Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Discrimination

Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 10:19:22 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

Someone challenges me to defend my views on a formal debate and calls me sexist. I call that discrimination because I am not sexist and definitely not with my intentions that are equally good for both genders.

This debate is not to be accepted because when I am up for formal debates, I have others that come first because I promised it. All points will be replied in the thread where this discriminative discussion started.

I am not sexist, period.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 10:27:23 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I think you may mean prejudice not discrimination.

The simple fact is that you hold an unpopular minority view (as of this site), and you defend it. You are naturally going to come under fire as you are nearly the lone Muslim defender. Nearly the lone theist defender actually.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 10:30:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/19/2010 10:27:23 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I think you may mean prejudice not discrimination.

The simple fact is that you hold an unpopular minority view (as of this site), and you defend it. You are naturally going to come under fire as you are nearly the lone Muslim defender. Nearly the lone theist defender actually.
Telling me that I am sexist even though I consider both genders equally good is mocking. It is discriminative to me because it is based on my views, or religious views. I have no problem defending myself and my views, but I think it is unfair to be mocked this way.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 10:32:17 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I don't see what the deal is; I can juggle a few debates at a time, but whatever the case I still want that debate at some point.

I am not discriminating against you I want you to defend yourself and your claims and show how you aren't being sexist, or else admit it.

Please do explain it. Even if it were in the debate I would let you explain that part in the comments and hold it as part of your argument or even have you explain it on a diff thread and post a link to it, I really don't care I want that explained.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 10:33:52 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/19/2010 10:30:50 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/19/2010 10:27:23 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I think you may mean prejudice not discrimination.

The simple fact is that you hold an unpopular minority view (as of this site), and you defend it. You are naturally going to come under fire as you are nearly the lone Muslim defender. Nearly the lone theist defender actually.
Telling me that I am sexist even though I consider both genders equally good is mocking. It is discriminative to me because it is based on my views, or religious views. I have no problem defending myself and my views, but I think it is unfair to be mocked this way.

I'm not mocking you. I'm asking you to defend your stance. If I was challenged to a debate on PETA attacks or something I would not think I was being discriminated upon, or mocked (in most cases) and I wouldn't make a thread whining about it.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 10:38:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/19/2010 10:30:50 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 8/19/2010 10:27:23 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I think you may mean prejudice not discrimination.

The simple fact is that you hold an unpopular minority view (as of this site), and you defend it. You are naturally going to come under fire as you are nearly the lone Muslim defender. Nearly the lone theist defender actually.
Telling me that I am sexist even though I consider both genders equally good is mocking. It is discriminative to me because it is based on my views, or religious views. I have no problem defending myself and my views, but I think it is unfair to be mocked this way.

We have been back and forth over the subject and I consider the Koran sexist, Islam to be sexist and so by and large Muslims to be sexist. You don't.

My personal criteria for deciding if something is sexist tells me that Islam is sexist and so are you. It's a clash of different perspectives. You may find that offensive, but you can't reasonably expect me to apoligise, for the same reason I don't expect you to apoligise for sexism. We both find each other offensive, we just have to deal with that.

Mockery would be, 'ha have you beaten your wife yet today' to which if you were feeling just as stupid you might reply with your own own counter-parody. But we can avoid that nonsense.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 10:41:14 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/19/2010 10:32:17 AM, lovelife wrote:
I don't see what the deal is; I can juggle a few debates at a time, but whatever the case I still want that debate at some point.

I am not discriminating against you I want you to defend yourself and your claims and show how you aren't being sexist, or else admit it.

Please do explain it. Even if it were in the debate I would let you explain that part in the comments and hold it as part of your argument or even have you explain it on a diff thread and post a link to it, I really don't care I want that explained.
When you realize that the definition of a word varies, I will not hesitate to defend my views. You are wrapping your arguments around your own subjective view of sexism. You think equality is better than equally good. What can I defend here? I can only erase your memory with a pill and brainwash you to understand that it is not true. Besides this, I can only write about 100 posts to explain that equally good is at least just as good as equality. The fact that you deny this s your problem.