Jump to topic:

May Beginner's Tournament R2 Pairings

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 11:03:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
To begin with a brief update: Himan's and Espera's debate continues to plunge into a series of forfeits - now 2 per piece - and the two haven't logged onto DDO for 3 and 4 days, respectively. As a result, both have been disqualified. There is no reason for me to advance either when only a single argument has been posted, and neither care enough for this tournament or their mentors to actually finish their debate.

Thus, here are the R1 results. Names in bold have advanced, and names underlined have been either eliminated or disqualified, or have dropped out.

Diqiucun_Cunmin (Wylted) vs. Diego_St_Clair (Zmikecuber)
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA (1Historygenius) vs. Kingkd (1Historygenius)
That1User (Whiteflame) vs. Tumblrnatic (YYW)
1harderthanyouthink (Whiteflame) vs. Malacoda (YYW)
ScarlettPrecious (Zmikecuber) vs. Hayd (Kasmic)
Himans45 (Kasmic) vs. Espera (Wylted)

Therefore, R2 pairings are as follows:

Diqiucun_Cunmin (Wylted) vs. That1User (Whiteflame)
Hayd (Kasmic) vs. Kingkd (1Historygenius)

Best of luck to the four of you and to your mentors. Thank you for seeing this tournament through.

As always, if you have any questions or problems, please let me know.

Finally, please begin your debates by no later than Friday, June 5, 2015 at 11:59 DDO Time. If you cannot meet this deadline, please contact me as soon as possible.

Cheers,

ResponsibyIrresponsible
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 11:45:23 AM
Thanks JMK. It's regrettable that the tournament has turned out not to be as successful as we wanted, and I do hope that in the remaining rounds, we can make the most out of it, despite our bad start.

P.S. Darn, that1user seems a tough opponent...
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2015 2:04:28 PM
Update

Sigh... we can't go a day without unfortunate news.

I gave Hayd and kingd an extension until after June 13th due to off-site obligations. There may be several potentially complicating factors, including the fact that kingd has been relatively inactive, and hasn't yet begun his debate for another tournament. I'm going to, as per usual, closely monitor this.

The reason for the lengthy extension, obviously, is so that the tournament doesn't disintegrate even further than it already has. I understand that people are busy and that this may not be your top priority, or even among the top five, but nevertheless let's do what we can to at least finish what we begun.

The good news, though, is that Diqui and That1User seem to be on a path to starting their debate rather soon, and I envision that this - as well as Hayd and kingd, once they're able to begin - will be an extremely interesting exchange.

Don't throw in the towel yet, gentleman. The S.S. hope remains at dock, but wind cannot forever inhibit its sail.

(Yes, that was terrible, but it was the best I got.)
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah