Total Posts:62|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

My favourite DDO Fanfics so far

Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 8:46:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
So the fanfic market is currently dead now so I wanted to share my favourite DDO fanfics I've encountered on the site.

The DDO Walking Dead: Uprising

Ima's Uprising was one of the best fics I've read. It has some stellar action scenes and a grounded post apocalyptic setting. The zombies feel threatening and alive, even with minimal description. The first chapter gripped me by my balls and didn't let go. I recommend checking it out, even if it's just to watch DDO members die and turn to zombies in hilarious and comically dark ways. Like a member dying from snorting too much cocaine.

Read the first chapter here: http://www.debate.org...

Warped: A DDO Chronicle

Before Rev became the official DDO forum lurker and before he became a Church of NAC cardinal, he was above all, a writer. And a bloody good one too. DDO chronicle drops the reader in a familiar but complex world of an MMO based off Mafia. This perfect blend makes it surprisingly enjoyable and fun to read. You'll get to see actual night kills and members getting lynched for reasons as nonsensical as in the real game.

Read the first chapter here: http://www.debate.org...

Turning the Tides

What I initially thought was a gay fanfic about two DDO members making out, was actually a fascinating and interesting fanfic (although I wouldn't mind the former). The percy jackson based story is so well written and immersive that you'll actually see DDO members come to life. Cermank becomes a hot demigod while Thett becomes a broody blonde haired teen desperately trying not to hook up with Cermank. And upon reading the lucid descriptions, you will understand why.

Read the prologue here: http://www.debate.org...

DDO Game Over

What else can be said about this epic fanfic that hasn't already been said? It has everything; action, immersion and complex game mechanics. Although similar to Warped, it's linear focus allows it to be more of a survival story than a story of having to play a game made by corporate azsholes. Thrilling scenes and well written suspense makes for an enjoyable read that will keep you wondering what will happen next.

Read the first chapter here: http://www.debate.org...

DDO Burger King

You want hilarity and nonsensical fun? Watching as DDO members flip burgers and get shouted for doing a poor job by their bosses? Look no further, DDO burger King is here. Based on the acclaimed franchise, this fanfic will make you hungry for those burgers as you laugh till you're spitting out fries and spilling coke. The perfect advertisement for Burger King, this fanfic is a definite must read.

Read the first episode here: http://www.debate.org...

Ramblings
A very dark and atmospheric fanfic capturing the emotional troubles of being abused by an abuser. Although not too violent, there are some very intense scenes and artful drama that will make you realize how personal the fanfic really is. Ramblings has its lighter moments too with some hilarious mishappenings and romance between two constantly shipped DDO members.

Read the prologue here: http://www.debate.org...

Interactive Story

Set in London during WWII, Interactive is a fanfic that allow you the audience to choose the actions of the character at the end of each chapter. The well written scenes are fast paced and realistic. A german air raid takes place and you feel as confused as the character. You'll wonder what the character will do next and whether he will stay with the family in the grocery store or go with the awesome and badazz Imabench to seek shelter in an underground train station.

Read the first chapter here: http://www.debate.org...

There are also honorable mentions that were honestly not my cup of tea but that I thought were well written fanfics. These include Untitled, DDO House of Cards, Once Upon a DDO and DDO Heroes. And you should definitely check them out in the Entertainment section --> DDO Fanfiction.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 10:23:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 8:46:39 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

This was very sweet. I'll do one of these soon.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 10:46:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Thanks for the shout-out man! :) and you can expect an update in the next day or two.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 11:00:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 10:46:54 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Thanks for the shout-out man! :) and you can expect an update in the next day or two.

That's what rev said...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 11:35:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 11:00:24 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:46:54 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Thanks for the shout-out man! :) and you can expect an update in the next day or two.

That's what rev said...

Rofl. But I'm pretty much done with the episode. All I need to do is, like, one touch-up and it's finished.

I should also just trademark the "pretty much done" statement for comedic effect at this point xD
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 1:20:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 11:00:24 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:46:54 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Thanks for the shout-out man! :) and you can expect an update in the next day or two.

That's what rev said...

.-.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 1:21:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 8:46:39 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
What I initially thought was a gay fanfic about two DDO members making out, was actually a fascinating and interesting fanfic (although I wouldn't mind the former).

roflmao
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 1:28:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 1:24:29 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Oh, I see how it is.

Congrats on making it to 10k, btw.

*waves from the front page of the Forums leaderboard*
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 1:29:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 1:28:50 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:24:29 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Oh, I see how it is.

Congrats on making it to 10k, btw.

Thank you.

*waves from the front page of the Forums leaderboard*
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 1:29:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 11:00:24 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:46:54 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Thanks for the shout-out man! :) and you can expect an update in the next day or two.

That's what rev said...

I probably won't continue Warped, btw.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 1:29:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 1:29:23 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:28:50 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:24:29 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Oh, I see how it is.

Congrats on making it to 10k, btw.

Thank you.

Now you're just 1k behind me. <3
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 1:30:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 1:29:49 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:29:23 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:28:50 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:24:29 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Oh, I see how it is.

Congrats on making it to 10k, btw.

Thank you.

Now you're just 1k behind me. <3

I don't count anything you've posted in the miscellaneous forum and any of your posts beginning with "y."
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 1:31:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 1:30:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:29:49 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:29:23 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:28:50 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:24:29 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Oh, I see how it is.

Congrats on making it to 10k, btw.

Thank you.

Now you're just 1k behind me. <3

I don't count anything you've posted in the miscellaneous forum and any of your posts beginning with "y."

y u hate meh
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 1:32:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 1:31:30 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:30:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:29:49 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:29:23 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:28:50 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:24:29 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Oh, I see how it is.

Congrats on making it to 10k, btw.

Thank you.

Now you're just 1k behind me. <3

I don't count anything you've posted in the miscellaneous forum and any of your posts beginning with "y."

y u hate meh

Because Warped ended like 90% of all anime - unsatisfactorily and without resolution.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 1:36:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 1:32:29 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:31:30 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:30:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:29:49 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:29:23 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:28:50 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:24:29 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Oh, I see how it is.

Congrats on making it to 10k, btw.

Thank you.

Now you're just 1k behind me. <3

I don't count anything you've posted in the miscellaneous forum and any of your posts beginning with "y."

y u hate meh

Because Warped ended like 90% of all anime - unsatisfactorily and without resolution.

I actually had a few good plot twists planned out, such as Warped's background and the true identity of the people in Chapter 8 along with the real purpose of the game, but I'm too lazy/lacking of creativity to write the stuff in the middle.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 1:37:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 1:36:21 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:32:29 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:31:30 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:30:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:29:49 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:29:23 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:28:50 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:24:29 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Oh, I see how it is.

Congrats on making it to 10k, btw.

Thank you.

Now you're just 1k behind me. <3

I don't count anything you've posted in the miscellaneous forum and any of your posts beginning with "y."

y u hate meh

Because Warped ended like 90% of all anime - unsatisfactorily and without resolution.

I actually had a few good plot twists planned out, such as Warped's background and the true identity of the people in Chapter 8 along with the real purpose of the game, but I'm too lazy/lacking of creativity to write the stuff in the middle.

Write hard or get lynched.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 1:39:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 1:37:45 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:36:21 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:32:29 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:31:30 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:30:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:29:49 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:29:23 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:28:50 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:24:29 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Oh, I see how it is.

Congrats on making it to 10k, btw.

Thank you.

Now you're just 1k behind me. <3

I don't count anything you've posted in the miscellaneous forum and any of your posts beginning with "y."

y u hate meh

Because Warped ended like 90% of all anime - unsatisfactorily and without resolution.

I actually had a few good plot twists planned out, such as Warped's background and the true identity of the people in Chapter 8 along with the real purpose of the game, but I'm too lazy/lacking of creativity to write the stuff in the middle.

Write hard or get lynched.

Btch pls I'm Lynchproof

Oh, and RM would have actually played an important role in the later chapters.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 2:23:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 12:27:12 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
I'll likely release Season 2 of DDO HoC soon..

YAY
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 2:23:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 1:29:24 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 11:00:24 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:46:54 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Thanks for the shout-out man! :) and you can expect an update in the next day or two.

That's what rev said...

I probably won't continue Warped, btw.

Excuse me?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 2:25:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 1:32:29 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:31:30 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:30:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:29:49 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:29:23 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:28:50 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:24:29 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Oh, I see how it is.

Congrats on making it to 10k, btw.

Thank you.

Now you're just 1k behind me. <3

I don't count anything you've posted in the miscellaneous forum and any of your posts beginning with "y."

y u hate meh

Because Warped ended like 90% of all anime - unsatisfactorily and without resolution.

Like how rev's life will end if he doesn't continue writing...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
AngelofDeath
Posts: 2,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 2:33:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 1:29:24 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 11:00:24 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:46:54 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Thanks for the shout-out man! :) and you can expect an update in the next day or two.

That's what rev said...

I probably won't continue Warped, btw.

If you dont i swear i will rip your face off and feed it to you through your..... excretion hole....

ILY <3 ^_^
I may or may not be a cat
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 2:35:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 2:33:52 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:29:24 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 11:00:24 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:46:54 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Thanks for the shout-out man! :) and you can expect an update in the next day or two.

That's what rev said...

I probably won't continue Warped, btw.

If you dont i swear i will rip your face off and feed it to you through your..... excretion hole....

ILY <3 ^_^

OMG BB I <3 U
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
AngelofDeath
Posts: 2,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 2:36:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 2:35:19 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 6/6/2015 2:33:52 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:29:24 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 11:00:24 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:46:54 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Thanks for the shout-out man! :) and you can expect an update in the next day or two.

That's what rev said...

I probably won't continue Warped, btw.

If you dont i swear i will rip your face off and feed it to you through your..... excretion hole....

ILY <3 ^_^

OMG BB I <3 U

<3 u moar love ;*
I may or may not be a cat
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 2:37:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 2:36:32 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
At 6/6/2015 2:35:19 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 6/6/2015 2:33:52 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:29:24 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 11:00:24 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:46:54 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Thanks for the shout-out man! :) and you can expect an update in the next day or two.

That's what rev said...

I probably won't continue Warped, btw.

If you dont i swear i will rip your face off and feed it to you through your..... excretion hole....

ILY <3 ^_^

OMG BB I <3 U

<3 u moar love ;*

<3 u mostest
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
AngelofDeath
Posts: 2,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2015 2:38:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/6/2015 2:37:00 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 6/6/2015 2:36:32 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
At 6/6/2015 2:35:19 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 6/6/2015 2:33:52 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
At 6/6/2015 1:29:24 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 6/6/2015 11:00:24 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 6/6/2015 10:46:54 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Thanks for the shout-out man! :) and you can expect an update in the next day or two.

That's what rev said...

I probably won't continue Warped, btw.

If you dont i swear i will rip your face off and feed it to you through your..... excretion hole....

ILY <3 ^_^

OMG BB I <3 U

<3 u moar love ;*

<3 u mostest

<3 u more mostestest
I may or may not be a cat