Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

MIRZA Ought to Return POST HENCE!

mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 4:53:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
yep.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 4:56:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I wonder why you want him back. Or why he got 2 threads after leaving.

Well idk I guess when known members leave they get a thread, but I don't understand ths one.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 4:59:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/19/2010 4:56:25 PM, lovelife wrote:
I wonder why you want him back. Or why he got 2 threads after leaving.

Well idk I guess when known members leave they get a thread, but I don't understand ths one.

Are you still upset about the sexism argument?
Yvette
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 5:09:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/19/2010 4:59:22 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/19/2010 4:56:25 PM, lovelife wrote:
I wonder why you want him back. Or why he got 2 threads after leaving.

Well idk I guess when known members leave they get a thread, but I don't understand ths one.

Are you still upset about the sexism argument?

Actually it kind of seems like Mirza is. I can't think of any other reason he'd leave. It's too bad either way...
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 5:10:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/19/2010 5:09:42 PM, Yvette wrote:
At 8/19/2010 4:59:22 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/19/2010 4:56:25 PM, lovelife wrote:
I wonder why you want him back. Or why he got 2 threads after leaving.

Well idk I guess when known members leave they get a thread, but I don't understand ths one.

Are you still upset about the sexism argument?

Actually it kind of seems like Mirza is. I can't think of any other reason he'd leave. It's too bad either way...

Yea, now I'm all alone to defend islam, and my views don't even really represent the views of most mainstream muslims.
Yvette
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 5:14:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/19/2010 5:10:59 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/19/2010 5:09:42 PM, Yvette wrote:
At 8/19/2010 4:59:22 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/19/2010 4:56:25 PM, lovelife wrote:
I wonder why you want him back. Or why he got 2 threads after leaving.

Well idk I guess when known members leave they get a thread, but I don't understand ths one.

Are you still upset about the sexism argument?

Actually it kind of seems like Mirza is. I can't think of any other reason he'd leave. It's too bad either way...

Yea, now I'm all alone to defend islam, and my views don't even really represent the views of most mainstream muslims.

To be honest, you'll probably have an easier time of defending Islam as more positive without someone else getting quoted around the forum as defending capital punishment, sexism, etc in the name of Islam.
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 5:16:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/19/2010 5:14:28 PM, Yvette wrote:
At 8/19/2010 5:10:59 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Yea, now I'm all alone to defend islam, and my views don't even really represent the views of most mainstream muslims.

To be honest, you'll probably have an easier time of defending Islam as more positive without someone else getting quoted around the forum as defending capital punishment, sexism, etc in the name of Islam.

I disagree.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 5:16:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/19/2010 5:14:28 PM, Yvette wrote:

To be honest, you'll probably have an easier time of defending Islam as more positive without someone else getting quoted around the forum as defending capital punishment, sexism, etc in the name of Islam.

Mirza was defending Saudi Arabia. Enough said.
Yvette
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 5:20:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/19/2010 5:16:39 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 8/19/2010 5:14:28 PM, Yvette wrote:
At 8/19/2010 5:10:59 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Yea, now I'm all alone to defend islam, and my views don't even really represent the views of most mainstream muslims.

To be honest, you'll probably have an easier time of defending Islam as more positive without someone else getting quoted around the forum as defending capital punishment, sexism, etc in the name of Islam.

I disagree.

"No, really, you can be Islamic without hating women and supporting capital punishment for infidels."

"CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR INFIDELS!"

"Really, Islam is a religion of peace..."

So, some reasoning behind why you disagree maybe? I mean it's nice that you disagree but usually people offer explanations for opinions they've bothered to post.
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 5:21:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
he actually would sometimes respond somewhat to arguments.

that's a pre-requisite to defending islam.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 5:22:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/19/2010 5:21:19 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
he actually would sometimes respond somewhat to arguments.

that's a pre-requisite to defending islam.

Don't start. I responded to your arguments several times.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 7:41:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/19/2010 4:59:22 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/19/2010 4:56:25 PM, lovelife wrote:
I wonder why you want him back. Or why he got 2 threads after leaving.

Well idk I guess when known members leave they get a thread, but I don't understand ths one.

Are you still upset about the sexism argument?

How do you get me being upset? I didn't refuse to debate and then close my account.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 7:54:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/19/2010 7:41:36 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/19/2010 4:59:22 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/19/2010 4:56:25 PM, lovelife wrote:
I wonder why you want him back. Or why he got 2 threads after leaving.

Well idk I guess when known members leave they get a thread, but I don't understand ths one.

Are you still upset about the sexism argument?

How do you get me being upset? I didn't refuse to debate and then close my account.

Ok, maybe he was upset then. Gah, I don't know anymore! :s
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 7:59:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/19/2010 7:54:49 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/19/2010 7:41:36 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/19/2010 4:59:22 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/19/2010 4:56:25 PM, lovelife wrote:
I wonder why you want him back. Or why he got 2 threads after leaving.

Well idk I guess when known members leave they get a thread, but I don't understand ths one.

Are you still upset about the sexism argument?

How do you get me being upset? I didn't refuse to debate and then close my account.

Ok, maybe he was upset then. Gah, I don't know anymore! :s

Lol
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Yvette
Posts: 859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 8:30:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/19/2010 7:41:36 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 8/19/2010 4:59:22 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/19/2010 4:56:25 PM, lovelife wrote:
I wonder why you want him back. Or why he got 2 threads after leaving.

Well idk I guess when known members leave they get a thread, but I don't understand ths one.

Are you still upset about the sexism argument?

How do you get me being upset? I didn't refuse to debate and then close my account.

You have a point.
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 12:18:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/19/2010 4:56:25 PM, lovelife wrote:
I wonder why you want him back. Or why he got 2 threads after leaving.

Well idk I guess when known members leave they get a thread, but I don't understand ths one.

1: He is the best Muslim poster we have (as in the best person around to defend and explain Islam).
2: He seems like quite a nice fellow, even has a sense of humour.
3: He is the most active conservative theist on the religion board. Now we are left with 600 atheists, half a dozen liberal wishy washy types, a ufo bothering Buddhist, a couple of Deists and an occasional angry chimp.
4: His reason for leaving is gay.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 12:21:14 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/19/2010 5:16:48 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/19/2010 5:14:28 PM, Yvette wrote:

To be honest, you'll probably have an easier time of defending Islam as more positive without someone else getting quoted around the forum as defending capital punishment, sexism, etc in the name of Islam.

Mirza was defending Saudi Arabia. Enough said.

See that is the thing that annoys me, he has to defend Saudi Arabia due to tribalism, no part of religion should be tribalistic, especially not Islam.

Yet at the same time when you point that Saudi Arabia does not conduct itself as an Islamic state according to the koran he will distance himself from them.

Make your mind up.

Anyway hope he comes back.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 12:25:38 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/20/2010 12:18:50 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/19/2010 4:56:25 PM, lovelife wrote:
I wonder why you want him back. Or why he got 2 threads after leaving.

Well idk I guess when known members leave they get a thread, but I don't understand ths one.

1: He is the best Muslim poster we have (as in the best person around to defend and explain Islam).
2: He seems like quite a nice fellow, even has a sense of humour.
3: He is the most active conservative theist on the religion board. Now we are left with 600 atheists, half a dozen liberal wishy washy types, a ufo bothering Buddhist, a couple of Deists and an occasional angry chimp.

None of that means that this thread couldn't be in the other thread. no point in making two threads about the same thing.

4: His reason for leaving is gay.

He left because of cjl? Cjl left so did Mirza go to chase after him?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 1:10:54 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
As odd a combination as it may seem, he and i PM a lot. This time he was pretty upset. He's really a pretty decent person, but has some unique views and perspective to DDO. He's certainly not a troll, and he conducts himself pretty well. I really don't understand the desire to make DDO so homogeneous. I truly enjoy the extreme views of some; views that i don't come close to agreeing with.

His last PM to me was a little cryptic: "In any case, the next step here for me has nothing to do with anything that has happened on DDO whatsoever. It is more of real life - in case anyone asks. The timing is just bad, but that happens in life. Some coincidences are just feared and unexpected events.", but it was preceded by other posts that expressed disappointment.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 1:30:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/20/2010 12:18:50 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

1: He is the best Muslim poster we have (as in the best person around to defend and explain Islam).

Agreed. He certainly knows more answers than I do although I'm learning. I have even tried defending accepted islamic views I don't necessarily agree with.

2: He seems like quite a nice fellow, even has a sense of humour.

At times he was pretty funny. Friendly too and rarely insulted anybody.

3: He is the most active conservative theist on the religion board. Now we are left with 600 atheists, half a dozen liberal wishy washy types, a ufo bothering Buddhist, a couple of Deists and an occasional angry chimp.

I'll admit, I fit into the bolded category, sadly. I should go back to more orthodox islam, lol. Nah, who knows? I might some day.

4: His reason for leaving is gay.

He talked to you about why he left?
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 1:31:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Every time I see POST HENCE it makes me think of "Go forth and multiply..." no clue why. Just throwing that out there.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 1:35:07 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/20/2010 1:10:54 AM, innomen wrote:
As odd a combination as it may seem, he and i PM a lot. This time he was pretty upset. He's really a pretty decent person, but has some unique views and perspective to DDO. He's certainly not a troll, and he conducts himself pretty well. I really don't understand the desire to make DDO so homogeneous. I truly enjoy the extreme views of some; views that i don't come close to agreeing with.

His last PM to me was a little cryptic: "In any case, the next step here for me has nothing to do with anything that has happened on DDO whatsoever. It is more of real life - in case anyone asks. The timing is just bad, but that happens in life. Some coincidences are just feared and unexpected events.", but it was preceded by other posts that expressed disappointment.

I'm sorry if I offended him. I don't want him to be gone. Did he say he will come back? I don't want DDO or anything to be all the same, I like diversity and came here to learn comflicting veiws and about other religions and also to argue my stance. But thats just me. Even if he said its personal I still feel guilty for some reason even if it had nothing to do with me.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 2:07:20 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have his personal email, and i will encourage him to come back. He's a 17 year old kid and has all the same fears, doubts and insecurities as other 17 year old kids. He's really a good guy personally, but is bound to principles that are counter to pretty much everyone here. This is a debate site right?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 5:48:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/19/2010 4:53:15 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
yep.:

That's "post haste"
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 5:50:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/20/2010 5:48:11 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 8/19/2010 4:53:15 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
yep.:

That's "post haste"

GTFO my thread.

lol
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 9:53:55 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/20/2010 1:30:32 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/20/2010 12:18:50 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:


4: His reason for leaving is gay.

He talked to you about why he left?

No, I got the wrong end of the stick.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 7:47:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/20/2010 5:48:11 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 8/19/2010 4:53:15 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
yep.:

That's "post haste"

Yah... I was going to comment on that but decided not to be an arse about it :p
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 7:47:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 8/20/2010 7:47:13 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 8/20/2010 5:48:11 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 8/19/2010 4:53:15 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
yep.:

That's "post haste"

Yah... I was going to comment on that but decided not to be an arse about it :p

hehe. i thought he was trying to make some obscure joke :P
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...