Jump to topic:

Petition

ThatLibertarian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 12:54:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is a petition to the Staff of Debage.org. By signing this, you are endorsing a number of reforms on our site. The list of which is below.

-Direct Election of Moderators
-At least 2 Moderators must endorse suspending a members account
-If a petition about recalling a staff member receives 15000 signatures, there must be a special election to determine whether a member will be recalled
-If a petition asking to impeach the Vice President or president receives 1/3 of all members signatures, there will be an election to determine if one of them will be impeached.

I believe that these reforms will greatly reduce abuse and over-reaction on our site, along with making it more fair and democratic. Thank you, and please post on this topic to affirm your belief on these reforms. Please do not post anything here unless you endorse these reforms.
Sincerely, ThatLibertarian
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 12:57:35 AM
Consider it signed
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 12:58:18 AM
At 7/11/2015 12:54:13 AM, ThatLibertarian wrote:
-If a petition about recalling a staff member receives 15000 signatures

Ignoring all of the other utterly stupid sh!t, I don't think 15,000 people have actually done something on the site.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 1:00:48 AM
15,000 signatures? lmao
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 1:01:07 AM
This is a petition to the Staff of Debage.org. By signing this, you are endorsing a number of reforms on our site. The list of which is below.

-If a petition about recalling a staff member receives 15000 signatures, there must be a special election to determine whether a member will be recalled
-If a petition asking to impeach the Vice President or president receives 1/3 of all members signatures, there will be an election to determine if one of them will be impeached.

I believe that these reforms will greatly reduce abuse and over-reaction on our site, along with making it more fair and democratic. Thank you, and please post on this topic to affirm your belief on these reforms. Please do not post anything here unless you endorse these reforms.

I agree.

Moderators in power should be able to be impeached through a petition reaching 150,000 signatures.

New moderators should be elected by a 2/3 majority of site users.

the existing moderators should have veto power over any proposed additional moderators or impeachment proposals.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 1:01:52 AM

I'll sign it.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
ThatLibertarian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 1:02:13 AM
Looks like I can't PM you or leave a comment on your profile

I you would like to make a complaint, don't do it here please, PM me instead or leave a comment on my profile and we can discuss it
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 1:03:53 AM
At 7/11/2015 1:02:13 AM, ThatLibertarian wrote:
Looks like I can't PM you or leave a comment on your profile

I you would like to make a complaint, don't do it here please, PM me instead or leave a comment on my profile and we can discuss it

There's a "reply and quote" button, bud.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ThatLibertarian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 1:04:55 AM
Yes well I'd appreciate it if you didn't use them unless you want to sign this. This makes it more difficult to count signatures
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 1:05:44 AM
At 7/11/2015 1:03:53 AM, ThatLibertarian wrote:
Please do not post anything here unless you endorse these reforms.

If you're a libertarian, why are you anti freedom on this thread? Why are you being all Hitler?

Don't taze me bro.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 1:06:11 AM
At 7/11/2015 1:04:55 AM, ThatLibertarian wrote:
Yes well I'd appreciate it if you didn't use them unless you want to sign this. This makes it more difficult to count signatures

Lol good luck getting 15,000 signatures from the couple hundred people that post in the forums.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 1:06:48 AM
At 7/11/2015 1:04:55 AM, ThatLibertarian wrote:

15,000 signatures are hard to count no matter what you do.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 1:07:25 AM
At 7/11/2015 1:06:04 AM, ThatLibertarian wrote:
Btw I'm going to change 15000 to 50000

I'm glad you're being more reasonable.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 1:08:23 AM
At 7/11/2015 1:06:59 AM, ThatLibertarian wrote:
Wytled, please don't compare me to hitler, I am Jewish and consider that offensive

Well, considering that Hitler was in bed with the Jews and helped them get their very own country, I thought you'd love him.

Hitler is a friend of the Jews.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 1:09:50 AM
At 7/11/2015 1:06:04 AM, ThatLibertarian wrote:
Btw I'm going to change 15000 to 50000

Hahahhahaa
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 1:10:02 AM
At 7/11/2015 1:08:17 AM, ThatLibertarian wrote:
I will likely move this too docs possibly or polls because of the comments people r making

Take note of this and don't make stupid threads like this.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 1:11:34 AM

Our most powerful lord Airmax1227 would like to know what abuses you speak of.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 1:13:23 AM
At 7/11/2015 1:11:34 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Really? Does your so-called "lord" really need to speak through you? His cowardice surely knows no end.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

ThatLibertarian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 1:14:23 AM
I've heard of unreasonable suspensions, and suspensions for something minor without warning. Overall this would help reduce abuse
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 1:14:57 AM
At 7/11/2015 1:13:23 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

Really? Does your so-called "lord" really need to speak through you? His cowardice surely knows no end.

Do not speak ill of our lord, or he will smite thee.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 1:16:47 AM
At 7/11/2015 1:15:31 AM, ThatLibertarian wrote:
And I don't consider any staff member my lord. No offense to you, Airmax

Then you commit the heinous crime of not worshiping the one, most powerful lord.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 1:17:11 AM
At 7/11/2015 1:14:57 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/11/2015 1:13:23 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

Do not speak ill of our lord, or he will smite thee.

Again, your "Lord Ruler" as you may as well call him refuses to make an appearance himself, and does not address the concerns of the people. Only a fool would support such a tyrant.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16