Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

I seek he who KNOWITH the K!

TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 10:00:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
hola, I am looking for someone who understand the details of what a Kritik is and how they are applied. Currently I know little about them and so I have set out to understand how they work. If anyone here understands the workings of a K please let me know so I can message you with questions and listen to your advice. I haven't seen any kritiks on this website before so maybe this person doesn't even exist...
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 10:56:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/11/2015 10:00:49 PM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
hola, I am looking for someone who understand the details of what a Kritik is and how they are applied. Currently I know little about them and so I have set out to understand how they work. If anyone here understands the workings of a K please let me know so I can message you with questions and listen to your advice. I haven't seen any kritiks on this website before so maybe this person doesn't even exist...

Ask Matt about it, he knows (Zaradi)
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 1:20:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm not sure I want to tell you because then you're just going to run one against me...
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Raisor
Posts: 4,459
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 1:55:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/11/2015 10:00:49 PM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
hola, I am looking for someone who understand the details of what a Kritik is and how they are applied. Currently I know little about them and so I have set out to understand how they work. If anyone here understands the workings of a K please let me know so I can message you with questions and listen to your advice. I haven't seen any kritiks on this website before so maybe this person doesn't even exist...

IF you are actively engaged in policy debate I can give you some advice about how to deploy a K effectively.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 2:00:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/11/2015 10:00:49 PM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
I haven't seen any kritiks on this website before so maybe this person doesn't even exist...

This is good. Kritiks of topics are essentially challenging the mindset behind the resolution.

Mostly, a Kritik would override the actual debate topic and derail the debate into another discussion. Since that's not what the instigator wants to debate, it is poor form.

It seems more acceptable in real life debate since topics are already given for the most part rather than framed by the instigator. In any case, debate is mandatory if you've already signed up for it. You can't pick and choose a topic like you can on a website.
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 2:01:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 1:59:57 AM, XLAV wrote:
Ks are boring And won't win you anything.

Just check out my debate with Wylted, lol.

Ks are the only valid form of debate. Stats are boring and Ks are able to completely morph a debate to exclude them.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 2:17:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 1:20:58 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm not sure I want to tell you because then you're just going to run one against me...

Do you fear the K??
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 2:18:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 2:17:42 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 7/12/2015 1:20:58 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm not sure I want to tell you because then you're just going to run one against me...

Do you fear the K??

Zaradi is the K Sensei.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 2:23:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 1:55:03 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 7/11/2015 10:00:49 PM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
hola

IF you are actively engaged in policy debate I can give you some advice about how to deploy a K effectively.

Yes, I am definitely interested in that, I am mostly a policy debater so would highly benefit from your advice
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 2:23:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 1:55:03 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 7/11/2015 10:00:49 PM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
hola

IF you are actively engaged in policy debate I can give you some advice about how to deploy a K effectively.

Yes, I am definitely interested in that, I am mostly a policy debater so would highly benefit from your advice
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 2:23:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 1:55:03 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 7/11/2015 10:00:49 PM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
hola

IF you are actively engaged in policy debate I can give you some advice about how to deploy a K effectively.

Yes, I am definitely interested in that, I am mostly a policy debater so would highly benefit from your advice
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 2:25:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 2:18:44 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/12/2015 2:17:42 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 7/12/2015 1:20:58 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm not sure I want to tell you because then you're just going to run one against me...

Do you fear the K??

Zaradi is the K Sensei.

Nice, do you know of any debates of his I might be able to look at for some expert level aKtion?
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 2:25:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 2:25:13 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 7/12/2015 2:18:44 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/12/2015 2:17:42 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 7/12/2015 1:20:58 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm not sure I want to tell you because then you're just going to run one against me...

Do you fear the K??

Zaradi is the K Sensei.

Nice, do you know of any debates of his I might be able to look at for some expert level aKtion?

Lol...TalK to him.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 2:27:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 1:20:58 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm not sure I want to tell you because then you're just going to run one against me...

Yo, what's your best Kritik debate
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 2:42:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 2:17:42 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 7/12/2015 1:20:58 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm not sure I want to tell you because then you're just going to run one against me...

Do you fear the K??

No I just don't feel like dealing with it. I can think of three, maybe four Ks you can feasibly run against me. And I just don't feel like dealing with the headache of still winning anyway :P

But after our debate I'll happily walk you through a K.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 2:43:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 2:27:30 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 7/12/2015 1:20:58 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm not sure I want to tell you because then you're just going to run one against me...

Yo, what's your best Kritik debate

My best debate where I ran a K is not on this site lol...
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 2:51:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 2:43:05 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 7/12/2015 2:27:30 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 7/12/2015 1:20:58 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm not sure I want to tell you because then you're just going to run one against me...

Yo, what's your best Kritik debate

My best debate where I ran a K is not on this site lol...

ahh, I see. As an aside, what's the ETA of your WODC argument
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 3:24:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 2:01:10 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 7/12/2015 1:59:57 AM, XLAV wrote:
Ks are boring And won't win you anything.

Just check out my debate with Wylted, lol.

Ks are the only valid form of debate. Stats are boring and Ks are able to completely morph a debate to exclude them.

Stats master race, and Objectivist K's should always fail
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 3:27:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 2:43:05 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 7/12/2015 2:27:30 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 7/12/2015 1:20:58 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm not sure I want to tell you because then you're just going to run one against me...

Yo, what's your best Kritik debate

My best debate where I ran a K is not on this site lol...

Which is the best K you ran on DDO?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 11:17:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 3:27:36 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 7/12/2015 2:43:05 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 7/12/2015 2:27:30 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 7/12/2015 1:20:58 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm not sure I want to tell you because then you're just going to run one against me...

Yo, what's your best Kritik debate

My best debate where I ran a K is not on this site lol...

Which is the best K you ran on DDO?

He'll likely withhold that information for the sole purpose of increasing your suffering.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
tejretics
Posts: 6,080
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 11:21:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 11:17:04 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 7/12/2015 3:27:36 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 7/12/2015 2:43:05 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 7/12/2015 2:27:30 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 7/12/2015 1:20:58 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm not sure I want to tell you because then you're just going to run one against me...

Yo, what's your best Kritik debate

My best debate where I ran a K is not on this site lol...

Which is the best K you ran on DDO?

He'll likely withhold that information for the sole purpose of increasing your suffering.

*gasps* How evil! I'm suffering so much!!! [/sarcasm]
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 11:22:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 11:21:28 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 7/12/2015 11:17:04 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 7/12/2015 3:27:36 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 7/12/2015 2:43:05 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 7/12/2015 2:27:30 AM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 7/12/2015 1:20:58 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I'm not sure I want to tell you because then you're just going to run one against me...

Yo, what's your best Kritik debate

My best debate where I ran a K is not on this site lol...

Which is the best K you ran on DDO?

He'll likely withhold that information for the sole purpose of increasing your suffering.

*gasps* How evil! I'm suffering so much!!! [/sarcasm]

Lol.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah