Total Posts:38|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Vi_Spex Poll REMOVED!!!!

Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 7:49:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Guys it is absolutely tragic, our poll that was set up to poll if we felt Vi_spex should be in the DDOHOF was taken down! who has done sucha thing? Vi_spex is the most deserving of this title, he is diligent and working towards improving, participates in so many debates, and is always respectful! he should be immortalized!
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 10:19:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 7:49:52 AM, Preston wrote:
Guys it is absolutely tragic, our poll that was set up to poll if we felt Vi_spex should be in the DDOHOF was taken down! who has done sucha thing? Vi_spex is the most deserving of this title, he is diligent and working towards improving, participates in so many debates, and is always respectful! he should be immortalized!

Are you trolling?
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 10:20:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 10:19:45 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 7/21/2015 7:49:52 AM, Preston wrote:
Guys it is absolutely tragic, our poll that was set up to poll if we felt Vi_spex should be in the DDOHOF was taken down! who has done sucha thing? Vi_spex is the most deserving of this title, he is diligent and working towards improving, participates in so many debates, and is always respectful! he should be immortalized!

Are you trolling?

No, vispex is one of the most impressive people, he can lose so much but not let it get him down, he contributes to the development of the community in regards to debates.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 10:27:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 10:20:52 AM, Preston wrote:
At 7/21/2015 10:19:45 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 7/21/2015 7:49:52 AM, Preston wrote:
Guys it is absolutely tragic, our poll that was set up to poll if we felt Vi_spex should be in the DDOHOF was taken down! who has done sucha thing? Vi_spex is the most deserving of this title, he is diligent and working towards improving, participates in so many debates, and is always respectful! he should be immortalized!

Are you trolling?

No, vispex is one of the most impressive people, he can lose so much but not let it get him down, he contributes to the development of the community in regards to debates.

Okay, but why is this so important?
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 10:30:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 10:27:58 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 7/21/2015 10:20:52 AM, Preston wrote:
At 7/21/2015 10:19:45 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 7/21/2015 7:49:52 AM, Preston wrote:
Guys it is absolutely tragic, our poll that was set up to poll if we felt Vi_spex should be in the DDOHOF was taken down! who has done sucha thing? Vi_spex is the most deserving of this title, he is diligent and working towards improving, participates in so many debates, and is always respectful! he should be immortalized!

Are you trolling?

No, vispex is one of the most impressive people, he can lose so much but not let it get him down, he contributes to the development of the community in regards to debates.

Okay, but why is this so important?

I never claimed i was super important, but we had like 10 votes on it and they removed the poll!
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 10:33:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 7:49:52 AM, Preston wrote:
Guys it is absolutely tragic, our poll that was set up to poll if we felt Vi_spex should be in the DDOHOF was taken down! who has done sucha thing? Vi_spex is the most deserving of this title, he is diligent and working towards improving, participates in so many debates, and is always respectful! he should be immortalized!

I was shocked to see it gone this AM. Yes, "call out" and all.

Look, this is not some attempt to insult, or play with Vi_Spex. As I have said, several times now, the guy has shown MORE dedication to the debate section than ANY user. Forget his win record, he runs more than a debate PER DAY, and never has forfeited. He has never become upset, or lashed out at others. He just keeps bring it - over and over. Can ANY of us say that? He11 no. He IS legend. Ignoring this simply because he losses almost every time is the insult.
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 10:35:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 10:30:23 AM, Preston wrote:
At 7/21/2015 10:27:58 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 7/21/2015 10:20:52 AM, Preston wrote:
At 7/21/2015 10:19:45 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 7/21/2015 7:49:52 AM, Preston wrote:
Guys it is absolutely tragic, our poll that was set up to poll if we felt Vi_spex should be in the DDOHOF was taken down! who has done sucha thing? Vi_spex is the most deserving of this title, he is diligent and working towards improving, participates in so many debates, and is always respectful! he should be immortalized!

Are you trolling?

No, vispex is one of the most impressive people, he can lose so much but not let it get him down, he contributes to the development of the community in regards to debates.

Okay, but why is this so important?

I never claimed i was super important, but we had like 10 votes on it and they removed the poll!

If it isn't important, why are you making a call out thread about it? Polls get deleted all the time.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 10:36:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 10:35:10 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 7/21/2015 10:30:23 AM, Preston wrote:
At 7/21/2015 10:27:58 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 7/21/2015 10:20:52 AM, Preston wrote:
At 7/21/2015 10:19:45 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 7/21/2015 7:49:52 AM, Preston wrote:
Guys it is absolutely tragic, our poll that was set up to poll if we felt Vi_spex should be in the DDOHOF was taken down! who has done sucha thing? Vi_spex is the most deserving of this title, he is diligent and working towards improving, participates in so many debates, and is always respectful! he should be immortalized!

