Voting issues: Troll debates/multiple reports

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2015 9:56:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Troll debates:

The current policy for troll/non-serious debates is that we don't moderate them at all. Same for full forfeits where one side does not post a substantial argument.

This includes any debate that is of the form "This debate will be won by me," "this debate will end in a tie" and so on. The same policy applies for rap debates, model debates and such. My advice for people doing these types of debates is to use the "Select Winner" system if they don't want to be strategically votebombed.

I'm open to discussion if members disagree but current policy is that non-serious debates will not be moderated.

Multiple reports:

Please refrain from reporting votes that have already been reported and passed moderation review. If you strongly disagree with it, the best course of action is to PM me and discuss your disagreement. It won't change the outcome but it might better help you understand what criteria are used to remove or not remove votes. If a vote passed moderation review, then there will be comment from me in the comments section briefly explaining why it did.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 5:54:15 AM
At 7/2/2015 9:56:29 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Troll debates:

The current policy for troll/non-serious debates is that we don't moderate them at all. Same for full forfeits where one side does not post a substantial argument.

This includes any debate that is of the form "This debate will be won by me," "this debate will end in a tie" and so on. The same policy applies for rap debates, model debates and such. My advice for people doing these types of debates is to use the "Select Winner" system if they don't want to be strategically votebombed.

I'm open to discussion if members disagree but current policy is that non-serious debates will not be moderated.

But I've noticed that many debates intended as serious debates (I don't really remember which) were not moderated as they were classified as troll debates ...

Multiple reports:

Please refrain from reporting votes that have already been reported and passed moderation review. If you strongly disagree with it, the best course of action is to PM me and discuss your disagreement. It won't change the outcome but it might better help you understand what criteria are used to remove or not remove votes. If a vote passed moderation review, then there will be comment from me in the comments section briefly explaining why it did.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2015 12:48:35 PM
At 7/3/2015 5:54:15 AM, tejretics wrote:

But I've noticed that many debates intended as serious debates (I don't really remember which) were not moderated as they were classified as troll debates ...
Examples of these?