Jump to topic:

Look at this debate

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 4:23:26 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
This will probably backfire on me but hey...

http://www.debate.org...

In this debate my opponent, who bears the burden of proof clearly fails to substantiate his main argument. This gives me nothing to actually argue against and so really should result in a default win for me.

I know my opponent carries more respect than I do, but that should not be an issue and may not even be an issue. Please read through the debate, vote accordingly and give an RFD.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 4:34:47 AM
At 8/17/2010 4:32:14 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
He forfeited no rounds and you're putting this in the forums, why?

I just told you, if you not interested ignore. If you are interested then read it. You don't actually have to troll me.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 4:42:11 AM
At 8/17/2010 4:34:47 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

I just told you, if you not interested ignore. If you are interested then read it. You don't actually have to troll me.

If you need a vote to be corrected if it was vote-bombws, or if you've clearly won through a string of forfeits, that's fine. But if you put one up because you're losing, and your opponent did make a case, than that's being whiny imo. I read it and gave Skeptic arguments. Everything else, spelling, conduct, sources, ere equal.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 4:46:39 AM
At 8/17/2010 4:42:11 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

If you need a vote to be corrected if it was vote-bombws, or if you've clearly won through a string of forfeits, that's fine. But if you put one up because you're losing, and your opponent did make a case, than that's being whiny imo. I read it and gave Skeptic arguments. Everything else, spelling, conduct, sources, ere equal.

My opponent did not make a case, therefore I am politely bringing this to the attention of the site to invite others to read and vote. This is not being whiney, you have no legitimate reason to personally attack me yet you consistently feel the need to do so, thats not my problem and it's why I try to ignore you.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 4:49:54 AM
At 8/17/2010 4:46:39 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

My opponent did not make a case, therefore I am politely bringing this to the attention of the site to invite others to read and vote. This is not being whiney, you have no legitimate reason to personally attack me yet you consistently feel the need to do so, thats not my problem and it's why I try to ignore you.

If that's your case then put it in your signature like every other DDO member.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 4:52:42 AM
At 8/17/2010 4:49:54 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

I decided to make a thread about it, which is standard practice. If you are going to troll me do it over PM or in the comments section of the relevant debate... or just not bother your hate campaign is irrelevant to me. You have no legitimate reason for continuing to post drivel on this thread.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 5:00:10 AM
lol, how many other users on this site have you accused of trolling now, C_N? You know, there's only one consistent factor in all those accusations. Hmm...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2010 5:02:12 AM
At 8/17/2010 4:52:42 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/17/2010 4:49:54 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

I decided to make a thread about it, which is standard practice. If you are going to troll me do it over PM or in the comments section of the relevant debate... or just not bother your hate campaign is irrelevant to me. You have no legitimate reason for continuing to post drivel on this thread.

Point me to one other thread where a known member has posted a debate that didn't involve vote-bombing or forfeits asking to be corrected.