Jump to topic:

Yo. Someone debate me on this shiz

ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 6:29:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Or a similar topic. Let me know if you're interested or want to change an aspect of the resolution.

MBTI Meyer Briggs personality assessments should not be used by businesses as a part of their hiring decisions.

Also, if there's another topic you might want to do against me, message me. I want to try to get another debate in, probably.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 12:28:44 AM
At 6/10/2015 6:29:15 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
Or a similar topic. Let me know if you're interested or want to change an aspect of the resolution.

MBTI Meyer Briggs personality assessments should not be used by businesses as a part of their hiring decisions.

Also, if there's another topic you might want to do against me, message me. I want to try to get another debate in, probably.

Is this resolution even debatable? Job interviews make such an impersonal, easily-manipulated assessment completely redundant.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 4:16:41 AM
At 6/11/2015 12:28:44 AM, Romanii wrote:

Is this resolution even debatable? Job interviews make such an impersonal, easily-manipulated assessment completely redundant.

I wonder if it's just an idiot test to weed out retarded people. When I applied at Walmart it would ask me several variations of the same question, for example;

Is it okay to steal stuff never sometimes or always.

Is it okay to steal office supplies, such a as a pencil sometimes, never or always?

Is it okay to take 5 minutes extra on your lunch sometimes never or always?

Should thrives be forgiven, sometimes always or never?

All of which are basically meant to ask you if you're a thief and then there are the following questions.

Is it okay to ever deviate from safe work practices (10 variations of same question, which I answer no too, but still do dangerous stuff, because I couldn't get through as much work without doing so)

But, believe it or not. There are people I've seen cry for failing these hiring tests. Those people should be eliminated from the gene pool.

Then they go from super easy hiring test to less super easy idiot tests for promotion, which only an idiot would fail. The test is meant to make sure somebody overly retarded isn't promoted, but I've literally seen management help people take the test because they were too dumb to pass it.

I've asked them, why in the hell would they help somebody pass an idiot test, meant to prevent retards from being promoted to a level they'll be incompetent at. Then they inform me that only idiots that are too stupid to pass the test have applied for that particular promotion. They wish non idiots would apply, but ofcourse very few non idiots are interested in making Wal-Mart a career and moving up.

Who would've thunk it.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 9:41:53 AM

Given that a lot of companies use it for exactly that purpose, I'd say yes, there's probably good reasons to support it. A lot of people I talk to say that it reveals information about the person that doesn't readily come out in interviews, and sales teams often use it for new hires. I'm not trying to write your arguments for you though.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 9:46:06 AM
At 6/11/2015 4:16:41 AM, Wylted wrote:

I wonder if it's just an idiot test to weed out retarded people. When I applied at Walmart it would ask me several variations of the same question, for example;

Is it okay to steal office supplies, such a as a pencil sometimes, never or always?

All of which are basically meant to ask you if you're a thief and then there are the following questions.

Is it okay to ever deviate from safe work practices (10 variations of same question, which I answer no too, but still do dangerous stuff, because I couldn't get through as much work without doing so)

But, believe it or not. There are people I've seen cry for failing these hiring tests. Those people should be eliminated from the gene pool.

Then they go from super easy hiring test to less super easy idiot tests for promotion, which only an idiot would fail. The test is meant to make sure somebody overly retarded isn't promoted, but I've literally seen management help people take the test because they were too dumb to pass it.

I've asked them, why in the hell would they help somebody pass an idiot test, meant to prevent retards from being promoted to a level they'll be incompetent at. Then they inform me that only idiots that are too stupid to pass the test have applied for that particular promotion. They wish non idiots would apply, but ofcourse very few non idiots are interested in making Wal-Mart a career and moving up.

Who would've thunk it.

LOL see this is why compulsory voting sucks... I don't want people like that to vote. Ever.

This reminds me of stupid gun control regulations that require you to answer the question "Are you a fugitive from the law?" before buying a gun >.>
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 11:08:54 AM
At 6/11/2015 4:16:41 AM, Wylted wrote:

I think the trick is to argue for ethical nihilism and use murder as an example when explaining it. That way they understand you believe even murder isn't immoral or moral. This will cause fear and pretty soon you'll own the whole Walmart. You can then establish a dictatorship within the Walmart and work your way up to conquering bigger things.

Who would've thunk it.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.