MIRZA Ought to Return POST HENCE!

mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 4:53:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
yep.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 4:56:25 PM
I wonder why you want him back. Or why he got 2 threads after leaving.

Well idk I guess when known members leave they get a thread, but I don't understand ths one.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 4:59:22 PM
At 8/19/2010 4:56:25 PM, lovelife wrote:

Well idk I guess when known members leave they get a thread, but I don't understand ths one.

Are you still upset about the sexism argument?
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 5:09:42 PM
At 8/19/2010 4:59:22 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Actually it kind of seems like Mirza is. I can't think of any other reason he'd leave. It's too bad either way...
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 5:10:59 PM
At 8/19/2010 5:09:42 PM, Yvette wrote:

Actually it kind of seems like Mirza is. I can't think of any other reason he'd leave. It's too bad either way...

Yea, now I'm all alone to defend islam, and my views don't even really represent the views of most mainstream muslims.
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 5:14:28 PM
At 8/19/2010 5:10:59 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 8/19/2010 5:09:42 PM, Yvette wrote:

Yea, now I'm all alone to defend islam, and my views don't even really represent the views of most mainstream muslims.

To be honest, you'll probably have an easier time of defending Islam as more positive without someone else getting quoted around the forum as defending capital punishment, sexism, etc in the name of Islam.

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 5:16:39 PM
At 8/19/2010 5:14:28 PM, Yvette wrote:

To be honest, you'll probably have an easier time of defending Islam as more positive without someone else getting quoted around the forum as defending capital punishment, sexism, etc in the name of Islam.

I disagree.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 5:16:48 PM

Mirza was defending Saudi Arabia. Enough said.
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 5:20:03 PM
At 8/19/2010 5:16:39 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

I disagree.

"No, really, you can be Islamic without hating women and supporting capital punishment for infidels."

"CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR INFIDELS!"

"Really, Islam is a religion of peace..."

So, some reasoning behind why you disagree maybe? I mean it's nice that you disagree but usually people offer explanations for opinions they've bothered to post.

mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 5:21:19 PM
he actually would sometimes respond somewhat to arguments.

that's a pre-requisite to defending islam.

Metaphysics:
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 5:22:14 PM
At 8/19/2010 5:21:19 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
he actually would sometimes respond somewhat to arguments.

that's a pre-requisite to defending islam.

Don't start. I responded to your arguments several times.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 7:41:36 PM

How do you get me being upset? I didn't refuse to debate and then close my account.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 7:54:49 PM
At 8/19/2010 7:41:36 PM, lovelife wrote:

How do you get me being upset? I didn't refuse to debate and then close my account.

Ok, maybe he was upset then. Gah, I don't know anymore! :s
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 7:59:15 PM
At 8/19/2010 7:54:49 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Ok, maybe he was upset then. Gah, I don't know anymore! :s

Lol
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2010 8:30:31 PM

You have a point.

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 12:18:50 AM

1: He is the best Muslim poster we have (as in the best person around to defend and explain Islam).
2: He seems like quite a nice fellow, even has a sense of humour.
3: He is the most active conservative theist on the religion board. Now we are left with 600 atheists, half a dozen liberal wishy washy types, a ufo bothering Buddhist, a couple of Deists and an occasional angry chimp.
4: His reason for leaving is gay.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 12:21:14 AM
At 8/19/2010 5:16:48 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Mirza was defending Saudi Arabia. Enough said.

See that is the thing that annoys me, he has to defend Saudi Arabia due to tribalism, no part of religion should be tribalistic, especially not Islam.

Yet at the same time when you point that Saudi Arabia does not conduct itself as an Islamic state according to the koran he will distance himself from them.

Make your mind up.

Anyway hope he comes back.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 12:25:38 AM
At 8/20/2010 12:18:50 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

1: He is the best Muslim poster we have (as in the best person around to defend and explain Islam).
3: He is the most active conservative theist on the religion board. Now we are left with 600 atheists, half a dozen liberal wishy washy types, a ufo bothering Buddhist, a couple of Deists and an occasional angry chimp.

None of that means that this thread couldn't be in the other thread. no point in making two threads about the same thing.

He left because of cjl? Cjl left so did Mirza go to chase after him?
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 1:10:54 AM
As odd a combination as it may seem, he and i PM a lot. This time he was pretty upset. He's really a pretty decent person, but has some unique views and perspective to DDO. He's certainly not a troll, and he conducts himself pretty well. I really don't understand the desire to make DDO so homogeneous. I truly enjoy the extreme views of some; views that i don't come close to agreeing with.

His last PM to me was a little cryptic: "In any case, the next step here for me has nothing to do with anything that has happened on DDO whatsoever. It is more of real life - in case anyone asks. The timing is just bad, but that happens in life. Some coincidences are just feared and unexpected events.", but it was preceded by other posts that expressed disappointment.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 1:30:32 AM

Agreed. He certainly knows more answers than I do although I'm learning. I have even tried defending accepted islamic views I don't necessarily agree with.

At times he was pretty funny. Friendly too and rarely insulted anybody.

I'll admit, I fit into the bolded category, sadly. I should go back to more orthodox islam, lol. Nah, who knows? I might some day.

He talked to you about why he left?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 1:31:50 AM
Every time I see POST HENCE it makes me think of "Go forth and multiply..." no clue why. Just throwing that out there.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 1:35:07 AM
At 8/20/2010 1:10:54 AM, innomen wrote:
As odd a combination as it may seem, he and i PM a lot. This time he was pretty upset. He's really a pretty decent person, but has some unique views and perspective to DDO. He's certainly not a troll, and he conducts himself pretty well. I really don't understand the desire to make DDO so homogeneous. I truly enjoy the extreme views of some; views that i don't come close to agreeing with.

His last PM to me was a little cryptic: "In any case, the next step here for me has nothing to do with anything that has happened on DDO whatsoever. It is more of real life - in case anyone asks. The timing is just bad, but that happens in life. Some coincidences are just feared and unexpected events.", but it was preceded by other posts that expressed disappointment.

I'm sorry if I offended him. I don't want him to be gone. Did he say he will come back? I don't want DDO or anything to be all the same, I like diversity and came here to learn comflicting veiws and about other religions and also to argue my stance. But thats just me. Even if he said its personal I still feel guilty for some reason even if it had nothing to do with me.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 2:07:20 AM
I have his personal email, and i will encourage him to come back. He's a 17 year old kid and has all the same fears, doubts and insecurities as other 17 year old kids. He's really a good guy personally, but is bound to principles that are counter to pretty much everyone here. This is a debate site right?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 5:48:11 AM
At 8/19/2010 4:53:15 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
yep.:

That's "post haste"
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 5:50:33 AM
At 8/20/2010 5:48:11 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
yep.:

That's "post haste"

GTFO my thread.

lol

Metaphysics:
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 9:53:55 AM
At 8/20/2010 1:30:32 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:

He talked to you about why he left?

No, I got the wrong end of the stick.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 7:47:13 PM
yep.:

That's "post haste"

Yah... I was going to comment on that but decided not to be an arse about it :p
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2010 7:47:56 PM
At 8/20/2010 7:47:13 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
yep.:

That's "post haste"

Yah... I was going to comment on that but decided not to be an arse about it :p

hehe. i thought he was trying to make some obscure joke :P
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...