Total Posts:35|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Comments about my profile picture...

mystery_man43
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.
I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 2:25:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.

It sucks.

Also

"Beliefs:My goal is to set people's minds straight with logic and reasoning. I only friend Christians. I am a Christian and a political conservative."

How can you set people's minds straight if you only want to friend like minded people? How do you use logic and reason, if everyone around you, is like you?

Also, you seem like one of those people who basic worship the police and military, how do you reconcile that with the biblical command to not worship false idols?
mystery_man43
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 2:36:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/29/2015 2:25:32 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.

It sucks.

That's very nice of you! :)

How can you set people's minds straight if you only want to friend like minded people? How do you use logic and reason, if everyone around you, is like you?

"How can you set people's minds straight if you only want to friend like minded people?". That is your problem there. I do not have to friend someone to set their mind straight. Also, I do not have to be around people that hold different beliefs to understand their beliefs. I can still use logic and reason and understand their argument even if I'm not around them.

Also, you seem like one of those people who basic worship the police and military, how do you reconcile that with the biblical command to not worship false idols?

"You seem" is the key phrase. I can answer this one easily. I do not worship the police and military. The only one I worship is God.
I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan
Varrack
Posts: 2,410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 2:45:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.

Swag nation
mystery_man43
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 2:49:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/29/2015 2:45:34 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.

Swag nation
XD
I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan
Varrack
Posts: 2,410
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 2:51:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/29/2015 2:49:09 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:45:34 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.

Swag nation
XD

I just noticed your sig is a quote on my profile too. Nice lol
mystery_man43
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 2:53:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/29/2015 2:51:07 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:49:09 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:45:34 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.

Swag nation
XD

I just noticed your sig is a quote on my profile too. Nice lol
I didn't steal it from your profile though.
I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 3:37:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.

Its okay. Nothing special. And the point is ?
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 3:44:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.

A profile pic is hardly worth making a whole thread for, in my opinion.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,635
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 4:09:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/29/2015 2:25:32 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.

It sucks.

Also

"Beliefs:My goal is to set people's minds straight with logic and reasoning. I only friend Christians. I am a Christian and a political conservative."

How can you set people's minds straight if you only want to friend like minded people? How do you use logic and reason, if everyone around you, is like you?

Also, you seem like one of those people who basic worship the police and military, how do you reconcile that with the biblical command to not worship false idols?

Not only that, he believes US is a Christian nation which is pretty hilarious.
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 4:21:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.

I like it :)
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 7:53:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm like really jealous
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
sadolite
Posts: 8,836
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 7:56:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Actually this is what swag looks like.

http://simplesewingprojects.com...

Never pass up an opportunity to give a sarcastic answer when a normal one will do
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
ClashnBoom
Posts: 886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 9:25:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/29/2015 2:53:51 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:51:07 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:49:09 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:45:34 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.

Swag nation
XD

I just noticed your sig is a quote on my profile too. Nice lol
I didn't steal it from your profile though.

Its also the quote from my profile.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,635
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 10:51:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/29/2015 9:25:56 PM, ClashnBoom wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:53:51 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:51:07 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:49:09 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:45:34 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.

Swag nation
XD

I just noticed your sig is a quote on my profile too. Nice lol
I didn't steal it from your profile though.

Its also the quote from my profile.

I've noticed that everyone who is for using condoms has already been born.
Surrealism
Posts: 265
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 1:43:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/29/2015 2:25:32 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.

It sucks.

Also

"Beliefs:My goal is to set people's minds straight with logic and reasoning. I only friend Christians. I am a Christian and a political conservative."

Seriously? The whole point of friendship is that you are friends with people who you interact well with, not like-minded yesmen. I try to make a point of being friends with people regardless of their beliefs. In fact, I like talking to differently minded people, as it challenges me to reconsider my own beliefs.

Only being friends with people you share beliefs with is just cutting yourself off from intellectual development, no matter what your beliefs are.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 4:02:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/30/2015 1:43:24 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:25:32 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.

It sucks.

Also

"Beliefs:My goal is to set people's minds straight with logic and reasoning. I only friend Christians. I am a Christian and a political conservative."

Seriously? The whole point of friendship is that you are friends with people who you interact well with, not like-minded yesmen. I try to make a point of being friends with people regardless of their beliefs. In fact, I like talking to differently minded people, as it challenges me to reconsider my own beliefs.

Only being friends with people you share beliefs with is just cutting yourself off from intellectual development, no matter what your beliefs are.

Why did you respond to me in this post instead of the op?
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 6:20:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/30/2015 4:02:00 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/30/2015 1:43:24 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:25:32 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.

It sucks.

Also

"Beliefs:My goal is to set people's minds straight with logic and reasoning. I only friend Christians. I am a Christian and a political conservative."

Seriously? The whole point of friendship is that you are friends with people who you interact well with, not like-minded yesmen. I try to make a point of being friends with people regardless of their beliefs. In fact, I like talking to differently minded people, as it challenges me to reconsider my own beliefs.

Only being friends with people you share beliefs with is just cutting yourself off from intellectual development, no matter what your beliefs are.

Why did you respond to me in this post instead of the op?

He was talking to you, you close minded fool.
Nolite Timere
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 7:58:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.

It's a poor use of photoshop. (No offense)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Surrealism
Posts: 265
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 9:26:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/30/2015 4:02:00 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/30/2015 1:43:24 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:25:32 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.

It sucks.

