Jump to topic:

My quest to the top of Opinions leaderboard

Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 10:03:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I officially embark on my quest to the front part of the Opinions leaderboard!

I'm not planning to defeat a giant like MasturDbtor, but I want to post a few hundred arguments, which should get me a place high up on the first page of the leaderboard.

Currently, I'm at 117 arguments, which places me at the lower end of the second page. Soon that will change. Soon, I will rise to the front of the leaderboard, where my name will be immortalised.

This summer, apart from the stuff I normally do (programming, reading and writing), I'm also going to spa, er, I mean, contribute positively to the Opinions section. In fact, I've written quite a lot of opinions today and I have tried to keep up quality while boosting quantity. Please be assured that my quest will, on balance, be positive to the site.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 10:05:18 AM
What a noble quest. A man after my own heart.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 10:20:22 AM
I doubt that you'll be able to beat Adam2...
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 10:31:40 AM
At 5/29/2015 10:20:22 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

People told me that I would never be able to caught yay on top the Poll leaderboard. Caught him and I'm now 4k poll answers over him.
People told me that I could never beat RoyLarthum on the Votes leaderboard. I'm now over 1k votes over him.
People told me that I could never top the forum leaderboard....

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 11:10:57 AM
At 5/29/2015 10:20:22 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Are you from a year ago? :P Cos Adam2 has deactivated for a long time... It's Adam2isback now.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 11:12:41 AM
sig change.

debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 1:34:26 PM
At 5/29/2015 10:03:38 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:

I'm not planning to defeat a giant like MasturDbtor, but I want to post a few hundred arguments, which should get me a place high up on the first page of the leaderboard.

Currently, I'm at 117 arguments, which places me at the lower end of the second page. Soon that will change. Soon, I will rise to the front of the leaderboard, where my name will be immortalised.

This summer, apart from the stuff I normally do (programming, reading and writing), I'm also going to spa, er, I mean, contribute positively to the Opinions section. In fact, I've written quite a lot of opinions today and I have tried to keep up quality while boosting quantity. Please be assured that my quest will, on balance, be positive to the site.

It's really great that there are still users who actively contribute quality content to the opinions section. I don't know if there's something wrong with my computer or browser or what, but I legitimately cannot post opinions. I have no idea why :/
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 1:39:57 PM
At 5/29/2015 1:34:26 PM, debatability wrote:

It's really great that there are still users who actively contribute quality content to the opinions section. I don't know if there's something wrong with my computer or browser or what, but I legitimately cannot post opinions. I have no idea why :/

Same.

debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 1:42:06 PM
At 5/29/2015 1:39:57 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Same.

Yeah it's so weird. I used to be able to, and now I can't. I haven't been able to for a few months...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 1:59:59 PM
At 5/29/2015 1:42:06 PM, debatability wrote:

Same.

Yeah it's so weird. I used to be able to, and now I can't. I haven't been able to for a few months...

I know, it's really annoying. I've just given up on trying.

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 3:41:34 PM
I don't know if there's something wrong with my computer or browser or what, but I legitimately cannot post opinions. I have no idea why :/

Have you tried using a different browser?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 4:09:37 PM
At 5/29/2015 3:41:34 PM, philochristos wrote:
I don't know if there's something wrong with my computer or browser or what, but I legitimately cannot post opinions. I have no idea why :/

Have you tried using a different browser?

That could be it - I use chrome.
AlwaysRight12345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 4:11:41 PM
At 5/29/2015 1:59:59 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Same.

I can't post new opinions, but I can post on them.
AlwaysRight12345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 4:12:25 PM

I know this is a very stupid question, but how would one find these leaderboards?
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 4:22:37 PM
At 5/29/2015 4:12:25 PM, AlwaysRight12345 wrote:

I know this is a very stupid question, but how would one find these leaderboards?

Go to the drop-down selection for each of the areas of DDO, and select the leaderboard.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
AlwaysRight12345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 4:26:03 PM
At 5/29/2015 4:22:37 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Go to the drop-down selection for each of the areas of DDO, and select the leaderboard.

OK I tried that but it goes too far down and the only one I can see is the debate leaderboard.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 4:27:31 PM

Nub
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 4:29:40 PM
At 5/29/2015 4:26:03 PM, AlwaysRight12345 wrote:

OK I tried that but it goes too far down and the only one I can see is the debate leaderboard.

You may have to zoom out to see them. You can also go to the main page of each section and there should be a button you can click that redirects you to each leaderboard.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

AlwaysRight12345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 4:32:41 PM
At 5/29/2015 4:29:40 PM, bsh1 wrote:

You may have to zoom out to see them. You can also go to the main page of each section and there should be a button you can click that redirects you to each leaderboard.

OK thank you. How do I find myself on one of the leaderboards?
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 4:33:46 PM
At 5/29/2015 4:32:41 PM, AlwaysRight12345 wrote:
At 5/29/2015 4:29:40 PM, bsh1 wrote:

OK thank you. How do I find myself on one of the leaderboards?

The leaderboards aren't searchable. If you want to find where you are, see what your stats are on your homepage, and then just keep going until you start seeing similar stats and then look for yourself on each page.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 5:45:11 PM
At 5/29/2015 5:43:19 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/29/2015 5:42:01 PM, Maikuru wrote:
There is an Opinions leaderboard?

That's super sad.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 5:45:39 PM
At 5/29/2015 5:45:11 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 5/29/2015 5:43:19 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 5/29/2015 5:42:01 PM, Maikuru wrote:
There is an Opinions leaderboard?

That's super sad.

I tend to agree.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 5:56:54 PM

turn off adblock.
hey b0ss ( V5;" V0;B2; V5;")
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 5:57:55 PM
At 5/29/2015 4:11:41 PM, AlwaysRight12345 wrote:

Same.

I can't post new opinions, but I can post on them.

Turn off adblock
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 5:58:25 PM
The forum leaderboard is an ironman competition; the Debate leaderboard is like competing in an Olympic event.

The opinion and poll leaderboards are more like separate events within the special olympics.... which is not to disparage the special olympics, so much as it is to indicate the sort of difference between the other two leaderboards.
Tsar of DDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 5:58:35 PM

Same.

Turn off adblock
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 6:05:05 PM
At 5/29/2015 5:58:35 PM, 8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA wrote:

Same.

Turn off adblock

When I see your username, I wonder if you had a seizure while typing it as you were signing up.
Tsar of DDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 9:57:57 PM
At 5/29/2015 6:05:05 PM, YYW wrote:

When I see your username, I wonder if you had a seizure while typing it as you were signing up.

When I see your profile, I wonder if you had a real-life friend before meeting bsh1 or if you were always a loser.