Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

First two posters choose a resolution*

ShabShoral
Posts: 4,199
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 3:12:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The first two posters who choose to do so can pick any resolution they want* and I must debate them on that resolution. Any legitimate topic is fine. I will take any side of an acceptable resolution.

*within reason - no non-serious topics or truisms
: At 10/2/2017 3:00:43 AM, YYW wrote:
: Bossy: You are Regina.

:Inferno wrote:
:You sound rather gay.

-- And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

"I believe that my powers of mind are surely such that I would have become in a
certain sense a resolver of all problems. I do not believe that I could have remained in
error anywhere for long. I believe that I would have earned the name of Redeemer,
because I had the nature of a Redeemer. "
ShabShoral
Posts: 4,199
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 3:56:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2015 3:54:15 AM, Mirza wrote:
Wrote too fast; I thought you wanted suggestions for a topic.

I'm assuming you don't want to debate it?
: At 10/2/2017 3:00:43 AM, YYW wrote:
: Bossy: You are Regina.

:Inferno wrote:
:You sound rather gay.

-- And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

"I believe that my powers of mind are surely such that I would have become in a
certain sense a resolver of all problems. I do not believe that I could have remained in
error anywhere for long. I believe that I would have earned the name of Redeemer,
because I had the nature of a Redeemer. "
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 3:59:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2015 3:56:55 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
I'm assuming you don't want to debate it?
No, not yet. Would you take the Pro position in case?
ShabShoral
Posts: 4,199
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 4:02:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2015 3:59:17 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/28/2015 3:56:55 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
I'm assuming you don't want to debate it?
No, not yet. Would you take the Pro position in case?

Like I said, I'm willing to take any position, even if I disagree with it. It's not as if there aren't a good deal of arguments for Pro that I could potentially use.
: At 10/2/2017 3:00:43 AM, YYW wrote:
: Bossy: You are Regina.

:Inferno wrote:
:You sound rather gay.

-- And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

"I believe that my powers of mind are surely such that I would have become in a
certain sense a resolver of all problems. I do not believe that I could have remained in
error anywhere for long. I believe that I would have earned the name of Redeemer,
because I had the nature of a Redeemer. "
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 4:03:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2015 4:02:14 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
Like I said, I'm willing to take any position, even if I disagree with it. It's not as if there aren't a good deal of arguments for Pro that I could potentially use.
I'll remember that Sir.
tejretics
Posts: 6,805
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 6:41:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2015 3:12:17 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
The first two posters who choose to do so can pick any resolution they want* and I must debate them on that resolution. Any legitimate topic is fine. I will take any side of an acceptable resolution.

*within reason - no non-serious topics or truisms

Second poster.

Resolved: Mankind is probably the main cause of global warming in current times.

Me as Pro.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass

http://gotejas.com...
ShabShoral
Posts: 4,199
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 8:23:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2015 6:41:23 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 6/28/2015 3:12:17 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
The first two posters who choose to do so can pick any resolution they want* and I must debate them on that resolution. Any legitimate topic is fine. I will take any side of an acceptable resolution.

*within reason - no non-serious topics or truisms

Second poster.

Resolved: Mankind is probably the main cause of global warming in current times.

Me as Pro.

Let's do it. Send the challenge using standard rules (i.e. No trolling, forfeiting, etc - don't artificially limit arguments though).
: At 10/2/2017 3:00:43 AM, YYW wrote:
: Bossy: You are Regina.

:Inferno wrote:
:You sound rather gay.

-- And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

"I believe that my powers of mind are surely such that I would have become in a
certain sense a resolver of all problems. I do not believe that I could have remained in
error anywhere for long. I believe that I would have earned the name of Redeemer,
because I had the nature of a Redeemer. "
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 11:42:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2015 3:12:17 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
The first two posters who choose to do so can pick any resolution they want* and I must debate them on that resolution. Any legitimate topic is fine. I will take any side of an acceptable resolution.

*within reason - no non-serious topics or truisms

Define non-serious.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
ShabShoral
Posts: 4,199
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 5:25:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2015 11:42:48 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 6/28/2015 3:12:17 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
The first two posters who choose to do so can pick any resolution they want* and I must debate them on that resolution. Any legitimate topic is fine. I will take any side of an acceptable resolution.

*within reason - no non-serious topics or truisms

Define non-serious.

"Airmax is a robot" is non-serious, while a topic like "X TV show is better than Y" is serious.
: At 10/2/2017 3:00:43 AM, YYW wrote:
: Bossy: You are Regina.

:Inferno wrote:
:You sound rather gay.

-- And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

"I believe that my powers of mind are surely such that I would have become in a
certain sense a resolver of all problems. I do not believe that I could have remained in
error anywhere for long. I believe that I would have earned the name of Redeemer,
because I had the nature of a Redeemer. "
ShabShoral
Posts: 4,199
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 7:56:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'll extend this to two/three more people (depending on if Mirza decides to debate or not)
: At 10/2/2017 3:00:43 AM, YYW wrote:
: Bossy: You are Regina.

:Inferno wrote:
:You sound rather gay.

-- And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

"I believe that my powers of mind are surely such that I would have become in a
certain sense a resolver of all problems. I do not believe that I could have remained in
error anywhere for long. I believe that I would have earned the name of Redeemer,
because I had the nature of a Redeemer. "