Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Just a note

Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 6:54:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Not to be overly rude, but the way some of you interact on this site is peculiarly childish, and it would be very nice if you would try to tighten up.

Example:

"Lol i saw it!!"

"no, liar :P"

"u"

"hehe i know :D"

After drama wars, the most depressing thing on this site is entering a thread with rather high expectations, and seeing chat that resembles the above. This happens too often. I'm not saying your chat should be regulated forcefully, but I'm fairly confident you would do the site a favour by restraining yourself.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:23:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why are you deliberately proving his thread right?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:28:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It would have been much better if Max implemented that thread-derailment policy.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
YYW
Posts: 36,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:31:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 7:23:05 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Why are you deliberately proving his thread right?

My guess is to mock it, because Rev thinks it's nonsense... and that's a point that I'd generally agree with.
Tsar of DDO
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:33:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 7:31:50 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:23:05 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Why are you deliberately proving his thread right?

My guess is to mock it, because Rev thinks it's nonsense... and that's a point that I'd generally agree with.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:33:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 7:23:05 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Why are you deliberately proving his thread right?

1) To annoy Mirza, and 2) I disagree; most content and derailment like that usually doesn't occur in serious threads.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:35:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 7:33:33 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:23:05 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Why are you deliberately proving his thread right?

1) To annoy Mirza, and 2) I disagree; most content and derailment like that usually doesn't occur in serious threads.

Well don't derail this one, because he obviously intended it to be serious.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:36:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
dat just bossy mirza

ppl shuld hav da rite 2 talj how dey like now...dunt be a hitler.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:37:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 7:35:53 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:33:33 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:23:05 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Why are you deliberately proving his thread right?

1) To annoy Mirza, and 2) I disagree; most content and derailment like that usually doesn't occur in serious threads.

Well don't derail this one, because he obviously intended it to be serious.

Just because one intends it to be serious doesn't mean it's serious. ;D
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:37:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 7:36:33 PM, Emilrose wrote:
dat just bossy mirza

ppl shuld hav da rite 2 talj how dey like now...dunt be a hitler.

ikr
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:38:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 7:37:49 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:36:33 PM, Emilrose wrote:
dat just bossy mirza

ppl shuld hav da rite 2 talj how dey like now...dunt be a hitler.

ikr

totes
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:40:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 7:37:40 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:35:53 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:33:33 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:23:05 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Why are you deliberately proving his thread right?

1) To annoy Mirza, and 2) I disagree; most content and derailment like that usually doesn't occur in serious threads.

Well don't derail this one, because he obviously intended it to be serious.

Just because one intends it to be serious doesn't mean it's serious. ;D

I tend to disagree. He's being serious, so the inherent nature of the thread is serious, so the intended response should be serious.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:41:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 7:28:42 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
It would have been much better if Max implemented that thread-derailment policy.
I don't know if that's necessary. It's just better if people chit-chat in more appropriate places.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:42:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 7:40:57 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:37:40 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:35:53 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:33:33 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:23:05 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Why are you deliberately proving his thread right?

1) To annoy Mirza, and 2) I disagree; most content and derailment like that usually doesn't occur in serious threads.

Well don't derail this one, because he obviously intended it to be serious.

Just because one intends it to be serious doesn't mean it's serious. ;D

I tend to disagree. He's being serious, so the inherent nature of the thread is serious, so the intended response should be serious.

*should* be serious.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:48:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 7:42:05 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:40:57 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:37:40 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:35:53 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:33:33 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:23:05 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Why are you deliberately proving his thread right?

1) To annoy Mirza, and 2) I disagree; most content and derailment like that usually doesn't occur in serious threads.

Well don't derail this one, because he obviously intended it to be serious.

Just because one intends it to be serious doesn't mean it's serious. ;D

I tend to disagree. He's being serious, so the inherent nature of the thread is serious, so the intended response should be serious.

*should* be serious.

Ok, so you then admit to being childish in the thread - in which the creator was being serious - effectively proving him right?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:50:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 7:48:42 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:42:05 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:40:57 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:37:40 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:35:53 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:33:33 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:23:05 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Why are you deliberately proving his thread right?

1) To annoy Mirza, and 2) I disagree; most content and derailment like that usually doesn't occur in serious threads.

Well don't derail this one, because he obviously intended it to be serious.

Just because one intends it to be serious doesn't mean it's serious. ;D

I tend to disagree. He's being serious, so the inherent nature of the thread is serious, so the intended response should be serious.

*should* be serious.

Ok, so you then admit to being childish in the thread - in which the creator was being serious - effectively proving him right?

That's right, I'm deliberately being "childish" and doing what he condemns as it usually doesn't occur in the first place, so I see no reason to make a whole thread to complain about this issue.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 7:52:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 6:54:00 PM, Mirza wrote:
Not to be overly rude, but the way some of you interact on this site is peculiarly childish, and it would be very nice if you would try to tighten up.

Example:

"Lol i saw it!!"

"no, liar :P"

"u"

"hehe i know :D"

After drama wars, the most depressing thing on this site is entering a thread with rather high expectations, and seeing chat that resembles the above. This happens too often. I'm not saying your chat should be regulated forcefully, but I'm fairly confident you would do the site a favour by restraining yourself.

Ur literly hitler
#FeeltheFreezerBern
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 8:39:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 7:52:08 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/7/2015 6:54:00 PM, Mirza wrote:
Not to be overly rude, but the way some of you interact on this site is peculiarly childish, and it would be very nice if you would try to tighten up.

Example:

"Lol i saw it!!"

"no, liar :P"

"u"

"hehe i know :D"

After drama wars, the most depressing thing on this site is entering a thread with rather high expectations, and seeing chat that resembles the above. This happens too often. I'm not saying your chat should be regulated forcefully, but I'm fairly confident you would do the site a favour by restraining yourself.

Ur literly hitler

You know it's statement's like this that trivializes the deaths of 6 million people. You even say" literally" You need to read a history book and go visit a Nazi concentration camp. Seriously.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 8:45:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 8:39:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:52:08 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/7/2015 6:54:00 PM, Mirza wrote:
Not to be overly rude, but the way some of you interact on this site is peculiarly childish, and it would be very nice if you would try to tighten up.

Example:

"Lol i saw it!!"

"no, liar :P"

"u"

"hehe i know :D"

After drama wars, the most depressing thing on this site is entering a thread with rather high expectations, and seeing chat that resembles the above. This happens too often. I'm not saying your chat should be regulated forcefully, but I'm fairly confident you would do the site a favour by restraining yourself.

Ur literly hitler

You know it's statement's like this that trivializes the deaths of 6 million people. You even say" literally" You need to read a history book and go visit a Nazi concentration camp. Seriously.

https://www.youtube.com...
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 8:50:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 8:39:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:52:08 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/7/2015 6:54:00 PM, Mirza wrote:
Not to be overly rude, but the way some of you interact on this site is peculiarly childish, and it would be very nice if you would try to tighten up.

Example:

"Lol i saw it!!"

"no, liar :P"

"u"

"hehe i know :D"

After drama wars, the most depressing thing on this site is entering a thread with rather high expectations, and seeing chat that resembles the above. This happens too often. I'm not saying your chat should be regulated forcefully, but I'm fairly confident you would do the site a favour by restraining yourself.

Ur literly hitler

You know it's statement's like this that trivializes the deaths of 6 million people. You even say" literally" You need to read a history book and go visit a Nazi concentration camp. Seriously.

The number massacred by Nazis is actually 13 million. The 6 million is focused on because it comes from the group most targeted and most killed, the Jews. Believe me, I know the horrors of Nazi Germany. I know my history on the subject, and took a visit to the local Holocaust museum. I was only trying to crack a joke about Mirza's complaining and strong Pro-Europe sentiments as those that are "Hitler-esque". You had to know it was a form of satire, simply by the way it was typed, and the context of the posts before.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 8:52:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 8:50:28 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/7/2015 8:39:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:52:08 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/7/2015 6:54:00 PM, Mirza wrote:
Not to be overly rude, but the way some of you interact on this site is peculiarly childish, and it would be very nice if you would try to tighten up.

Example:

"Lol i saw it!!"

"no, liar :P"

"u"

"hehe i know :D"

After drama wars, the most depressing thing on this site is entering a thread with rather high expectations, and seeing chat that resembles the above. This happens too often. I'm not saying your chat should be regulated forcefully, but I'm fairly confident you would do the site a favour by restraining yourself.

Ur literly hitler

You know it's statement's like this that trivializes the deaths of 6 million people. You even say" literally" You need to read a history book and go visit a Nazi concentration camp. Seriously.

The number massacred by Nazis is actually 13 million. The 6 million is focused on because it comes from the group most targeted and most killed, the Jews. Believe me, I know the horrors of Nazi Germany. I know my history on the subject, and took a visit to the local Holocaust museum. I was only trying to crack a joke about Mirza's complaining and strong Pro-Europe sentiments as those that are "Hitler-esque". You had to know it was a form of satire, simply by the way it was typed, and the context of the posts before.

None the less you trivialize the slaughter of 13 million people.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 8:55:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 8:52:49 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/7/2015 8:50:28 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/7/2015 8:39:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:52:08 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/7/2015 6:54:00 PM, Mirza wrote:
Not to be overly rude, but the way some of you interact on this site is peculiarly childish, and it would be very nice if you would try to tighten up.

Example:

"Lol i saw it!!"

"no, liar :P"

"u"

"hehe i know :D"

After drama wars, the most depressing thing on this site is entering a thread with rather high expectations, and seeing chat that resembles the above. This happens too often. I'm not saying your chat should be regulated forcefully, but I'm fairly confident you would do the site a favour by restraining yourself.

Ur literly hitler

You know it's statement's like this that trivializes the deaths of 6 million people. You even say" literally" You need to read a history book and go visit a Nazi concentration camp. Seriously.

The number massacred by Nazis is actually 13 million. The 6 million is focused on because it comes from the group most targeted and most killed, the Jews. Believe me, I know the horrors of Nazi Germany. I know my history on the subject, and took a visit to the local Holocaust museum. I was only trying to crack a joke about Mirza's complaining and strong Pro-Europe sentiments as those that are "Hitler-esque". You had to know it was a form of satire, simply by the way it was typed, and the context of the posts before.

None the less you trivialize the slaughter of 13 million people.

Nonetheless, in all honesty, it sounds like you're trying to use the Holocaust to uphold yourself on some kind of moral high ground, asserting your superiority. Which is a pretty @sshole thing to do. You act like I take the Holocaust lightly. And you specifically target only my joking. Next time, before you target a user, you should really check to see what religion they are if you're going to say I know nothing of the Holocaust.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 9:14:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/7/2015 8:55:22 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/7/2015 8:52:49 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/7/2015 8:50:28 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/7/2015 8:39:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/7/2015 7:52:08 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 7/7/2015 6:54:00 PM, Mirza wrote:
Not to be overly rude, but the way some of you interact on this site is peculiarly childish, and it would be very nice if you would try to tighten up.

Example:

"Lol i saw it!!"

"no, liar :P"

"u"

"hehe i know :D"

After drama wars, the most depressing thing on this site is entering a thread with rather high expectations, and seeing chat that resembles the above. This happens too often. I'm not saying your chat should be regulated forcefully, but I'm fairly confident you would do the site a favour by restraining yourself.

Ur literly hitler

You know it's statement's like this that trivializes the deaths of 6 million people. You even say" literally" You need to read a history book and go visit a Nazi concentration camp. Seriously.

The number massacred by Nazis is actually 13 million. The 6 million is focused on because it comes from the group most targeted and most killed, the Jews. Believe me, I know the horrors of Nazi Germany. I know my history on the subject, and took a visit to the local Holocaust museum. I was only trying to crack a joke about Mirza's complaining and strong Pro-Europe sentiments as those that are "Hitler-esque". You had to know it was a form of satire, simply by the way it was typed, and the context of the posts before.

None the less you trivialize the slaughter of 13 million people.

Nonetheless, in all honesty, it sounds like you're trying to use the Holocaust to uphold yourself on some kind of moral high ground, asserting your superiority. Which is a pretty @sshole thing to do. You act like I take the Holocaust lightly. And you specifically target only my joking. Next time, before you target a user, you should really check to see what religion they are if you're going to say I know nothing of the Holocaust.

What ever I am not the one throwing around the comparison
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%