Also

"Beliefs:My goal is to set people's minds straight with logic and reasoning. I only friend Christians. I am a Christian and a political conservative."

Seriously? The whole point of friendship is that you are friends with people who you interact well with, not like-minded yesmen. I try to make a point of being friends with people regardless of their beliefs. In fact, I like talking to differently minded people, as it challenges me to reconsider my own beliefs.

Only being friends with people you share beliefs with is just cutting yourself off from intellectual development, no matter what your beliefs are.

Why did you respond to me in this post instead of the op?

Because your post had the quote in it and I didn't feel like pasting it a second time.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 10:51:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/30/2015 6:20:29 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 6/30/2015 4:02:00 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/30/2015 1:43:24 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:25:32 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.

It sucks.

Also

"Beliefs:My goal is to set people's minds straight with logic and reasoning. I only friend Christians. I am a Christian and a political conservative."

Seriously? The whole point of friendship is that you are friends with people who you interact well with, not like-minded yesmen. I try to make a point of being friends with people regardless of their beliefs. In fact, I like talking to differently minded people, as it challenges me to reconsider my own beliefs.

Only being friends with people you share beliefs with is just cutting yourself off from intellectual development, no matter what your beliefs are.

Why did you respond to me in this post instead of the op?

He was talking to you, you close minded fool.

Thanks for the clarification there, but I hope you're wrong.
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 11:30:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/29/2015 2:36:00 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
How can you set people's minds straight if you only want to friend like minded people? How do you use logic and reason, if everyone around you, is like you?

"How can you set people's minds straight if you only want to friend like minded people?". That is your problem there. I do not have to friend someone to set their mind straight. Also, I do not have to be around people that hold different beliefs to understand their beliefs. I can still use logic and reason and understand their argument even if I'm not around them.
Wylted's comment may have been a bit too harsh, but I must agree with him. Even if friending is just symbolic for you, i.e. you allow people to PM and write on your wall even if they aren't friends, I don't think this is a right attitude to take if you're going to change people. A healthy person should have friends of different opinions.

Frankly, if I were only to friend people holding beliefs similar to mine, I would likely end up with no friends on DDO. I don't, however. Confucius taught us that the superior man can be on good terms with those with different opinions, while petty men pretend to agree with each other, but do not in reality maintain harmonious relationships. There is a lot of truth in that.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2015 7:35:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.

As a philosopher, I am forced to ponder the ultimate question here: What is SWAG? We must look towards the etymology of swag in order to find the answer.

Some of the acronymic explanations for it that we've encountered are:

Secretly We Are Gay
Souvenirs, Wearables, And Gifts
Stuff We All Get
Stuff We Ain't Got
Scientific Wild Arsed Guess
Stolen Without A Gun
Sold Without A Guarantee

Not surprisingly, none of those explanations is correct. The word 'swag' is not an acronym. It is instead a corruption of the Scandinavian svagga, meaning "to rock unsteadily or lurch" and entered the English language in the 13th or 14th century, with its earliest print sighting dating to 1303. Over time its meaning evolved into that of "hanging loosely or heavily, to sag," and by 1794 picked up the additional meanings of "booty or plunder" and "a hanging wreath or garland."

In current common usage, swag has a number of meanings:

Illegally obtained goods. (We employ it that way ourselves in our "Self-Signaling Swag" article about crooks fingered by the electronic locators contained in the items they stole.)

Free stuff: promotional items, gift bags, goodies, and the like.

A decorative garland (festive season evergreens or those fashioned of other materials, whether displayed during the holiday season or at other times of the year) hung in such a way that loops of it hang freely.

A valance: an item of window dressing wherein fabric matching the drapes is gathered at one or more points along the curtain rod to produce decorative sweeps of cloth having the appearance of downward-hanging fans.

Currently,
Swag remains in the English language in some lesser-used forms, such as "to sway" and "to stagger." The term is also the likely root of "swagger," which either characterizes someone's walk as having a bold, exaggerated side-to-side movement or serves as a figurative term for describing someone's behavior as boastful, conceited and arrogant.

Thus, your meme is insensible as it completely misuses the term 'swag'. I give it a 3/10, with those 3 points being awarded solely because there's a dog in the pic.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
dtaylor971
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 6:22:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/29/2015 2:36:00 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:25:32 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/29/2015 2:09:58 PM, mystery_man43 wrote:
So, how do you guys like my new profile picture? I created the meme myself. I'm going back to the eagle on July 4th if anyone was wondering.

It sucks.

That's very nice of you! :)

How can you set people's minds straight if you only want to friend like minded people? How do you use logic and reason, if everyone around you, is like you?

"How can you set people's minds straight if you only want to friend like minded people?". That is your problem there. I do not have to friend someone to set their mind straight. Also, I do not have to be around people that hold different beliefs to understand their beliefs. I can still use logic and reason and understand their argument even if I'm not around them.

Welcome to Debate.org! It's a debating site, where you have to debate people with unlike mindsets in an attempt to straighten one's mind (from your viewpoint, anyway.) What the hell is the point of talking with someone else if you can't completely overwhelm them with your logic and the legitimacy of your point?


Also, you seem like one of those people who basic worship the police and military, how do you reconcile that with the biblical command to not worship false idols?

"You seem" is the key phrase. I can answer this one easily. I do not worship the police and military. The only one I worship is God.

You need to venture to the religion section of this site. It's where all of the blinded beings go to spread what they think is truth. You'll find your kind there.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite