Jump to topic:

A word about off-site attacks

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 6:41:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Something that really pisses me off is when people attack other members off of DDO. If you have something to say about a member, and you want to post it for all to see, don't hide on other sites. It's simple cowardice, and I have no respect for anyone who takes to other sites to write demeaning things about members for all to see. Whether it be through the DDO Wiki, Facebook, or whatever - I think it's time that these sort of attacks be seen as punishable on DDO. For someone that just wants to avoid punishment, it's a sad display of character, and they should know better: and the only way they will know better is if there's a consequence.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 6:45:33 PM
At 7/15/2015 6:44:14 PM, FullMetal.Alchemist wrote:
Most sites, including DDO, have "block user" feature that comes in handy for situations like those.

That doesn't apply to public posts, or what people see.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 6:51:33 PM
At 7/15/2015 6:41:23 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Something that really pisses me off is when people attack other members off of DDO. If you have something to say about a member, and you want to post it for all to see, don't hide on other sites. It's simple cowardice, and I have no respect for anyone who takes to other sites to write demeaning things about members for all to see. Whether it be through the DDO Wiki, Facebook, or whatever
This may be a stupid question since it may be included under 'whatever', but do attacks in Google hangouts also count?

- I think it's time that these sort of attacks be seen as punishable on DDO. For someone that just wants to avoid punishment, it's a sad display of character, and they should know better: and the only way they will know better is if there's a consequence.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 6:52:44 PM
At 7/15/2015 6:51:33 PM, SamStevens wrote:
Something that really pisses me off is when people attack other members off of DDO. If you have something to say about a member, and you want to post it for all to see, don't hide on other sites. It's simple cowardice, and I have no respect for anyone who takes to other sites to write demeaning things about members for all to see. Whether it be through the DDO Wiki, Facebook, or whatever
This may be a stupid question since it may be included under 'whatever', but do attacks in Google hangouts also count?

Google Hangouts can't be described as a public written post, so that's more to the effect of a PM.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 6:57:01 PM
yea that's why I don't add yall on FB, my entire feed is just mocking literally everyone here
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 7:02:23 PM
At 7/15/2015 6:57:01 PM, thett3 wrote:
yea that's why I don't add yall on FB, my entire feed is just mocking literally everyone here

I'm curious now
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 7:02:45 PM
At 7/15/2015 6:57:01 PM, thett3 wrote:

http://i.imgur.com...

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 7:13:40 PM
I'm sorry for posting pics of Heil's real life identity on my Facebook page.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 7:16:49 PM
OMG, has someone been making fun of my uni-brow and beard?
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 8:10:34 PM
At 7/15/2015 7:16:49 PM, Emilrose wrote:

yes
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 8:32:15 PM
At 7/15/2015 8:10:34 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

yes

knew it
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 8:48:25 PM
At 7/15/2015 8:32:15 PM, Emilrose wrote:

yes

knew it

k
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 8:49:02 PM
At 7/15/2015 8:48:25 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 7/15/2015 8:32:15 PM, Emilrose wrote:

yes

knew it

k

k

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 9:04:07 PM
At 7/15/2015 8:52:26 PM, TUF wrote:
This more drama on the GCL/ajabi thing?

No.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 9:09:38 PM
Something that really pisses me off is when people attack other members off of DDO. If you have something to say about a member, and you want to post it for all to see, don't hide on other sites. It's simple cowardice, and I have no respect for anyone who takes to other sites to write demeaning things about members for all to see. Whether it be through the DDO Wiki, Facebook, or whatever - I think it's time that these sort of attacks be seen as punishable on DDO. For someone that just wants to avoid punishment, it's a sad display of character, and they should know better: and the only way they will know better is if there's a consequence.

Who keeps attacking you?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 9:10:43 PM
At 7/15/2015 9:09:38 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Who keeps attacking you?

I've never seen someone attack me off-site, it's other people.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 9:11:40 PM
At 7/15/2015 9:10:43 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Who keeps attacking you?

Who keeps on attacking these other people?

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 9:12:53 PM
At 7/15/2015 9:11:40 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Who keeps attacking you?

It's not just one person, and I couldn't tell you anyway - or else it would just be a call-out thread.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 9:13:52 PM
At 7/15/2015 9:12:53 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Who keeps attacking you?

It's not just one person, and I couldn't tell you anyway - or else it would just be a call-out thread.

Shouldn't you tell airmax then?

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 9:13:59 PM

Who keeps attacking you?

Well, she is a mod. :3

And killjoy.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 9:14:44 PM
At 7/15/2015 9:13:52 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Who keeps attacking you?

I have.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 9:15:20 PM
At 7/15/2015 9:14:44 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Who keeps attacking you?

I have.

And did he do anything?

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 9:17:34 PM
At 7/15/2015 9:15:20 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Who keeps attacking you?

I have.

And did he do anything?

I wouldn't know.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 9:19:04 PM

Who keeps attacking you?

I have.

And did he do anything?

I have a post over on the Sports Forum you would probably enjoy looking at.

Well, not the post so much, maybe--but the link! Check it out. You might spend hours looking at it!
Enjoy!!

(woulda done this in a pm but you have them blocked.)

http://www.debate.org...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 9:19:12 PM
At 7/15/2015 9:17:34 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Who keeps attacking you?

I have.

And did he do anything?

I wouldn't know.

Then what is the context for you making this forum post?

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 9:22:00 PM
At 7/15/2015 9:19:12 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/15/2015 9:17:34 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Who keeps attacking you?

I have.

And did he do anything?

I wouldn't know.

Then what is the context for you making this forum post?

I'm not going to divulge my interactions with Airmax.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 9:23:00 PM
At 7/15/2015 9:19:04 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Who keeps attacking you?

I have.

And did he do anything?

I have a post over on the Sports Forum you would probably enjoy looking at.

Well, not the post so much, maybe--but the link! Check it out. You might spend hours looking at it!
Enjoy!!

(woulda done this in a pm but you have them blocked.)

http://www.debate.org...

Can you stop?

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 9:23:09 PM

I can agree with this with very little difficulty. However, as someone who has been attacked off site with gratuitous excess... I would only offer this:

"Say it to my face, you bitches."
Tsar of DDO