Jump to topic:

DDO's Most Manipulative *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 9:37:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have a very important question to ask you people here. Now we have seen a lot of things on this forum. Who do you think without a shadow of a doubt is the most
manipulating or manipulative person on DDO. Think long and hard on this one.
Who is the person or persons that come to your mind. Can you take a guess. =)
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 9:53:42 AM
That's a good question. But what does it mean to be manipulative, anyway? I mean how do you differentiate between a person who is persuasive and a person who is manipulative?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 10:39:09 AM
I can be kinda manipulative, unfortunately, but I doubt I'm the most on this site. XD
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 10:45:23 AM
At 6/17/2015 9:37:53 AM, inferno wrote:
I have a very important question to ask you people here. Now we have seen a lot of things on this forum. Who do you think without a shadow of a doubt is the most

Preston.

http://www.debate.org...
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 11:54:11 AM
At 6/17/2015 9:53:42 AM, philochristos wrote:
That's a good question. But what does it mean to be manipulative, anyway? I mean how do you differentiate between a person who is persuasive and a person who is manipulative?

You know. That person who always tries to one up everyone here. Wins friends and stabs them in the back ,and so on. The slimeball of DDO. Or balls. =)
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 12:05:02 PM

It's me
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 12:27:15 PM
At 6/17/2015 12:05:02 PM, sadolite wrote:

It's me

You might need to work on your skills then.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 12:28:24 PM
Hmmm..me don't know.

Or maybe have one particular person in mind but I'll keep it to myself.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 12:50:38 PM
At 6/17/2015 12:28:24 PM, Emilrose wrote:
Hmmm..me don't know.

Is it EmilyRose.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 12:51:02 PM

It's me

Why do you say that.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 1:56:40 PM
At 6/17/2015 12:50:38 PM, inferno wrote:
Hmmm..me don't know.

Is it EmilyRose.

*Emil, and no! Absolutely not! *innocent face*

9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 2:19:35 PM
At 6/17/2015 1:56:40 PM, Emilrose wrote:
Hmmm..me don't know.

Is it EmilyRose.

We could argue that Emily has some manipulative parts, but technically the better debater would be able to manipulate people better, don't you think? On the other hand, people relations could also have a part on how "manipulative" you are. For example, let's take Imabench's infamous Poop is DNA debate. Who had more powerful debate prowess? Neither really directly contested each other, and each came up with equally good evidence for each of their contentions in my opinion. However, Imabench made a good story and presented his case in a way to construct relations with other people, hence being able to manipulate the votes much better than his poor opponent. This shows that although your debating power does have some effect on your ability to manipulate, I think it's more about how close you are to the people and how willing they are to follow your orders.

Therefore, I say the moderators are the most manipulative, being the ones with the most power. You don't want to get on their wrong side. They say something, and most likely you'll go along with them. You'll agree. You'll even help them along the way. But on the other hand, are we talking about "manipulative" in a negative connotation? After all, it IS mostly used in a negative way. You don't really say "Mahatmas Gandhi was manipulative", you say "Gandhi was influential", he had power and control over the masses. If we're talking about negative manipulation, perhaps we'll need to go into mafia games, the only area where it's absolutely necessary, and most shown of true "manipulation"; showing that you're town, showing how others are mafia, and convincing others by "reading" them and providing hints. In those cases, the best of the best are Danielle, Bluesteel, along others.

If you really weren't thinking about either true power within the hands of the moderators, or even manipulative in a negative sense, then I say that the people who are most manipulative are the most popular. Mikal was influential enough to have many people kindly donate money to him. Imabench has many views on his Youtube channel and is liked by everyone in general, even if some people dislike him for his reign as a troll king. BSH 1 has the attention of YYW and vice versa, and both debaters having debate prowess and being nice to everyone else earns them a quite good influence, especially on threads. Or maybe it's just about what topic people are talking about. If you talk a topic that's controversial, you may be able to move many people on the fence over with convincing arguments. It really depends on what you mean, you know.
Equestrian election

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 2:33:34 PM
At 6/17/2015 2:25:32 PM, XLAV wrote:
Me.

I'm actually girl that acts like a guy in the forums and uses a voice changer in hangouts.

That's not really manipulative [one who manipulates]. That's just trickery and stealth. There's a difference between a thief and a con man. [Or woman, in your case]
Equestrian election

TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 2:41:25 PM
The truth is....you don't know the most manipulative person on DDO is....If you knew of their manipulation then would they really still have the power to do so? No....no my friends, the most manipulative person on DDO is unseen yet he controls all, is it THE DDO ELITE?? no...manipulative means secretive, and the DDO elite are much to flashy, we cannot know who the manipulative person is by definition of them being the most manipulative person! He could be any one of us, he could be none of us. He could be multiple of us right now, using us slyly through 10 alt accounts to bend us to his or her sick desires....most likely to vote on his or debates.....I myself could be the manipulative mastermind of DDO! You may wonder, 'but why would you out yourself?' to which I must respond that maybe I WANT you to think that??? DDO is a spooky place isn't it guys....

that was my fun for the day... XD
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 2:42:30 PM
At 6/17/2015 2:19:35 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
Hmmm..me don't know.

Is it EmilyRose.

We could argue that Emily has some manipulative parts, but technically the better debater would be able to manipulate people better, don't you think?

Ooh, could we now? ;) I think maybe I'd agree..., at least *some* manipulative parts..

I agree that to be a good debater you have to have the ability to manipulate a little; and at least the power to make things go in your favour.

On the other hand, people relations could also have a part on how "manipulative" you are. For example, let's take Imabench's infamous Poop is DNA debate. Who had more powerful debate prowess? Neither really directly contested each other, and each came up with equally good evidence for each of their contentions in my opinion. However, Imabench made a good story and presented his case in a way to construct relations with other people, hence being able to manipulate the votes much better than his poor opponent. This shows that although your debating power does have some effect on your ability to manipulate, I think it's more about how close you are to the people and how willing they are to follow your orders.

Therefore, I say the moderators are the most manipulative, being the ones with the most power. You don't want to get on their wrong side. They say something, and most likely you'll go along with them. You'll agree. You'll even help them along the way. But on the other hand, are we talking about "manipulative" in a negative connotation? After all, it IS mostly used in a negative way. You don't really say "Mahatmas Gandhi was manipulative", you say "Gandhi was influential", he had power and control over the masses. If we're talking about negative manipulation, perhaps we'll need to go into mafia games, the only area where it's absolutely necessary, and most shown of true "manipulation"; showing that you're town, showing how others are mafia, and convincing others by "reading" them and providing hints. In those cases, the best of the best are Danielle, Bluesteel, along others.

If you really weren't thinking about either true power within the hands of the moderators, or even manipulative in a negative sense, then I say that the people who are most manipulative are the most popular. Mikal was influential enough to have many people kindly donate money to him. Imabench has many views on his Youtube channel and is liked by everyone in general, even if some people dislike him for his reign as a troll king. BSH 1 has the attention of YYW and vice versa, and both debaters having debate prowess and being nice to everyone else earns them a quite good influence, especially on threads. Or maybe it's just about what topic people are talking about. If you talk a topic that's controversial, you may be able to move many people on the fence over with convincing arguments. It really depends on what you mean, you know.

9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 2:44:39 PM
At 6/17/2015 2:42:30 PM, Emilrose wrote:
Hmmm..me don't know.

Is it EmilyRose.

We could argue that Emily has some manipulative parts, but technically the better debater would be able to manipulate people better, don't you think?

Ooh, could we now? ;) I think maybe I'd agree..., at least *some* manipulative parts..

I agree that to be a good debater you have to have the ability to manipulate a little; and at least the power to make things go in your favour.
Indeed, and also--interestingly enough when I try to think in an alternative way ["Jack McGonnell"] I seem to always lose the debate. I think when I try to think on a higher level I think too logically and too one-sided, even though ironically "jack" is supposed to think about THE WORLD and ALL SIDES of the debate, not just one side.

On the other hand, people relations could also have a part on how "manipulative" you are. For example, let's take Imabench's infamous Poop is DNA debate. Who had more powerful debate prowess? Neither really directly contested each other, and each came up with equally good evidence for each of their contentions in my opinion. However, Imabench made a good story and presented his case in a way to construct relations with other people, hence being able to manipulate the votes much better than his poor opponent. This shows that although your debating power does have some effect on your ability to manipulate, I think it's more about how close you are to the people and how willing they are to follow your orders.

Equestrian election

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 2:51:19 PM
At 6/17/2015 2:44:39 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
Hmmm..me don't know.

Is it EmilyRose.

