Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 7:01:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Airmax vs. Mikal (a DDO fanfic)

OUTSIDE on the Atlantic ocean, near the Red Station - Battleships

-- I didn't ask for this --

Imabench runs faster than the speed of sound. He runs on top of the atlantic ocean, entering ships, cargos and rooms. He exits and returns to base.

-- I didn't ask for Zaradi to die. I didn't ask to have a freaking dictator watching my back everyday --

Imabench screeches to a halt in front of Airmax.

(Imabench)

"Three hundred men. Four thousand Mk16s and 2 torpedo shafts for each ship. A total of 80 torpedos. If they wanted to, they could blow this entire area off the map."

(Airmax)

"Good job. Next I want you to-"

(Imabench)

"Did you hear what I just said?? They could blow this place up! What are we going to do?"

(Airmax)

"I need to gather my electrical field capacity in order to reach all their artilleries. So I need you to buy me some time while I-"

(Imabench)

"I'll do it. I'll disable all their ships, turn the powers off and run back here before they can say 'Murica'."

(Airmax)

"... You are American. No, don't do that. They just turned on anti-speedster force fields approximately 8.9 seconds ago. Now that they remember you, I need you to distract them by going around the back of the fleet."

-- I don't take orders from a murderer --

(Imabench)

"Sure thing Cap', I'll be back before you can say -"

He speeds off, creating a shockwave, disappearing off toward the land of ice.

(Imabench)

"'Murica!'"

Half the canons and turrets fire at him. He dodges them, zigzagging between ships, and even waving at a dumbfounded soldier.

-- I didn't ask for any of this. All I wanted was to watch my Frozen dvd sequel with a strawberry ice latte in my hand. And now I'm taking orders from someone who killed my teammate. Why? --

-- It's because I'm scared isn't it? Fastest man in the world and I'm scared of a guy who can move pencils with his mind. What was it he said? Follow the code of conduct. Don't hurt people. Be the hero not the villain --

-- So... why'd he kill Zaradi again? --

OUTSIDE the aircraft deployment range - Rooftop

(Mikal)

"What are you doing Max? We need to talk this through, not start a war with America."

(Airmax)

"I already have. This is the only option. If I surrender myself, they will incarcerate the rest of you. If I do not, they will not leave peacefully."

(Mikal)

"Think about this Max. They have the president on board. They aren't going to willingly risk his life over a fight! We can still make peace negotiations."

(Airmax)

"They do not have the president on board Mikal."

(Mikal)

"Wha...?-"

Imabench's voice cackles through the radio waves of all their earpieces.

(Imabench)

"Max! I don't know how long I can hold on for. They've got tracking misiles, boomerang grenages and shrapnel bullets here!"

(Megaphone from one of the ships)

"This is the president speaking. Stop the resistance Airmax or the US special fleet will fire upon my command."

(Airmax)

"It seems the president has joined us via telecom. Revelation, can you pinpoint his location?"

REVELATION joins the group. He is wearing a black nylon suit, with the alpha symbol on his chest. He taps his electronic glasses and symbols appear.

(Revelation)

"I can't get a signal. Must be some sort of invisible wirephone, connecting through other wavelengths."

(Airmax)

"That's strange..."

(Mikal)

"Looks like you've miscalculated."

Mikal taps something on his arm and turns on his thrusters,hovering above the ground next to Airmax.

(Mikal)

"Because the president-"

He flies at the speed of a jet, reaching one of the boats on the front line in seconds.

(Mikal)

"IS RIGHT HERE."

He dives in through the floor and emerges with an old white haired man in his hand. He flies back to Airmax and drops the man.

Mikal picks the old man off the floor and lifts a fist up.

(Mikal)

"Call of the ships NOW!"

Airmax places a hand on Mikal.

(Airmax)

"Why did you come? Even though it was risky. What is your gameplan?"

(President Hamas Smith)

"If you lay one finger on me, the entire fleet will dessimate-"

Mikal punches the president.

(Mikal)

"We don't give a damn. Call of the ships. This is the Super-Force's private property and you don't have a warrant."

(Imabench on the telecom)

"Uh, guys, I think he does."

Something hits Mikal's armour. A bullet bounces off.

(Mikal)

"Seriously?"

A voice cackles from the President's shirt.

(Voice)

"Release the President. Harm him and I will order war against you freaks."

(President)

"Kill them. Kill them all."

(Airmax)

"That would not be wise, Mr. President."

Mikal's armour splits off across his arm, turning into mini missile launchers.

(Mikal)

"Call off the attack old man."

(President)

"What are you waiting for? Fire."

(General on the speaker)

"But sir..."

(President)

"That is an order, general."

(Airmax)

"Mikal. Lower your weapon. Mr. President, why did you come here? You still haven't answered me."

(Mikal)

"I ain't lowering jack! These guys are prepared to kill us all!"

(President)

"... For murder. So the people of the world can witness you for who you truly are, you fascist coward."

(Airmax)

"You'd.. risk your life for that? Why? You're the president. You have responsibilites. MIKAL, please put down the weapons."

Mikal's armour glows brighter and hotter. The ships turrets are all aimed at him, hundreds of lasers trained on one spot. The rest of the Superforce crew stay still, undaring to move.

(President)

"Hmrph! There will be more like me. Hundreds more. And all will attempt to take you down, tyrant. Your hegemony ends, if not today, then tomorrow or the next. Either way, you will never seize America and take our freedom away."

(Airmax)

"Mr. President, if only you could see things the way I do, then you'd see how damaged your society is."

He turns to Mikal.

(Airmax)

"You were against my killing of Zaradi earlier. But now you're willing to kill hundreds of innocent lives?"

(Mikal)

"This isn't even close to what you did to Zaradi."

Beat.

-- This is self-defense --

One of the turrets fire, missing Mikal and penetrating the nano-tube walls and blowing chunks off.

Mikal fires his misiles all at once.

They stop in midair.

All the misiles, bullets and rockets hover above Imabench's head as he heads back to base.

(Imabench)

"Holy sh!t."

Revelation looks up, removing his glasses slowly.

Mikal lowers his thrusters, dropping to the floor.

Airmax lifts the old man off and flies over to one of the ships, dropping him. The fall breaks the President's leg bones but doesn't kill him.

(Airmax)

"Next time you try and declare war against us, bring a bigger ship."
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us