Questions relating to deleting my account

Stefy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 1:07:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
1) How do I delete my account?
2) If I do delete it will past comments, polls, posts, etc. be deleted as well?

This place is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. Its like they took all the internet trolls from every other part of the internet and made them their own website. Its awful. The only fun section is the forums everything else is terrible. I have one debate to finish and then I'm deleting this. But I need help to do so because I'm missing some crucial information as you can see.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 3:55:50 PM
At 7/19/2015 1:07:38 PM, Stefy wrote:

You cannot delete, but you can deactivate. Go to your settings and you should be able to do that.

No, they won't be deleted.

This place is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. Its like they took all the internet trolls from every other part of the internet and made them their own website. Its awful. The only fun section is the forums everything else is terrible. I have one debate to finish and then I'm deleting this. But I need help to do so because I'm missing some crucial information as you can see.

DDO is not Mos Eisley Spaceport. Sure, we have our trolls, but we also have some truly great users. The trolls are avoidable, and I don't really feel like that comparison is in any way accurate. Still, if you feel the need to leave, then I wish you luck on your last debate.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
mystery_man43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 4:10:04 PM

My suggestion is just ignore the trolls. Report them if necessary. Although, if you're becoming seriously bothered by them, then I suggest deactivating your account. And no, they won't delete your comments, polls, etc. Perhaps you could send them an e-mail if they could delete them for you, but I'm not sure if that will work. Maybe if you take a break from DDO it will help. A lot of people do that, especially people that have been on here for a while, like you.
I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 4:12:07 PM

Please don't leave, if you do decide to leave than can you answer this question please http://ih0.redbubble.net...
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 7:59:50 PM

What are some examples why you feel this way? Sure the site seems to attract trolls, but I don't see much of a problem with the other people.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 8:00:51 PM

What are some examples why you feel this way? I don't see much of a problem with this place.
komododragon8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 8:02:58 PM

You have been a valued ally and I'm sad to see you go. I wish you success in all your future endeavors.
Stefy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 9:17:56 PM
At 7/19/2015 8:02:58 PM, komododragon8 wrote:

You have been a valued ally and I'm sad to see you go. I wish you success in all your future endeavors.

if i can inly deactivate i might not bother. I want my account deleted not deactivated. I just sort of realized how idiotic it is to post my current personel beliefs online. Employers and stuff look online.
Stefy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 9:19:39 PM
At 7/19/2015 8:00:51 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

What are some examples why you feel this way? I don't see much of a problem with this place.

Its not so much specific people, though it is, but its more that by its very nature this site attracts pretentious and self absorbed fifteen year olds with way too much time on their hands.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 9:27:50 PM
At 7/19/2015 9:19:39 PM, Stefy wrote:

Its not so much specific people, though it is, but its more that by its very nature this site attracts pretentious and self absorbed fifteen year olds with way too much time on their hands.

Yeah :/

Well, the only alternative I can think of is to get airmax to ban your account, instead of having it deactivated.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Stefy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2015 9:31:50 PM
At 7/19/2015 9:27:50 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/19/2015 9:19:39 PM, Stefy wrote:

Yeah :/

Well, the only alternative I can think of is to get airmax to ban your account, instead of having it deactivated.

no ill just deactivate it
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 10:51:12 AM

1) I never understand why people care if the inactive account stay on the site, but you and others have asked for the same.

2) If you are having issues with people, let us know. Let the admins know.

3) The best bet is to not worry about it so much. I can't for the life see taking words on a screen as scary.
Stefy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 10:16:49 PM
At 7/20/2015 10:51:12 AM, TBR wrote:

1) I never understand why people care if the inactive account stay on the site, but you and others have asked for the same.

2) If you are having issues with people, let us know. Let the admins know.

3) The best bet is to not worry about it so much. I can't for the life see taking words on a screen as scary.

Im actually not being bothered by anyne...anymore. But i had this sudden realization that being on this site is just awful. Im just finishing up a debate that some guy put like 5 rounds on and then im probs done.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 10:26:52 PM

Im actually not being bothered by anyne...anymore. But i had this sudden realization that being on this site is just awful. Im just finishing up a debate that some guy put like 5 rounds on and then im probs done.

Well, I will not try to convince you to stay. I have enjoyed some of our interactions, and I wish you well. Regardless, you should try to take people with some... well, understand that not everyone is going to be kind and thoughtful. If your time on the site has given you some good, most bad, just look to the little good, and learn from the bad.

TBR
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 2:40:25 AM
At 7/19/2015 9:17:56 PM, Stefy wrote:
At 7/19/2015 8:02:58 PM, komododragon8 wrote:

if i can inly deactivate i might not bother. I want my account deleted not deactivated. I just sort of realized how idiotic it is to post my current personel beliefs online. Employers and stuff look online.

An employer could not conceivably find you on here.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 7:01:18 AM
At 7/19/2015 3:55:50 PM, bsh1 wrote:

You cannot delete, but you can deactivate. Go to your settings and you should be able to do that.

No, they won't be deleted.

DDO is not Mos Eisley Spaceport.

Lol, this. This website is like, one of the tamest least trolling websites I've been on in a while. I mean really... go try and argue with people on youtube or other social networking sites. They're alot less civilized.

Sure, we have our trolls, but we also have some truly great users. The trolls are avoidable, and I don't really feel like that comparison is in any way accurate. Still, if you feel the need to leave, then I wish you luck on your last debate.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 6:47:46 PM

Lol, I guess I was considered a troll in your eyes or no?
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 6:48:17 PM

Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 6:48:40 PM

Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 10:47:28 PM
At 7/20/2015 10:26:52 PM, TBR wrote:

Well, I will not try to convince you to stay. I have enjoyed some of our interactions, and I wish you well. Regardless, you should try to take people with some... well, understand that not everyone is going to be kind and thoughtful. If your time on the site has given you some good, most bad, just look to the little good, and learn from the bad.

TBR
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...