Jump to topic:

Global Warming

paininthenuts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 5:01:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It's a complex subject, and don't I claim to be an expert in it. I have heard many arguments between so called scholars, who have totally different opinions. Some say it's just cyclical, and has very little to do with humans, others say there actually hasn't been any warming for 10 years, whilst some say we have destroyed the world, and its all gone to far. One thing is for certain, governments all over the world are using it as a money spinner. What I do find strange is that the worlds population is meant to be rising to about 9 billion from 7 billion by the year 2030, and there doesn't appear to be any plans to control this. In actual fact, if you listen to the UK government they speak about it as if it is a good thing. All these extra people are going to be driving cars, travelling by plain, eating meat, and farting etc. For God's sake, if we are meant to be worrying about the planet, surely we need to be reducing the Worlds population, not increasing it !!
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 11:35:39 AM
At 6/22/2015 5:01:09 AM, paininthenuts wrote:
It's a complex subject, and don't I claim to be an expert in it. I have heard many arguments between so called scholars, who have totally different opinions. Some say it's just cyclical, and has very little to do with humans, others say there actually hasn't been any warming for 10 years, whilst some say we have destroyed the world, and its all gone to far. One thing is for certain, governments all over the world are using it as a money spinner. What I do find strange is that the worlds population is meant to be rising to about 9 billion from 7 billion by the year 2030, and there doesn't appear to be any plans to control this. In actual fact, if you listen to the UK government they speak about it as if it is a good thing. All these extra people are going to be driving cars, travelling by plain, eating meat, and farting etc. For God's sake, if we are meant to be worrying about the planet, surely we need to be reducing the Worlds population, not increasing it !!

put this in the political or environmental section. Then I will convince you.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 12:05:58 PM
At 6/22/2015 11:35:39 AM, 16kadams wrote:

We have an envirnmental section?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 12:39:25 PM
At 6/22/2015 12:05:58 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/22/2015 11:35:39 AM, 16kadams wrote:

We have an envirnmental section?

I thought we did for some reason
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross