Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

How do you ensure links don't get broken?

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 2:09:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Most of the time when you type or C/P a URL, the link gets broken and a semi-colon gets added after it. How do you ensure the links don't get broken? In PMs, debates, etc.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 2:15:07 AM
At 5/29/2015 2:09:19 AM, tejretics wrote:
Most of the time when you type or C/P a URL, the link gets broken and a semi-colon gets added after it. How do you ensure the links don't get broken? In PMs, debates, etc.

Remove spaces after them.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 2:15:50 AM
At 5/29/2015 2:15:07 AM, ShabShoral wrote:

Meaning?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 2:19:46 AM
At 5/29/2015 2:15:50 AM, tejretics wrote:

Meaning?

What is there to explain? Broken links have spaces after them. Delete them.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 2:20:11 AM
At 5/29/2015 2:19:46 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 5/29/2015 2:15:50 AM, tejretics wrote:

Meaning?

What is there to explain? Broken links have spaces after them. Delete them.

OK, thanks a lot.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 2:25:25 AM

Sometimes when I post links and press "enter" immediately after to skip a line, I'll notice that the underlined part of the link continues into that next line. That's usually what results in a broken link. To avoid that, you might need to delete the link and simply c/p it in again. That's usually what works for me while using google chrome. Another way to avoid it is to press enter a few times before actually c/ping the link. Then bring the mouse cursor back up to the original line and paste the link.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 7:42:47 AM

Don't listen to Bossy, they'll still get broken that way. Trust me, I tried that in my debate with Roy and they still were broken. Put them in () then they won't be broken.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 12:47:19 PM
Mine usually don't break
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 12:50:08 PM
At 5/29/2015 12:47:19 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Mine usually don't break

They don't when we C/P from Google Docs. I'm saying in instigation rounds or PMs.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 12:53:51 PM
At 5/29/2015 12:50:08 PM, tejretics wrote:
Mine usually don't break

They don't when we C/P from Google Docs. I'm saying in instigation rounds or PMs.

Well, when they break they usually just have characters on the end (%/%/). So the person can just delete those and it works.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 12:54:46 PM
At 5/29/2015 12:53:51 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/29/2015 12:50:08 PM, tejretics wrote:
Mine usually don't break

Well, when they break they usually just have characters on the end (%/%/). So the person can just delete those and it works.

Yeah, yeah. I know. But it'll be easier to just click a link.
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 3:03:01 PM
At 5/29/2015 2:25:25 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Sometimes when I post links and press "enter" immediately after to skip a line, I'll notice that the underlined part of the link continues into that next line. That's usually what results in a broken link. To avoid that, you might need to delete the link and simply c/p it in again. That's usually what works for me while using google chrome. Another way to avoid it is to press enter a few times before actually c/ping the link. Then bring the mouse cursor back up to the original line and paste the link.

You're wrong, that's what you're doing it right, when there's no line on the next line, there's a space on the end of the line above and it's broken.
hey b0ss ( V5;" V0;B2; V5;")