Jump to topic:

Getting rid of trolling accounts

CookieMonster9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 3:28:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Trolling, you've heard of it before. Where you want to have a good debate about a topic with somebody else but all you get is a person that just wants to mess around and put random stuff on the debate rounds. So I made the solution of this forum. Here you can post names of people that you think are trolling and I can send them to an administrator and if they think this person has trolled too many times then the troll account can be closed.

An example of this is a person named InvalidArgument. This person just made an account about two weeks ago. He made a debate and accepted a debate. The debate that he made was "communism or capitalism". This debate was clearly made for another troll person to go on so they could troll together, but instead he got someone who wanted to talk the subject. After this debate two things happened.

a) the debate was a downfall and nothing was discussed

b) the non-troll debater got a free win because everyone voted for the non-troll debater.

His other debate he accepted was made by someone who seriously wanted to debate the topic and 2 things came out of that debate.

a) the person who made the debate got a troll person.

b) as above, the non-troll person ended up getting points because the troll account just trolled.

Clearly we need to stop this from going on, because if we don't then all we are going to get is a website with a bunch of trollers doing nothing but troll, and new debaters who want a website for debating will pass ours up because all they will see is a bunch of trollers. There has been action to stop this from happening, but not enough. We need to get these trollers gone 100%. If we want DDO to grow, we need to get rid of this main problem. So join the fight against these trollers so we can have a clean, happy place to debate topics of enjoyment.

-CookieMonster9
Hello everybody having a good day? I just wanted to let you know that there is a new type of game called "What would you do?" where I post scenarios and you put down what you would do. To get in on this go to http://www.debate.org... , read the rules, and put in your answer!

I'm not here to start an argument, I'm just here so I can gain more knowledge about the world and feed my mind knowledge that you can't really get as much as you wish you could in life. -CM
CookieMonster9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 3:38:14 PM
At 6/3/2015 3:28:13 PM, CookieMonster9 wrote:
Trolling, you've heard of it before. Where you want to have a good debate about a topic with somebody else but all you get is a person that just wants to mess around and put random stuff on the debate rounds. So I made the solution of this forum. Here you can post names of people that you think are trolling and I can send them to an administrator and if they think this person has trolled too many times then the troll account can be closed.

An example of this is a person named InvalidArgument. This person just made an account about two weeks ago. He made a debate and accepted a debate. The debate that he made was "communism or capitalism". This debate was clearly made for another troll person to go on so they could troll together, but instead he got someone who wanted to talk the subject. After this debate two things happened.

b) the non-troll debater got a free win because everyone voted for the non-troll debater.

His other debate he accepted was made by someone who seriously wanted to debate the topic and 2 things came out of that debate.

b) as above, the non-troll person ended up getting points because the troll account just trolled.

Clearly we need to stop this from going on, because if we don't then all we are going to get is a website with a bunch of trollers doing nothing but troll, and new debaters who want a website for debating will pass ours up because all they will see is a bunch of trollers. There has been action to stop this from happening, but not enough. We need to get these trollers gone 100%. If we want DDO to grow, we need to get rid of this main problem. So join the fight against these trollers so we can have a clean, happy place to debate topics of enjoyment.

-CookieMonster9

I'm not sure if we already have a system for dealing we this but if we don't this could be the place.
Hello everybody having a good day? I just wanted to let you know that there is a new type of game called "What would you do?" where I post scenarios and you put down what you would do. To get in on this go to http://www.debate.org... , read the rules, and put in your answer!

I'm not here to start an argument, I'm just here so I can gain more knowledge about the world and feed my mind knowledge that you can't really get as much as you wish you could in life. -CM
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 3:44:30 PM
Troll debates are fun and can lighten the mood for the people who read them. Theyre generally meant for fun and dont harm anyone.
I may or may not be a cat
CookieMonster9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 4:02:52 PM
At 6/3/2015 3:44:30 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
Troll debates are fun and can lighten the mood for the people who read them. Theyre generally meant for fun and dont harm anyone.

I don't care if someone makes a forum specifically saying troll forum or something like that but in the debates their are supposed to be debates, not trolling. And also personally I don't think

UMADBROUMADBROUMADBROUMADBROUMADBROUMADBROUMADBROUMADBROUMADBROUMADBROUMADBROUWANNAGOBROUWANNAGOBRO is very funny.

For me I just think trolling should be on a forum in the funny section.

CookieMonster9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 4:05:01 PM
But also look at my other reasoning too

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 4:26:51 PM

That's why you put "No trolling" in the debate rules.

That's why you go and put the debate so that no one can accept. When people apply you look at their profiles to see if they actually debate.

-CookieMonster9
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 4:38:05 PM
At 6/3/2015 4:02:52 PM, CookieMonster9 wrote:

I don't care if someone makes a forum specifically saying troll forum or something like that but in the debates their are supposed to be debates, not trolling. And also personally I don't think

UMADBROUMADBROUMADBROUMADBROUMADBROUMADBROUMADBROUMADBROUMADBROUMADBROUMADBROUWANNAGOBROUWANNAGOBRO is very funny.
That's not trolling, that's spamming
Good troll debates aren't spam. They actually make you think before you laugh and are thought provoking and require time to think of.
Forthelulz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 4:53:27 PM

-CookieMonster9

Question: What if someone honestly believes the most far-fetched things, but appears to be trolling to the rest of us? Or someone honestly espouses a viewpoint the rest of the community would find disturbing? We wouldn't be able to tell the difference. For example, http://www.debate.org... is a good one to start with on your journey through "Wait... this guy's serious."
=Chief Defenestrator=

#ImperiumAmerica

This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
http://www.debate.org...
Welcome Thread:
New Members Read Me:
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com...
CookieMonster9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 7:12:13 PM
At 6/3/2015 4:26:51 PM, lannan13 wrote:

The people who troll don't listen to rules you make, they could care less.

That's why you go and put the debate so that no one can accept. When people apply you look at their profiles to see if they actually debate.

This still doesn't cover the trollers making debates themselves.

-CookieMonster9

CookieMonster9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 7:14:44 PM
At 6/3/2015 7:12:13 PM, CookieMonster9 wrote:

-CookieMonster9

CookieMonster9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 7:15:59 PM
At 6/3/2015 7:14:44 PM, CookieMonster9 wrote:
At 6/3/2015 7:12:13 PM, CookieMonster9 wrote:

-CookieMonster9

My bad with all the mixed up lines.

CookieMonster9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 7:25:11 PM
At 6/3/2015 4:38:05 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

Good troll debates aren't spam. They actually make you think before you laugh and are thought provoking and require time to think of.

Well then I guess I'm against spamming if that's how you think of it.

trolling; Being a prick on the internet because you can.

http://www.urbandictionary.com...

Hey, I'm trying to help DDO become a website where you can debate on the debate section and do whatever you want on the forums. If you guys think DDO should be a website where you don't mind people trolling or spamming on the debates I'm fine with that. I'm just trying to help DDO be a place where you don't have to worry about trolls or spammers ruining the debate. And my bad I usually use trolling more loosely, more as just a person that isn't doing the intention of the debate, if it's spamming or trolling or just putting pictures of cats.

CookieMonster9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 7:33:21 PM
At 6/3/2015 4:53:27 PM, Forthelulz wrote:

-CookieMonster9

Question: What if someone honestly believes the most far-fetched things, but appears to be trolling to the rest of us? Or someone honestly espouses a viewpoint the rest of the community would find disturbing? We wouldn't be able to tell the difference. For example, http://www.debate.org... is a good one to start with on your journey through "Wait... this guy's serious."

I see what you are saying and this is a very good question actually. If someone wants to make a debate or a poll that has something like that, personally I'd just let them as long as they have a reason and stuff to back up their theory.

Example: What I'd be okay with

I think animals should be abused because it builds character in the animal and makes it stronger, based on the source below

www.example.com

Example: What I would bring up

I think animals should be abused because my pet animal called me stupid the other day so I got mad and beat it up.

So that's what I would do, but the example you gave me really stumped me. I guess you would just keep it, if it's what he actually believes I guess it's what he believes, there's not much you can do about it. This troll thing though is for things that are pretty clear that they are just trying to be funny or annoying.

CookieMonster9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 8:46:27 PM
At 6/3/2015 8:42:18 PM, RevNge wrote:
y u hate meh

I don't hate you.

Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 9:04:10 PM
I +1 what Lannan and Kitty said.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 9:05:00 PM
y u hate meh

Because you keep on asking this question over and over again. I didn't hate you before, but you just kept on asking it and asking it and then the hate did emerge.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 9:14:14 PM
y u hate meh

Stop trolling bro or you will go on this cookie dude's list!
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 9:54:53 PM
At 6/3/2015 9:14:14 PM, Wylted wrote:
y u hate meh

Stop trolling bro or you will go on this cookie dude's list!

Trolling's all I'm good at though...
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 9:55:25 PM
At 6/3/2015 9:05:00 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
y u hate meh

Because you keep on asking this question over and over again. I didn't hate you before, but you just kept on asking it and asking it and then the hate did emerge.

Thanks for answering the question, at least.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 9:57:01 PM
At 6/3/2015 9:55:25 PM, RevNge wrote:
y u hate meh

I'm just kidding, I don't hate you, you have to do something specific for me to hate you. But I do recommend you stop saying that, it is getting old and it is getting annoying.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 9:59:29 PM
At 6/3/2015 9:57:01 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
y u hate meh

I'm just kidding, I don't hate you, you have to do something specific for me to hate you. But I do recommend you stop saying that, it is getting old and it is getting annoying.

If I make a discriminatory comment insulting lesbians, will you hate me?

But it's my catchphrase... ;_;
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 10:01:33 PM
At 6/3/2015 9:59:29 PM, RevNge wrote:
y u hate meh

No, but it would make my opinion of you decrease.

Okay, I get that, but most people don't have catchphrases. And if you do, then it gets very annoying after you use it so much. It's kind of like a joke that has long outstayed its welcome.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 10:02:55 PM
At 6/3/2015 10:01:33 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
y u hate meh

Oh, okay. :3
Okay, I get that, but most people don't have catchphrases. And if you do, then it gets very annoying after you use it so much. It's kind of like a joke that has long outstayed its welcome.

*resists the urge to say it*
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 10:05:50 PM
At 6/3/2015 7:25:11 PM, CookieMonster9 wrote:
At 6/3/2015 4:38:05 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

Well then I guess I'm against spamming if that's how you think of it.

trolling; Being a prick on the internet because you can.

http://www.urbandictionary.com...
Troll debate that actually uses trolling for fun instead of for destruction and annoying others: http://www.debate.org...

Hey, I'm trying to help DDO become a website where you can debate on the debate section and do whatever you want on the forums.
Not *whatever* we want; that would end up in lots of spam and derailing.
If you guys think DDO should be a website where you don't mind people trolling or spamming on the debates I'm fine with that.
Good trolling is fine, bad trolling should be limited, spam should be eliminated.
I'm just trying to help DDO be a place where you don't have to worry about trolls or spammers ruining the debate.
Trolls dont ruin, they enhance......
Well, sometimes, they ruin it, but usually it's just fun and games
And my bad I usually use trolling more loosely, more as just a person that isn't doing the intention of the debate, if it's spamming or trolling or just putting pictures of cats.
Sometimes what some people try to debate is either so obscure or overdone that trolling is warranted and those people basically bring it on themselves to be trolled. Other times, troll debates are instigated between friends just for a fun time. Not all debating h as to be serious. http://www.debate.org...
Pictures of cats are all nice and fun, but if theyre being used as arguments without explanation, I would classify that as spam rather than good, quality trolling.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 10:06:22 PM
At 6/3/2015 10:02:55 PM, RevNge wrote:
y u hate meh

Your birthday just passed, right? Why don't you turn over a new leaf? Leave those childish catchphrases behind.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 10:09:34 PM
At 6/3/2015 10:06:22 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
y u hate meh

Your birthday just passed, right? Why don't you turn over a new leaf? Leave those childish catchphrases behind.

To be honest, I don't really think a person changes when their birthday passes--in reality, you just aged a day. It's just celebrating a milestone, and you haven't really changed. If you're going to change in a day, you might as well pick another one instead of waiting for a year.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 10:11:11 PM
At 6/3/2015 10:09:34 PM, RevNge wrote:
y u hate meh

To be honest, I don't really think a person changes when their birthday passes--in reality, you just aged a day. It's just celebrating a milestone, and you haven't really changed. If you're going to change in a day, you might as well pick another one instead of waiting for a year.

y u hate birthdehs?
#FeeltheFreezerBern
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 10:11:36 PM
At 6/3/2015 10:09:34 PM, RevNge wrote:
y u hate meh

Then make it a point of change yourself.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln