Jump to topic:

Fanfiction: Airmax vs. Mikal (1/8)

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 9:27:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
To Airmax, Mikal and the rest of the DDO community. Thanks for having me.

Airmax vs. Mikal (a DDO fanfic)

In an alternate universe, far from our world.

INSIDE the house of MIKAL corporations - Biotechnology and medical advancements.

MIKAL sits on his bed, quiet and alone in a one story beach house. The bed is empty. He has an ear piece in his left ear.

He's looking out the window and gazing at the stars and the deep blue ocean.

(Voice on the phone)

"Hey, Mikal, you there? I told you already, the MAX wants your weapons asap by sunrise. Indonesia ain't gonna save itself."

-- When did things get this bad? --

(Mikal)

"Yeah, I'll be there. Will take me a solid four hours. Same place as always?"

The phone cackles with static.

(Voice)

"Yeah" Meet you at the station. I gotta go. MAX is calling for an all Super-force emergency meeting. Serious stuff. And you're invited, obviously. I just wish Envi could be there too..."

Pause.

(Mikal)

"We don't talk about the Fallen, remember?"

(Voice)

"Yeah... Anyway, I'll see you there."

The phone call ends.

Mikal sighs.

-- you didn't deserve to die Envi. Not like that. --

Brief flashes of Envisage's dismembered body come to his mind. Mikal shakes his head.

-- No. Not today. --

OUTSIDE, high in the clouds of Antartica.

Mikal flies, jet propulsions keeping him stable. He's wearing a grey and white armoured suit with aluminium retractable wings and rocket boosters on his legs to move him forward through the dense clouds.

Mikal lands on ice and snow. His spiked aluminium boots blows off chunks of snow.

He stares at the massive cabon nanotube walls of the fortress in front of him.

INSIDE the fortress aka The Red Station - The Hall of Respect

As Mikal walks, his wings fold on his back. His titanium faceplate splits off into four and slides backwards.

AIRMAX stands in the middle of a circle of chairs and the other superhero members. He's wearing a red and green costume with the letters 'MAX' on his chest. In front of him are two superheroes held captive by blue electric handcuffs.

(Airmax)

"Supermen. Before me are fellow superheroes who have violated section 16 of the code of conduct, committing acts of violence against each other. Their petty fights have caused thousands of deaths and damage to cities worldwide."

Mikal joins the group, sitting on an empty chair next to IMABENCH, the person on the phone and a fellow speedster. He's wearing a black and blue latex suit and a pair of goggles.

(Imabench)

"Hey, you made it."

(Mikal)

"Yeah. What the hell is going on here?"

(Imabench)

"I"m not sure. But Airmax looks pissed."

Airmax walks over to one of the captives, a man wearing a blue suit with a necktie, ZARADI. He holds him by the neck.

(Airmax)

"I"ve given you three chances to comply to our new way of life. You have abused your responsibilites as a super. Now, you will pay for the consequences."

Airmax lets go of the blue suited man. The man turns around.

(Zaradi)

"What the hell Airmax? All we did was have a little brawl. C'mon, please don't do this. I didn't mean to hurt anyone."

Airmax puts his face right up to Zaradi.

(Airmax)

"Your little brawl cost the lives of two passerbies walking peacefully on the streets of Manhattan. You and your friend, ENDARKENED, couldn't pick a better place to settle your differences it seems."

(Zaradi)

"C'mon Max. People die all the time. We won't do it again."

(Airmax)

"That is exactly the thought pattern that makes you dangerous Zaradi. You and your friend. No more. Do you have any final comments?"

(Zaradi)

"Just give me one more chance. I won't -"

There is a snapping sound. Zaradi falls to the ground with his head turned one eighty. Airmax has his hands behind his back.

There is a gasp from the members.

(Mikal)

"Holy..."

(Imabench)

"Jesus Christ."

(Airmax)

"I will let you off since this is your first misconduct."

Endarkened nods.

(Airmax)

"Let me be clear to all of you. Our code of conduct is what keeps up from becoming evil and hurting innocent people. The Superforce is a team of heroes. Not villains. Remember that."

INSIDE the Red Station - Corridor

Mikal catches up to Airmax walking down the corridor.

(Mikal)

"Max."

Airmax turns.

Mikal grits his teeth.

(Mikal)

"You killed him. Zaradi. He was one of our own."

(Airmax)

"At times like this, we can't afford to taint our reputation any further."

Mikal grabs Airmax's shirt, lifting him off the ground.

(Mikal)

"Don't give me that bull Airmax. You killed someone. At least act like you're sorry."

(Airmax)

"I understand. I'm sorry Mikal. I didn't want to kill him."

Mikal calms down and puts him down.

"You could have imprisoned them. You didn't have to kill him."

(Airmax)

"I had no choice. Their fights have killed more than fifty civillians. And everyone's blaming the head of the Superforce for it. The government is angry that they can't control us. And I needed to make sure it never happened again."

(Mikal)

"By sending a message? Scaring the other members?"

(Airmax)

"It was necessary. I've thought it through over and over, four times faster than the average human. I've lost nights of sleep, thinking. This was the only way."

(Mikal)

"I didn't know the guy. But we talked sometime. You shouldn't have killed him. I'm worried about you Airmax. First you killed off all our enemies and villians in the world. Then you started punishing our members for misconduct. And now this?"

(Airmax)

"Before you quit the force and start your own resistance against me, I want to tell you what a valuable member to our team you are Mikal."

(Mikal)

"I don't know what you're talking about Airmax. Can you see the future now? Is that it?"

(Airmax)

"I'm only the world's most powerful telekinetic, Mikal. Give the weapons I asked for to Imabench. I need to speak with the President-"

(Imabench)

"MAX!"

Airmax and Mikal turn to see Imabench running towards them at supersonic speed.

(Imabench)

"We've got a situation here. Someone wants to see you."

Imabench looks exasperated.

(Airmax)

"Who?"

(Imabench)

"The president of the United States. That, and his entire fleet of command."

OUTSIDE at the Red Station aircraft deployment range - Rooftop

Airmax hovers above the tarmac with his arms crossed. Mikal, Imabench and the rest of the members are behind him.

In front of Airmax are helicopters, jets and thirty US high tech navy ships, armed with artillery, the size of whales, sailing on the antartic ocean. The ships in front have broken the ice separating the Fortress and the sea.

Someone stands on top of the closest ship, holding a megaphone.

(Voice on the megaphone)

"Airmax! By the order of the United States president, stand down and surrender yourself. Do not resist or we will open fire."

Mikal walks up beside Airmax.

(Mikal)

"What the hell is this?"

Pause.

(Airmax)

"War."
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 1:02:07 AM
Nice start to the fan fic and good work, I'm interested to see what happens.

While I think it's understandable that I might naturally be sympathetic to the "AIRMAX" character, I think you did a good job of portraying him in the context of this universe. While I hate to see anyone kill Zaradi, my understanding is that Zaradi has killed random innocent people, and this wasn't the first time. Given that reality, what exactly could AIRMAX do in that situation? I realize that this hardline attitude will likely progressively demonize the character, at this point it seems pretty reasonable.... though that might just be me.

Anyways, good luck with it, you certainly have a compelling start to the story.
Debate.org Moderator
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 1:09:13 AM
(AIRMAX)

While I think it's understandable that I might naturally be sympathetic to the "AIRMAX" character, I think you did a good job of portraying him in the context of this universe. While I hate to see anyone kill Zaradi, my understanding is that Zaradi has killed random innocent people, and this wasn't the first time. Given that reality, what exactly could AIRMAX do in that situation? I realize that this hardline attitude will likely progressively demonize the character, at this point it seems pretty reasonable.... though that might just be me.

(BOSSY)

Fixed for clarity.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 1:12:15 AM
At 6/29/2015 1:09:13 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
(AIRMAX)

(BOSSY)

Fixed for clarity.

(AIRMAX)

Debate.org Moderator
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 5:34:45 PM
At 6/29/2015 1:12:15 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 6/29/2015 1:09:13 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
(AIRMAX)

(BOSSY)

Fixed for clarity.

(AIRMAX)

"No! I refuse to conform to what I see as wrong! Even if everyone else is doing it, I refuse to follow!" Zaradi shouted defiantly, rising from his seat with his fist to the sky.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...