Jump to topic:

Revised July Beginner's Tournamnet

Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 2:58:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
( I realized I made a mistake on the last one, so if you wish to sign up, sign up on this thread)

Hello everybody and welcome to the July beginners tournament! I'm really hoping this tournament will go allot better then last months beginner tournament. (Allot of people had dropped out)

In this tournament, there will be a maximum of 8 competitors. I will also ask 4 people who have time to be sign up as a replacement incase a competitor drops out.

Requirements:

This is a beginners tournament. You are eligible if you have under 10 debates, or have a minimum ELO of 2,500.

Each competitors will have 7 days in between rounds to come up with a new topic. If you fail to do so, I will assign you a topic. Here is a website with some ideas for your debate (http://idebate.org......) (http://www.speechanddebate.org......)

Mentors

There will be a total of 4 members. I have already asked 4 experienced, well rounded members to help mentor. I'm just waiting for conformation from 3 of them. Each mentor will be assigned 2 competitors.

If you are having any issues with you mentor, please PM me and tell me why you should be appointed a new one. I will appoint a new mentor if needed.

(From the last thread, this is whom I have signed up so far)

SIGN-UPS

Beginner

1. TheOpinionist
2. Gmork
3. Hayd
4. Rev
5.sheridandebate

Replacements
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 3:00:44 PM
At 6/22/2015 2:58:10 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Requirements:

This is a beginners tournament. You are eligible if you have under 10 debates, or have a minimum ELO of 2,500.

Terrible requirements are terrible.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 3:02:28 PM
At 6/22/2015 3:00:44 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Requirements:

-_- stop.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 3:03:45 PM
* YOUR ELO MUST BE UNDER 2,500. :)
nac

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 3:06:38 PM
At 6/22/2015 3:02:28 PM, Lee001 wrote:
Requirements:

-_- stop.

I'm not even talking about your perceived mistakes. The flaws in your rules are blatantly obvious.

Lannan has 387 debates done. He can join the tournament against people who are completely new to the site.

However, someone with 11 debates and a 2,501 Elo cannot join.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 3:11:00 PM
At 6/22/2015 3:06:38 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Requirements:

-_- stop.

I'm not even talking about your perceived mistakes. The flaws in your rules are blatantly obvious.

Lannan has 387 debates done. He can join the tournament against people who are completely new to the site.

Well, the requirements now are fine.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 3:15:26 PM
At 6/22/2015 3:11:00 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 6/22/2015 3:06:38 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Requirements:

-_- stop.

Well, the requirements now are fine.

No, they're really not.

Can you really tell me I'm not a beginner? Some of my debates are one-round bullsh!t debates and one was non-voting and not really a debate at all. I really only have "debated" a couple times. But I cannot join, because I have 100 points of extra Elo, and 3 extra debates. Bullsh!t.

Note: I don't even want to join the tournament, I just think your rules are that bad.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 4:53:23 PM
At 6/22/2015 3:36:44 PM, debatability wrote:
Lannan needs to stop signing up for these, wtf

XD

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 4:53:51 PM

That's why I took him out and changed the requirements. He's too experienced.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 4:58:37 PM
At 6/22/2015 3:58:02 PM, Todd1520 wrote:
I'll sign up.

Okay, I'll sign you up. Please be sure to check your messages for the new few weeks. I will eventually tell you whom you will debate with first.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 4:58:59 PM
( I realized I made a mistake on the last one, so if you wish to sign up, sign up on this thread)

Hello everybody and welcome to the July beginners tournament! I'm really hoping this tournament will go allot better then last months beginner tournament. (Allot of people had dropped out)

In this tournament, there will be a maximum of 8 competitors. I will also ask 4 people who have time to be sign up as a replacement incase a competitor drops out.

Requirements:

Each competitors will have 7 days in between rounds to come up with a new topic. If you fail to do so, I will assign you a topic. Here is a website with some ideas for your debate (http://idebate.org......) (http://www.speechanddebate.org......)

Mentors

There will be a total of 4 members. I have already asked 4 experienced, well rounded members to help mentor. I'm just waiting for conformation from 3 of them. Each mentor will be assigned 2 competitors.

