Jump to topic:

Challenge

plants
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 2:10:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I want to debate an established member on drug legalization. It can be a debate over all recreational drugs, just marijuana, or basically anything that relates to the legalization or decriminalization of drugs. Message me or post on this thread if you are interested.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 2:16:56 PM
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 2:36:08 PM
At 7/12/2015 2:10:44 PM, plants wrote:
I want to debate an established member on drug legalization. It can be a debate over all recreational drugs, just marijuana, or basically anything that relates to the legalization or decriminalization of drugs. Message me or post on this thread if you are interested.

*he said with a picture of a fvckload of weed as his profile pic*
Tsar of DDO
plants
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 2:37:20 PM
At 7/12/2015 2:36:08 PM, YYW wrote:

Would you like to debate me on the legalization of marijuana? I would be extremely interested.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 3:00:36 PM
At 7/12/2015 2:37:20 PM, plants wrote:

Would you like to debate me on the legalization of marijuana? I would be extremely interested.

I'm guessing you'd like to have it legalized. So would I. I'm not really interested in debating it, though.
Tsar of DDO
plants
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 3:04:41 PM
At 7/12/2015 3:00:36 PM, YYW wrote:

I'm guessing you'd like to have it legalized. So would I. I'm not really interested in debating it, though.

I am certianly a proponent. I should have clarified though I feel that it is quite obvious given my username and profile picture.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 3:27:04 PM

*Shuffles Cards*
So. What makes you enjoy pot so much?
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
plants
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 3:29:00 PM
At 7/12/2015 3:27:04 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

*Shuffles Cards*

It's pleasant and relaxing effects on the body. Though, even if I whole-heartedly hated smoking weed, I would still be a proponent of its legalization.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 3:54:36 PM
At 7/12/2015 3:29:00 PM, plants wrote:

*Shuffles Cards*

It's pleasant and relaxing effects on the body. Though, even if I whole-heartedly hated smoking weed, I would still be a proponent of its legalization.
I doubt you'd be pro-legalization if you didn't enjoy smoking pot.
Tell me. How great of a priority do you think that should be for our country when compared with issues such as the marriage debate, immigration, and foreign relations?
TUF, and YYW
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 4:07:44 PM
Ah. I'll include race relations and corruption among those competing issues.
TUF, and YYW
plants
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 8:55:01 PM
At 7/12/2015 3:54:36 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 7/12/2015 3:29:00 PM, plants wrote:

*Shuffles Cards*

I doubt you'd be pro-legalization if you didn't enjoy smoking pot.

I don't inject heroine but I belive it ought to be legalized.

Tell me. How great of a priority do you think that should be for our country when compared with issues such as the marriage debate, immigration, and foreign relations?

Gay marriage is less of an issue given that it has been legalized. Immigration and foreign relations are more important, imo.

I just like debating legalization because I know a lot about the issue and I find it more interesting than debate over foreign relations. Not to say that I wouldnt debate immigration and other foreign affairs.
plants
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 8:57:10 PM
At 7/12/2015 4:07:44 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Like I said, I don't find drug legalization to be the most important issue. I doubt all drugs will ever be legalized in the USA, at least not any time soon.

I just specialize in that topic because I think it's interesting.

That's like condemning me for spending time knitting as a hobby when there are more pressing issues that I could solve via a new hobby like feeding homeless children.
Stag-55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 8:59:43 PM
At 7/12/2015 8:57:10 PM, plants wrote:

Like I said, I don't find drug legalization to be the most important issue. I doubt all drugs will ever be legalized in the USA, at least not any time soon.

That's like condemning me for spending time knitting as a hobby when there are more pressing issues that I could solve via a new hobby like feeding homeless children.
Okay, I'll tell you what. I can debate you on Edeb8.com if you create an account. I would be either Pro or Con, but I prefer Pro. I would like it if we debated a topic regarding the legalization of ALL drugs, not just fake wannabe drugs like Marijuana and Shrooms that all the tweenies use.
plants
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 9:12:17 PM
At 7/12/2015 8:59:43 PM, Stag-55 wrote:

Okay, I'll tell you what. I can debate you on Edeb8.com if you create an account. I would be either Pro or Con, but I prefer Pro. I would like it if we debated a topic regarding the legalization of ALL drugs, not just fake wannabe drugs like Marijuana and Shrooms that all the tweenies use.

Hmm, I might take you up on that. Idk if I want to get an account that I regularly use on TWO debating sites though, lol.

Yes please, full legalization is ideal. I also prefer pro though, lol. I could do con but I would be playing hard core devil's advocate and would probably provide some wonky counterplan.
Stag-55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 9:14:22 PM
At 7/12/2015 9:12:17 PM, plants wrote:

Hmm, I might take you up on that. Idk if I want to get an account that I regularly use on TWO debating sites though, lol.

Yes please, full legalization is ideal. I also prefer pro though, lol. I could do con but I would be playing hard core devil's advocate and would probably provide some wonky counterplan.
Think about it. Edeb8 has cross examination, and that has become pretty much a must for any debates I do.
plants
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 9:15:47 PM
At 7/12/2015 9:14:22 PM, Stag-55 wrote:
At 7/12/2015 9:12:17 PM, plants wrote:

Think about it. Edeb8 has cross examination, and that has become pretty much a must for any debates I do.

Hmm, I mean you could kind of do a weird type of CX on here, but it wouldn't be as good.

CX is great though I feel like it's less necessary in written debate than it is in formal debate.