Jump to topic:

Juggle

AlwaysRight12345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 4:08:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
As the presidential elections approach, I want to mention Juggle's inaction with DDO. Just to give an example of how long it's been since they even thought about the site, view the screenshots on this link on their website:
http://www.juggle.com...
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 4:28:58 PM
At 5/31/2015 4:08:10 PM, AlwaysRight12345 wrote:
As the presidential elections approach, I want to mention Juggle's inaction with DDO. Just to give an example of how long it's been since they even thought about the site, view the screenshots on this link on their website:

Lol
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 4:35:44 PM

I think you raise an excellent point, which really should be defining how people chose their presidential pick. I don't say this to be mean, or dismissive... but when people are thinking about who they should vote for, they shouldn't be thinking about who has a cute face or who is friendly or who they want attention from. They should be thinking about who, realistically, would be willing to do the grunt work of negotiating with an absentee leader.

Who is juggle most likely to take seriously, as between the candidates? A 16 year old, who will likely be doing everything in her administration on her own; or a seasoned member who not only knows this website inside and out but who has invested an incredible amount of time trying to figure out how to improve the site's interface.

Bsh1 notices stuff that no one else I know of on this site has, and he can communicate with Juggle in an intermediary capacity between DDO and Juggle in terms of mutual interest -and he can do that with a degree of authority that no other candidate in this race could. It's not that I don't like Liz. I do. She seems like a nice girl, but she's a child and she is not in a position to be negotiating with representatives of a company. Even if she was, she was part of an administration where the former president (read: Ore Ele) basically said "Fvck it! I quit!" and then encouraged every community member to report Juggle to google for techie violations. If I were in Juggle's situation, I wouldn't want anything to do with anyone associated with that.

Now, realistically I know that Liz probably did almost nothing in Ore's administration because that has been how almost all VP's have been... they are names that attach to tickets for bonus points in a popularity contest... and in choosing thett I can clearly see that Liz is keeping consistent with that trend. I like Thett too, but ultimately I know that he's busy with other stuff and the amount of time that he would likely devote to anything related to improving the site would be paltry compared to what bsh1 and his team could and would. It hurts me to say this, especially about thett, because I like him and I consider him my friend. But, even if Bsh1 wasn't running I could not vote for Liz and him. I would sooner run against them even though I **do not** want to be the president.

The only reason I ever even considered running for President is because I believed that it needed to be done, and I didn't see anyone else that I regarded as competent enough (assuming bsh1 was going to run as my VP and not run against me) to handle that responsibility. I say that having been involved with every presidential election, and almost every presidential administration since Max's. Needless to say, I know what this thing involves... and I can say with confidence that Liz doesn't have what it takes. She's a nice girl, and I wish she hasn't undertaken to run.

Juggle doesn't give a sh!t about DDO right now, and the next president has to be someone who can change that. Bsh1 is the only candidate in this race (and also, I think, the only person on the site at large) who has even a chance of making that happen because he deeply cares about this site and the community, understands the site and the community inside and out, and can communicate with people who have adversarial interests to him in a way that gets both people in a better position in the end.

It should be very clear that I am not happy with the status quo. No one is. The mobile update is quite possibly the worst thing that Juggle has done since they put in the opinions and polls section. We need someone who can change the status quo, and who can convince Juggle to throw resources our way. Bsh1 is the only person who can do that... Juggle would ignore Liz even more surely than they ignored Ore, albeit for different reasons.
Tsar of DDO
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 4:56:39 PM
At 5/31/2015 4:32:10 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Who even owns Juggle?

The DDO elite.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 5:00:28 PM
At 5/31/2015 4:56:39 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Who even owns Juggle?

The DDO elite.

This is exactly why I plan to overthrow them. They were behind it all along.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 5:01:42 PM
At 5/31/2015 4:45:40 PM, Varrack wrote:
Who even owns Juggle?

Anonymous

Anonymous is already a part of the US government/Mossad/Hamas/KGB/Illuminati/giant lizard aliens.

So I think they're on our side :/
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 5:07:16 PM
I don't think that Juggle will ever even pretend to care about the site again. They've consistently ignored it except when changes were absolutely needed/were profitable for the entirety of the time that I've been on the site, and Max, Ore, Tuf, Bladerunner, etc. have not been able to stop that current. During their terms, Juggle was at least somewhat competent, but it was still ridiculously hard for them to get Juggle to do anything of worth. Given that Juggle is 10x more detached now than ever, there's no way that our choice of President will have *any* effect whatsoever.

If Max, who has been in much closer contact with Juggle for much longer than anyone else, cannot get Juggle to do anything, it's plain to see that no elected official will be able to.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 5:11:09 PM
At 5/31/2015 5:01:42 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Who even owns Juggle?

Anonymous

Anonymous is already a part of the US government/Mossad/Hamas/KGB/Illuminati/giant lizard aliens.

You may think that, but Anonymous is secretly poised against us. They've been controlling Juggle and the DDO Elite undercover, but won't reveal that they are that group. It's their plan to make us as hopeless as possible.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 5:17:36 PM
At 5/31/2015 5:11:09 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 5/31/2015 5:01:42 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Who even owns Juggle?

Anonymous

You may think that, but Anonymous is secretly poised against us. They've been controlling Juggle and the DDO Elite undercover, but won't reveal that they are that group. It's their plan to make us as hopeless as possible.

That is why you should join the Illuminati Party of DDO so that we may overthrow the tyranny of Barack Huessein Adolf Juggle DDO Elite Al Bahdadi Khomeni 0bama!!11!!

http://www.debate.org...
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 6:09:37 PM
At 5/31/2015 4:35:44 PM, YYW wrote:

I thought about responding to your thoughts peace by peace, but I think it'll be more productive to just explain my viewpoint as a whole.

There's no reason to believe that I am less competent as a president than BSH. I have already started the development of a few programs that I believe will help the site significantly - including topics of the week and improving the unvoted debates thread. Once thett and I discuss the specifications of our platform, you will be able to see that we have many feasible goals for site improvement. During my time as VP with Ore, I did less because Ore was a relatively inactive president (outside of his communication with Juggle - and believe me, he did make attempts to get Juggle to work on the site). However, there were a few things we did get done that I worked with Airmax and Ore institute. Most notably, we were able to institute a monthly tournament system which is a long term benefit to the site.

I specifically talked to airmax about whether or not my age would be an issue when it came to communicating with juggle. He stated that it will not and that Juggle is not less likely to contact me than BSH. Communicating with juggle simply consists of emailing back and fourth. All that entails is responsibility and maturity (as well as caring about the site), which I believe I have demonstrated during my time here. BSH is only 4 years older than me and has only been on this site 4 months longer than me. That's not a huge difference. There is no reason to believe that BSH is more qualified than I am to do good for this site.

I certainly believe that BSH would do a good job as president, but I believe thett and I will do well too. That is why I am running.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 6:17:28 PM
At 5/31/2015 6:09:37 PM, debatability wrote:

I agree that Ore was a useless president. He was a placeholder... for no real purpose. Just the guy that held the site over until the next election came around.

When I see your platform, we'll talk about it. I understand your intentions are good, and Max may even have said that you being so young probably wouldn't be an issue.

But if the issue turns on who is more invested in the site, who has done more in their time here, and who has more methodically planned their intent to run... there is really no question who the better pic is.

Unless you can tell me why you think you and thett are better than bsh1 and Zaradi, there was no reason to announce your candidacy. Can you do that?
Tsar of DDO
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2015 8:01:25 PM

This is probably the first time in all the presidential elections that have happened so far that I actually care about the platform that the two main candidates are presenting. In the past, I'd usually have already decided who I was going to vote for.

But yeah, communicating with Juggle is going to be a prime consideration. Anyone can hold tournaments and make announcements. Being a diplomat and a member representative to Juggle might be what makes or breaks their campaigns.