Indeed, and also--interestingly enough when I try to think in an alternative way ["Jack McGonnell"] I seem to always lose the debate. I think when I try to think on a higher level I think too logically and too one-sided, even though ironically "jack" is supposed to think about THE WORLD and ALL SIDES of the debate, not just one side.

Ja I know what you mean, though that can be a good way for some I personally try to avoid it. Generally it's good to simply think about the one side [I.E yours] and just look at the debate as a win/lose thing--that helps you focus on your own arguments but also to attack the other persons. It benefits to be slightly ruthless ^^

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 3:05:16 PM
At 6/17/2015 2:41:25 PM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
The truth is....you don't know the most manipulative person on DDO is....If you knew of their manipulation then would they really still have the power to do so? No....no my friends, the most manipulative person on DDO is unseen yet he controls all, is it THE DDO ELITE?? no...manipulative means secretive, and the DDO elite are much to flashy, we cannot know who the manipulative person is by definition of them being the most manipulative person! He could be any one of us, he could be none of us. He could be multiple of us right now, using us slyly through 10 alt accounts to bend us to his or her sick desires....most likely to vote on his or debates.....I myself could be the manipulative mastermind of DDO! You may wonder, 'but why would you out yourself?' to which I must respond that maybe I WANT you to think that??? DDO is a spooky place isn't it guys....

that was my fun for the day... XD

I find your response intriguing. Even the most nicest of people can be the most evil. In spite of the Elites presentation a confident fool is very dangerous. He can make the people who you thought liked you against you. Although this strategy has been used towards me on this site before, it has failed miserably. Hence the AnCap war
from days gone by. =)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 3:06:22 PM
At 6/17/2015 2:51:19 PM, Emilrose wrote:
Hmmm..me don't know.

Is it EmilyRose.

Ja I know what you mean, though that can be a good way for some I personally try to avoid it. Generally it's good to simply think about the one side [I.E yours] and just look at the debate as a win/lose thing--that helps you focus on your own arguments but also to attack the other persons. It benefits to be slightly ruthless ^^

Well you say many good things. But are you really a female, or are you a male pretending to be one instead.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 3:08:07 PM
At 6/17/2015 3:06:22 PM, inferno wrote:
Hmmm..me don't know.

Is it EmilyRose.

Well you say many good things. But are you really a female, or are you a male pretending to be one instead.

Oh no, I'm a female and this is MY picture. Unless you meant 9spaceking...

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 3:31:17 PM
At 6/17/2015 3:08:07 PM, Emilrose wrote:
Hmmm..me don't know.

Is it EmilyRose.

Well okay then.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 3:39:32 PM
At 6/17/2015 3:31:17 PM, inferno wrote:
At 6/17/2015 3:08:07 PM, Emilrose wrote:
Hmmm..me don't know.

Is it EmilyRose.

Well okay then.

So you did mean 9spaceking? hm.....

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 4:12:14 PM

Any name that comes to mind, can easily be disregarded. As that is the nature of manipulation.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 4:15:43 PM
I'd argue that it's Airmax, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing, nor would anyone believe me. It's not really fair to say anyone who chooses their words so carefully and is so guarded, isn't manipulative though.
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 4:16:31 PM
At 6/17/2015 11:54:11 AM, inferno wrote:

You know. That person who always tries to one up everyone here. Wins friends and stabs them in the back ,and so on. The slimeball of DDO. Or balls. =)

Mikal
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 4:30:55 PM
At 6/17/2015 4:16:31 PM, Varrack wrote:

Mikal

Dude is gay. He went out of his way to mention "balls" at the end of his post, and then added a smiley face to it.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 5:18:39 PM
At 6/17/2015 4:30:55 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/17/2015 4:16:31 PM, Varrack wrote:

Mikal

Dude is gay. He went out of his way to mention "balls" at the end of his post, and then added a smiley face to it.

I was hoping youd fall into my trap. I said balls just so you could suck on them like you just did. Are you happy now. =)
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 5:29:33 PM
At 6/17/2015 12:51:02 PM, inferno wrote:

It's me

Why do you say that.

I get people banned
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 5:57:50 PM
At 6/17/2015 5:29:33 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 6/17/2015 12:51:02 PM, inferno wrote:

It's me

Why do you say that.

I get people banned

Is this something you are proud of. If so then that would be considered manipulative. =)