Total Posts:101|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

DDO's Most Underrated *

inferno
Posts: 11,097
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 10:49:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am glad to say that this is a topic that deserves to be praised. Why ? Because there are users on this site who go unnoticed among other things. Needless to say that it may have affected them in ways that you cannot fathom. But Im gonna say this persons name because if anything, they deserve to be in the DDO Hall Of Fame. And that name is Man Is Good. He is perhaps the most intelligent and articulate person on this site. He goes unnoticed because he doesn't follow the status quo, or does he go along with the pop culture of todays generic world. The kids modest at best, and doesn't care about getting attention all the time. But he has a good heart. He is the most underrated member here hands down. You should all be ashamed to not have taken note of such a great and fluent mind. Comments. Who do you think is DDOs most underrated person today. =)
inferno
Posts: 11,097
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 1:06:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/20/2015 11:40:01 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Wow, I haven't even heard of him.

That's my point. He was hardly noticed here at least in a way that he should have been. Who do you think is an underrated user here.
TUF
Posts: 21,767
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 1:27:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I agree, Man-Is-Good was awesome. Wish he was still around.

I would go Cody_Franklin, or KRFornier. Both amazing debaters, and some of the most intelligent people on the website. Everytime I mention this people don't seem to agree with me, but I don't think those people have ever really talked to them much or seen them around. Cody Franklin has a way of wording almost anything to have you convinced that he is right. He has an amazing vocabulary, and is extremely respectable, kind, and formidable. He makes an appearance every so often to grace us with his presence.
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 3:09:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Vi_Spex
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
PetersSmith
Posts: 6,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 3:11:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Me
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
n7
Posts: 1,401
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 3:14:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/20/2015 3:09:24 PM, Preston wrote:
Vi_Spex
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.


Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
PetersSmith
Posts: 6,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 4:12:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/20/2015 4:11:49 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/20/2015 3:11:42 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
Me

Who are you.

)':
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
inferno
Posts: 11,097
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 4:13:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/20/2015 1:27:58 PM, TUF wrote:
I agree, Man-Is-Good was awesome. Wish he was still around.

I would go Cody_Franklin, or KRFornier. Both amazing debaters, and some of the most intelligent people on the website. Everytime I mention this people don't seem to agree with me, but I don't think those people have ever really talked to them much or seen them around. Cody Franklin has a way of wording almost anything to have you convinced that he is right. He has an amazing vocabulary, and is extremely respectable, kind, and formidable. He makes an appearance every so often to grace us with his presence.

The kid is ahead of his time. Very detailed oriented, and poetic. These so called intellectuals are not that spiritual if you ask me. But he was one of them.
inferno
Posts: 11,097
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 4:14:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/20/2015 4:12:31 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 7/20/2015 4:11:49 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/20/2015 3:11:42 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
Me

Who are you.

)':

Oh nobody special. Okay.
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 4:19:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
MiG and 00ike are two of my favourite members and I wish they were active again.
"Still rock my khakis with a cuff and a crease"

~ Dr. Dre

"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"I don't think you'll have children anyway, Shab"

~ SardonicPerson
sadolite
Posts: 9,006
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 4:28:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/20/2015 3:11:42 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
Me

Ya me too, I follow no man and tell it like it is no matter who it pisses off.
I am not what you think I am. You ARE what you think I am

Jesus loves you but I'm his favorite
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 5:16:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/20/2015 4:28:22 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/20/2015 3:11:42 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
Me

Ya me too, I follow no man and tell it like it is no matter who it pisses off.

Same here. I don't care what people think.
Emilrose
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 6:11:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/20/2015 1:06:01 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/20/2015 11:40:01 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Wow, I haven't even heard of him.

That's my point. He was hardly noticed here at least in a way that he should have been. Who do you think is an underrated user here.

Mmmmm, you of course ;)
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2015 6:32:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/20/2015 11:40:01 AM, Emilrose wrote:
Wow, I haven't even heard of him.
"Arms are weak, mom's spaghetti"
-Plato
Wylted
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 8:29:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/22/2015 8:01:55 AM, inferno wrote:
At 7/21/2015 2:05:26 AM, Wylted wrote:
Zarroette

What about Wylted.

I feel like I'm both underrated and overrated. I also feel like I can beat anyone here, even if they are better than me. I kind of have a knack for being able to play on the biases of weak voters. (Within the debate, not extra stuff outside of it).
inferno
Posts: 11,097
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 9:09:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/20/2015 4:28:22 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/20/2015 3:11:42 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
Me

Ya me too, I follow no man and tell it like it is no matter who it pisses off.

You may have been the top before, but you kinda lost your edge.
inferno
Posts: 11,097
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 9:09:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/22/2015 8:29:06 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/22/2015 8:01:55 AM, inferno wrote:
At 7/21/2015 2:05:26 AM, Wylted wrote:
Zarroette

What about Wylted.

I feel like I'm both underrated and overrated. I also feel like I can beat anyone here, even if they are better than me. I kind of have a knack for being able to play on the biases of weak voters. (Within the debate, not extra stuff outside of it).

You may be a good debater, but you couldn't beat me in a thread war.
Wylted
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 9:43:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/22/2015 9:09:56 AM, inferno wrote:
At 7/22/2015 8:29:06 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/22/2015 8:01:55 AM, inferno wrote:
At 7/21/2015 2:05:26 AM, Wylted wrote:
Zarroette

What about Wylted.

I feel like I'm both underrated and overrated. I also feel like I can beat anyone here, even if they are better than me. I kind of have a knack for being able to play on the biases of weak voters. (Within the debate, not extra stuff outside of it).

You may be a good debater, but you couldn't beat me in a thread war.

I couldn't beat most people in one. I don't have that type of energy. I usually just end up ignoring the thread, when that happens.
FullMetal.Alchemist
Posts: 62
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 10:43:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 2:05:26 AM, Wylted wrote:
Zarroette

She seems overrated to me. She's on the front page of the leaderboard, yet most of her debates with good debaters have been crushing defeats (or narrow wins due to bad voting).
inferno
Posts: 11,097
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 10:50:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/22/2015 10:43:20 AM, FullMetal.Alchemist wrote:
At 7/21/2015 2:05:26 AM, Wylted wrote:
Zarroette

She seems overrated to me. She's on the front page of the leaderboard, yet most of her debates with good debaters have been crushing defeats (or narrow wins due to bad voting).

And who the hell are you.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 11:00:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I remember him vaguely; he was very well versed in cultural subjects, and kind of regret never being able to interact with him in any real capacity. In particular, I miss wnope, who was a pretty brilliant contributor and one of the better members to ever join the site. I actually miss charleslb as well; he was an articulate defender of a very unpopular viewpoint, which made for great conversation, and often isn't given the credit that he deserves.
"The wounded surgeon plies the steel
That questions the distempered part;
Beneath the bleeding hands we feel
The sharp compassion of the healer's art"
- T. S. Eliot -