Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

cjl banned

Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 7:42:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Hey, what happened to cjl? I can't really say that I miss him, but I'm curious about what happened.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
burningpuppies101
Posts: 1,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 7:44:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
he's that new troll, right? last i heard, he was gone, but of course supposedly he just closed his account. he could be back, i dunno
Omnes te moriturum amant 

http://www.debate.org...
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 7:47:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Why are we talking about someone who doesn't exist? There was never a cjl on this board, and it doesn't look like there ever will be.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 7:47:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/11/2010 7:47:19 PM, mongeese wrote:
Why are we talking about someone who doesn't exist? There was never a cjl on this board, and it doesn't look like there ever will be.

How 1984-esque. :P
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 7:59:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/11/2010 7:47:19 PM, mongeese wrote:
Why are we talking about someone who doesn't exist? There was never a cjl on this board, and it doesn't look like there ever will be.

Hopefully people will catch on that the point is to not give attention to the attention-seeker.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 8:01:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/11/2010 7:59:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/11/2010 7:47:19 PM, mongeese wrote:
Why are we talking about someone who doesn't exist? There was never a cjl on this board, and it doesn't look like there ever will be.

Hopefully people will catch on that the point is to not give attention to the attention-seeker.

Give attention to who?
kfc
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 8:01:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/11/2010 7:59:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/11/2010 7:47:19 PM, mongeese wrote:
Why are we talking about someone who doesn't exist? There was never a cjl on this board, and it doesn't look like there ever will be.

Hopefully people will catch on that the point is to not give attention to the attention-seeker.

What attention-seeker? There are no attention-seekers on this board.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2010 8:36:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I think he was banned for posting porn on my profile. They cleared it off last night, after he was banned.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2010 8:15:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/11/2010 7:59:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/11/2010 7:47:19 PM, mongeese wrote:
Why are we talking about someone who doesn't exist? There was never a cjl on this board, and it doesn't look like there ever will be.

Hopefully people will catch on that the point is to not give attention to the attention-seeker.

Thank you.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 2:28:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Ok, now that Cjl is gone can we have a remove Zeitgeist campaign? That guy literally makes me want to smash my computer to pieces in rage.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 2:38:41 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/16/2010 2:28:11 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Ok, now that Cjl is gone can we have a remove Zeitgeist campaign? That guy literally makes me want to smash my computer to pieces in rage.

I'm telling you that you don't want to make the site just for people you like. It ruins the site, and it ruined that other site that i used to belong to. Everyone on that site is the same and it is incredibly dull. Tolerance for this stuff is better for the site. Don't get me wrong, abuse him as he abuses others, but to actively put a campaign to remove people is not something that is good for the site in my humble opinion.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 2:40:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/16/2010 2:38:41 AM, innomen wrote:
At 8/16/2010 2:28:11 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Ok, now that Cjl is gone can we have a remove Zeitgeist campaign? That guy literally makes me want to smash my computer to pieces in rage.

I'm telling you that you don't want to make the site just for people you like. It ruins the site, and it ruined that other site that i used to belong to. Everyone on that site is the same and it is incredibly dull. Tolerance for this stuff is better for the site. Don't get me wrong, abuse him as he abuses others, but to actively put a campaign to remove people is not something that is good for the site in my humble opinion.

The guy is a bigot racist who makes me sick to the stomach and has no place here.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 2:43:20 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/16/2010 2:40:42 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/16/2010 2:38:41 AM, innomen wrote:
At 8/16/2010 2:28:11 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Ok, now that Cjl is gone can we have a remove Zeitgeist campaign? That guy literally makes me want to smash my computer to pieces in rage.

I'm telling you that you don't want to make the site just for people you like. It ruins the site, and it ruined that other site that i used to belong to. Everyone on that site is the same and it is incredibly dull. Tolerance for this stuff is better for the site. Don't get me wrong, abuse him as he abuses others, but to actively put a campaign to remove people is not something that is good for the site in my humble opinion.

The guy is a bigot racist who makes me sick to the stomach and has no place here.

How's this, challenge him on a topic. He's not a bigot.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 2:43:59 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/16/2010 2:43:20 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 8/16/2010 2:40:42 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/16/2010 2:38:41 AM, innomen wrote:
At 8/16/2010 2:28:11 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Ok, now that Cjl is gone can we have a remove Zeitgeist campaign? That guy literally makes me want to smash my computer to pieces in rage.

I'm telling you that you don't want to make the site just for people you like. It ruins the site, and it ruined that other site that i used to belong to. Everyone on that site is the same and it is incredibly dull. Tolerance for this stuff is better for the site. Don't get me wrong, abuse him as he abuses others, but to actively put a campaign to remove people is not something that is good for the site in my humble opinion.

The guy is a bigot racist who makes me sick to the stomach and has no place here.

How's this, challenge him on a topic. He's not a bigot.

Have you ever actually talked to him? He is.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 7:15:09 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/16/2010 2:43:59 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:

The guy is a bigot racist who makes me sick to the stomach and has no place here.

How's this, challenge him on a topic. He's not a bigot.

Have you ever actually talked to him? He is.

Yeah, he is filled with hate, but I still think that it's better to oppose him in the forums than actually try and drum someone out. I don't even respond to him or a couple others because there is no point, nothing beneficial comes from it. I just think that tolerance for this stuff is better than an active campaign to remove people. You do not want a site that is filled with people that are just like you. It's boring, and its even a little hypocritical.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2010 7:28:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/16/2010 7:15:09 AM, innomen wrote:
At 8/16/2010 2:43:59 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:

The guy is a bigot racist who makes me sick to the stomach and has no place here.

How's this, challenge him on a topic. He's not a bigot.

Have you ever actually talked to him? He is.

Yeah, he is filled with hate, but I still think that it's better to oppose him in the forums than actually try and drum someone out. I don't even respond to him or a couple others because there is no point, nothing beneficial comes from it. I just think that tolerance for this stuff is better than an active campaign to remove people. You do not want a site that is filled with people that are just like you. It's boring, and its even a little hypocritical.

I see his point. Just ignore that guy. Its easier then if you had to live with him and ppl keep telling me to do that with my parents.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave