of a button, or selecting a category on a drop down selection would be all that would be needed to cycle through the two options.

I would note, as my usual caveat, that Juggle is unlikely to act on any site updates, and, therefore, our campaign is primarily focused on community-building aspects that we can implement on our own. However, in the surprising event that Juggle is prepared to act, we have a comprehensive list of suggestions to take to them. We believe in being ready for all eventualities.

With that, I hope that this assuages some of the concerns expressed. As always, we hope to earn your vote this election. Thank you!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 12:44:47 PM
At 5/27/2015 8:41:26 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Some members have expressed concern regarding a portion of the Bsh/Zaradi/BV campaign platform; namely, that long-term inactives should be phased out of the leaderboards.

While I firmly believe that the leaderboards ought to be a reflection of the current community more so than a catalog of former members who are no longer active leaders on the site, I recognize that history has value and that its preservation is important to any community. History helps tell us who we are by giving us insights into where we came from. It also preserves information that can be useful in the here and now. Therefore, we are updating this plank of our platform to address the concerns that have arisen about maintaining the historicity of the leaderboards.

The proposed change is fairly straightforward and both accommodates the need to have leaderboards reflect the present while still respecting the past. The alteration would be to have a "current" and "historical" version of each leaderboard, with the "current" being the default, but with users able to select a "historical" view to see if they want. The current view would phase out members who have been offline for 2 or more years (restoring them if they logged back on), and the historical version would include all users, past or present, as they do now. A simple click of a button, or selecting a category on a drop down selection would be all that would be needed to cycle through the two options.

I would note, as my usual caveat, that Juggle is unlikely to act on any site updates, and, therefore, our campaign is primarily focused on community-building aspects that we can implement on our own. However, in the surprising event that Juggle is prepared to act, we have a comprehensive list of suggestions to take to them. We believe in being ready for all eventualities.

With that, I hope that this assuages some of the concerns expressed. As always, we hope to earn your vote this election. Thank you!

Thank you for that platform change as that issue was the main one that was really bothering me. I thank you for this and even if Juggle doesn't do anything it atleast shows that you are willing to make compramises for your people here on DDO and THAT's what a leader on here truely needs.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 3:25:06 PM
At 5/28/2015 12:44:47 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Thank you for that platform change as that issue was the main one that was really bothering me. I thank you for this and even if Juggle doesn't do anything it atleast shows that you are willing to make compramises for your people here on DDO and THAT's what a leader on here truely needs.

Thanks, Lannan.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 3:25:46 PM
At 5/28/2015 3:25:06 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Thanks, Lannan.

Welcome, you have my vote assuming I'm still here at that time.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 3:26:43 PM
At 5/28/2015 3:25:46 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Thanks, Lannan.

Thanks. We appreciate it :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 3:30:10 PM
At 5/28/2015 3:26:43 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 5/28/2015 3:25:46 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Thanks, Lannan.

Thanks. We appreciate it :)

Welcome.

greatkitteh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 4:21:36 AM

I am not sure if juggle will cooperate, But I think that`s a great Idea!