mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 8:03:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
South Park

BY FAR
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 8:08:44 PM
Futurama is my favourite cartoon.

I absolutely HATE Peter Griffin, so I'd rank South Park higher. There are elements of Family Guy I like though. Lois is hot. Stewie and Brian are great characters.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 8:38:05 PM
South Park

This isn't even a contest.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 8:45:51 PM
South Parks' humor makes me laugh more, so I'd vote South Park. But Stewie is definitely the best character between the two.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 9:21:18 PM
The Simpsons deserve the most credit (at least, the first 10 seasons), and Trey Parker & Matt Stone are the first to admit it.

But between FG and SP, the better show is South Park. No contest.

The first 3-4 seasons of Family Guy were funny, but even then, it was still better and more clever the first time---when it was called "The Simpsons."
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 10:00:51 PM
Most recent episodes of South Park are lame.
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 7:33:39 AM
It's close, really close but I think Family Guy gets my vote because it works on some many different levels.

I wonder why they gave Stewie an English accent and a gay teddy though? What are they trying to say?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 11:18:42 AM
South Park >> Family Guy.

But I'm going to take this opportunity to rant a little bit.

Nothing in the history of television even comes close to the first 6 seasons of The Simpsons </exaggeration>. Absolutely brilliant comedy with subtle intricacies that I never understood as a kid. Of course, it was straight downhill after the 10th season.

Family Guy had it right for the first 4 seasons, then they went way too far with the absolutely pointless side stories and forced jokes. It just isn't funny anymore.

South Park still hasn't gotten old. Although the current season hasn't been quite as good as previous ones, I'd make the generalization that overall, it's become better and better with each season. The fact that so much of the humour is tied into current events and requires some amount of thought and understanding makes it that much funnier.

Futurama gets a nod too. The original 5 seasons (or 4 depending on how you count them) were great. The movies had their moments, but kind of sucked in comparison to the original episodes, so I hope that the new season picks up where the last one left off, and has nothing to do with the movies.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 4:30:49 PM
Admittedly, I only watch all of these shows pretty sporadically (never entire seasons) so my perspective is limited. Honestly though, I hate Futurama even though one of my fraternity brothers is the voice of Bender. I find all of these shows a bit annoying as I'm not a huge fan of cartoons, but from my experience, South Park definitely makes me laugh more than Family Guy!

South Park is also more controversial - making it even funnier, and a lot more memorable. I can barely remember a funny Family Guy moment, though there are countless episodes of South Park that really made me lol. I also like the content better as it deals with current events like someone said; have you seen the "They took our jobs!" episode? Hahah.
President of DDO
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 5:02:39 PM
At 8/12/2010 11:18:42 AM, MikeLoviN wrote:
South Park >> Family Guy.

But I'm going to take this opportunity to rant a little bit.

Nothing in the history of television even comes close to the first 6 seasons of The Simpsons </exaggeration>. Absolutely brilliant comedy with subtle intricacies that I never understood as a kid. Of course, it was straight downhill after the 10th season.

Family Guy had it right for the first 4 seasons, then they went way too far with the absolutely pointless side stories and forced jokes. It just isn't funny anymore.

South Park still hasn't gotten old. Although the current season hasn't been quite as good as previous ones, I'd make the generalization that overall, it's become better and better with each season. The fact that so much of the humour is tied into current events and requires some amount of thought and understanding makes it that much funnier.

Futurama gets a nod too. The original 5 seasons (or 4 depending on how you count them) were great. The movies had their moments, but kind of sucked in comparison to the original episodes, so I hope that the new season picks up where the last one left off, and has nothing to do with the movies.

Go. Download. It. Now.

The new season is AWESOME!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 7:29:28 PM
At 8/12/2010 4:30:49 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Admittedly, I only watch all of these shows pretty sporadically (never entire seasons) so my perspective is limited. Honestly though, I hate Futurama even though one of my fraternity brothers is the voice of Bender. I find all of these shows a bit annoying as I'm not a huge fan of cartoons, but from my experience, South Park definitely makes me laugh more than Family Guy!

South Park is also more controversial - making it even funnier, and a lot more memorable. I can barely remember a funny Family Guy moment, though there are countless episodes of South Park that really made me lol. I also like the content better as it deals with current events like someone said; have you seen the "They took our jobs!" episode? Hahah.

i love futurama and tell that guy he's a legend.
signature
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 7:30:42 PM
wow. i guess i am a minority but i just enjoy family guy more. south park is funny, fo sho, but i think its too blatant sometimes... its like they're trying too hard to be shocking. as for futurama, its decent, but i wouldn't go out of my way to watch it.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 7:31:59 PM
south park takes it for me. that medicianl marijuana episode was probably the funniest piece of television i've ever seen. i hate family guy.
signature
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 7:33:35 PM
At 8/12/2010 7:31:59 PM, badger wrote:
south park takes it for me. that medicianl marijuana episode was probably the funniest piece of television i've ever seen. i hate family guy.

Thank you.
MTGandP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 10:47:52 PM
I think Stewie and Brian are the best characters in either show (especially Stewie), but Family Guy has a lot of bad characters. South Park is more intelligent. I like both shows, when I'm looking for funny and immature entertainment.

As others have mentioned, The Simpsons is much better than either (although IMO it is less laugh-out-loud funny).
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 10:49:14 PM
At 8/12/2010 10:47:52 PM, MTGandP wrote:
I think Stewie and Brian are the best characters in either show (especially Stewie), but Family Guy has a lot of bad characters. South Park is more intelligent. I like both shows, when I'm looking for funny and immature entertainment.

As others have mentioned, The Simpsons is much better than either (although IMO it is less laugh-out-loud funny).

That's what I said! *high five*