If you are having any issues with you mentor, please PM me and tell me why you should be appointed a new one. I will appoint a new mentor if needed.

SIGN-UPS

Beginner

1. TheOpinionist
2. Gmork
3. Hayd
4. Rev
5. sheridandebate
6. Todd1520

Replacements

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 5:04:55 PM
At 6/22/2015 5:04:16 PM, RevNge wrote:
*snickers at the topic*

Hey Rev, remember that chopstick I was telling you about??

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 5:11:20 PM
At 6/22/2015 5:04:55 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 6/22/2015 5:04:16 PM, RevNge wrote:
*snickers at the topic*

Hey Rev, remember that chopstick I was telling you about??

So much for being "innocent", lol.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 5:23:31 PM

Once I actually win a debate.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 9:30:25 PM

Agreed, he seems to try to get in every month :P
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 10:06:09 PM
At 6/22/2015 4:58:59 PM, Lee001 wrote:

Requirements:

Mentors

SIGN-UPS

Beginner

1. TheOpinionist
2. Gmork
3. Hayd
4. Rev
5. sheridandebate
6. Todd1520
7. UtherPenguin

Replacements

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 11:22:27 PM
At 6/22/2015 10:06:09 PM, Lee001 wrote:

Requirements:

Mentors

SIGN-UPS

Beginner

1. TheOpinionist
2. Gmork
3. Hayd
4. Rev
5. sheridandebate
6. Todd1520
7. UtherPenguin

Replacements
1. ClashnBoom
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
AdithyaShark
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 6:19:41 AM

Requirements:

Mentors

SIGN-UPS

Beginner

1. TheOpinionist
2. Gmork
3. Hayd
4. Rev
5. sheridandebate
6. Todd1520
7. UtherPenguin
8. AdithyaShark

Replacements
1. ClashnBoom
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 8:00:49 AM
I can mentor if needbe.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Nac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 10:57:56 AM
At 6/22/2015 3:03:45 PM, Lee001 wrote:
nac

You rang?

If it is at all possible, I would like to sign up for this debate tournament as a replacement.
I would still like to see how I can perform in this setting.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 11:56:59 AM
At 6/23/2015 10:57:56 AM, Nac wrote:
At 6/22/2015 3:03:45 PM, Lee001 wrote:
nac

You rang?

If it is at all possible, I would like to sign up for this debate tournament as a replacement.
I would still like to see how I can perform in this setting.

Lol, sure. I'll add you as a replacement.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 11:57:30 AM
At 6/23/2015 6:19:41 AM, AdithyaShark wrote:

Requirements:

Mentors

SIGN-UPS

Beginner

1. TheOpinionist
2. Gmork
3. Hayd
4. Rev
5. sheridandebate
6. Todd1520
7. UtherPenguin
8. AdithyaShark

Replacements
1. ClashnBoom
2. Nac

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Toviyah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 2:32:12 PM
At 6/23/2015 11:57:30 AM, Lee001 wrote:
At 6/23/2015 6:19:41 AM, AdithyaShark wrote:

Requirements:

Mentors

SIGN-UPS

Beginner

1. TheOpinionist
2. Gmork
3. Hayd
4. Rev
5. sheridandebate
6. Todd1520
7. UtherPenguin
8. AdithyaShark

Replacements
1. ClashnBoom
2. Nac
3. Toviyah
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 3:50:39 PM
At 6/23/2015 3:45:39 PM, TheOpinionist wrote:
Sides are chosen randomly, right?

No. I will post another forum in the next few days. You will then see whom you are up against, and who your mentor will be. You and your opponent have 7 days to come up with a topic, if you fail to do so, I will assign you a topic.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
TheOpinionist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2015 4:10:18 PM
At 6/23/2015 3:50:39 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 6/23/2015 3:45:39 PM, TheOpinionist wrote:
Sides are chosen randomly, right?

No. I will post another forum in the next few days. You will then see whom you are up against, and who your mentor will be. You and your opponent have 7 days to come up with a topic, if you fail to do so, I will assign you a topic.

So we collaborate with our opponent for the topic?