Are you trolling?

No, vispex is one of the most impressive people, he can lose so much but not let it get him down, he contributes to the development of the community in regards to debates.

Okay, but why is this so important?

I never claimed i was super important, but we had like 10 votes on it and they removed the poll!

If it isn't important, why are you making a call out thread about it? Polls get deleted all the time.

But this one was for the DDOHOF
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 10:36:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 7:49:52 AM, Preston wrote:
Guys it is absolutely tragic, our poll that was set up to poll if we felt Vi_spex should be in the DDOHOF was taken down! who has done sucha thing? Vi_spex is the most deserving of this title, he is diligent and working towards improving, participates in so many debates, and is always respectful! he should be immortalized!

I think a "talk like VI_Spex" day would be a nice tribute. We could all post everything we do with only these

1 & 2
True & False
Heavy use of the = and + signs
Conjunctions only when absolutely necessary
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 10:37:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 10:36:10 AM, Preston wrote:
At 7/21/2015 10:35:10 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 7/21/2015 10:30:23 AM, Preston wrote:
At 7/21/2015 10:27:58 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 7/21/2015 10:20:52 AM, Preston wrote:
At 7/21/2015 10:19:45 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 7/21/2015 7:49:52 AM, Preston wrote:
Guys it is absolutely tragic, our poll that was set up to poll if we felt Vi_spex should be in the DDOHOF was taken down! who has done sucha thing? Vi_spex is the most deserving of this title, he is diligent and working towards improving, participates in so many debates, and is always respectful! he should be immortalized!

Are you trolling?

No, vispex is one of the most impressive people, he can lose so much but not let it get him down, he contributes to the development of the community in regards to debates.

Okay, but why is this so important?

I never claimed i was super important, but we had like 10 votes on it and they removed the poll!

If it isn't important, why are you making a call out thread about it? Polls get deleted all the time.

But this one was for the DDOHOF

The DDOHOF voting happens every six months and is conducted in the forums. Wait until next time and nominate him :)
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 10:47:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am rolling back through his debate. I think I may write a script. What I want to do is pull out most common words and phrases. Just at this point, doing it manually, what is interesting is, they are ALL UNIQUE!

That's right. Same sort of wording, but NEVER THE SAME. The guy is amazing! Lets use this "natural=random=chaos". That seems like a Vi_Spexism, right? He MUST have used it elsewhere. NOPE. Only ONE debate uses that.... construction.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 1:57:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 10:33:21 AM, TBR wrote:

Forget his win record, he runs more than a debate PER DAY, and never has forfeited. He has never become upset, or lashed out at others. He just keeps bring it - over and over. Can ANY of us say that?

I averaged one debate a day for the first couple months I was on the site:

http://web.archive.org...
http://web.archive.org...

He11 no. He IS legend. Ignoring this simply because he losses almost every time is the insult.

He's not ignored because he loses, he is ignored because he is just spamming. There isnt a single Vi_Spex debate that hasnt been pure garbage or unfiltered spam.... His debates are the equivalent of 1-ply toilet paper..... THAT'S why people dont believe he should be in the HoF, and in all honesty he shouldnt.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 1:58:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 1:57:38 PM, imabench wrote:

Is your forum rehab up already, Saint Ima?
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 2:00:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 1:57:38 PM, imabench wrote:
At 7/21/2015 10:33:21 AM, TBR wrote:

Forget his win record, he runs more than a debate PER DAY, and never has forfeited. He has never become upset, or lashed out at others. He just keeps bring it - over and over. Can ANY of us say that?

I averaged one debate a day for the first couple months I was on the site:

http://web.archive.org...
http://web.archive.org...

http://web.archive.org...

^ That one didnt get posted for some reason.

But yeah. 8 months on the site with 256 debates, average 30 days to a month and thats 256 debates out of about 240 days.

He11 no. He IS legend. Ignoring this simply because he losses almost every time is the insult.

He's not ignored because he loses, he is ignored because he is just spamming. There isnt a single Vi_Spex debate that hasnt been pure garbage or unfiltered spam.... His debates are the equivalent of 1-ply toilet paper..... THAT'S why people dont believe he should be in the HoF, and in all honesty he shouldnt.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 2:02:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 1:58:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 7/21/2015 1:57:38 PM, imabench wrote:

Is your forum rehab up already, Saint Ima?

Im not sure, I actually lost track at this point. Im just limiting myself to a few forum posts a day (<5) just to play it safe in case im not.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 2:02:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 2:02:03 PM, imabench wrote:
At 7/21/2015 1:58:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 7/21/2015 1:57:38 PM, imabench wrote:

Is your forum rehab up already, Saint Ima?

Im not sure, I actually lost track at this point. Im just limiting myself to a few forum posts a day (<5) just to play it safe in case im not.

You may want to check with the DDO Elite (a.k.a., Airmax).
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 3:16:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago

He's not ignored because he loses, he is ignored because he is just spamming. There isnt a single Vi_Spex debate that hasnt been pure garbage or unfiltered spam.... His debates are the equivalent of 1-ply toilet paper..... THAT'S why people dont believe he should be in the HoF, and in all honesty he shouldnt.

I disagree. As I said, looking through the debates, they are unique. While they have the same... flare, they are unique. Point being, win or loose, he is still at it every day.

Lets say we are talking about a guy who plays golf. He sucks. His swing is laughable, he just can't seem to make any real improvement. But, we notice that he plays everyday. Well, he may not deserve the club trophy, but give him some respect for keeping at it.

It might be a very short interaction, but if I had a list of people I would like to meet, he would be on it.
Preston
Posts: 1,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 3:33:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 3:16:15 PM, TBR wrote:

He's not ignored because he loses, he is ignored because he is just spamming. There isnt a single Vi_Spex debate that hasnt been pure garbage or unfiltered spam.... His debates are the equivalent of 1-ply toilet paper..... THAT'S why people dont believe he should be in the HoF, and in all honesty he shouldnt.

I disagree. As I said, looking through the debates, they are unique. While they have the same... flare, they are unique. Point being, win or loose, he is still at it every day.

Lets say we are talking about a guy who plays golf. He sucks. His swing is laughable, he just can't seem to make any real improvement. But, we notice that he plays everyday. Well, he may not deserve the club trophy, but give him some respect for keeping at it.

It might be a very short interaction, but if I had a list of people I would like to meet, he would be on it.

+1

But also, Vi_spex is constantly improving, you can tell he is working towards a better more coherent style of argumentation each time, i mean he started out with 1 line if that, now he writes several all trying to explain his argument.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 3:58:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 3:33:57 PM, Preston wrote:
At 7/21/2015 3:16:15 PM, TBR wrote:

He's not ignored because he loses, he is ignored because he is just spamming. There isnt a single Vi_Spex debate that hasnt been pure garbage or unfiltered spam.... His debates are the equivalent of 1-ply toilet paper..... THAT'S why people dont believe he should be in the HoF, and in all honesty he shouldnt.

I disagree. As I said, looking through the debates, they are unique. While they have the same... flare, they are unique.

'Unique' in this context can easily be replaced with 'trash', 'worthless', 'retarded' and 'incomprehensible'.....

Point being, win or loose, he is still at it every day.

So are the spambots, you wanna put them in the Hall of Fame as well?

Just because you are purposefully terrible day in and day out, that doesnt mean you should be rewarded or memorialized for it. Its spamming, and it should be shut down. For DDO to put someone like Vi_Spex into the Hall of Fame would epitomize how far thie site has fallen/deteriorated.

Lets say we are talking about a guy who plays golf. He sucks. His swing is laughable, he just can't seem to make any real improvement. But, we notice that he plays everyday. Well, he may not deserve the club trophy, but give him some respect for keeping at it.

I will do no such thing. If he actually wanted to have a debate over something that actually has meaning, and do so in a way that actually makes sense, then I would respect him for that... But Vi_Spex doesnt do that, he spams the same meaningless dribble day in and day out and if anything he should be banned for it, not put into the Hall of Fame

But also, Vi_spex is constantly improving, you can tell he is working towards a better more coherent style of argumentation each time, i mean he started out with 1 line if that, now he writes several all trying to explain his argument.

Oh thats a load of horse sh**: http://www.debate.org...

^ Made literally 3 hours ago, and like every other debate he has ever made, its intellectually worthless, constitutes spam, and should be deleted as spam
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
sadolite
Posts: 8,836
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 4:07:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It was me, I reported it to airmax.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 4:08:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
And I thought *I* was from the "participation award" generation...

But in all seriousness, voting for the next hall of game inductees will be in December. If he gets enough votes, he gets in. Feel free to nominate him then.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 4:44:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 2:02:03 PM, imabench wrote:
At 7/21/2015 1:58:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 7/21/2015 1:57:38 PM, imabench wrote:

Is your forum rehab up already, Saint Ima?

Im not sure, I actually lost track at this point. Im just limiting myself to a few forum posts a day (<5) just to play it safe in case im not.

Max said it ends at about the end of July.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Kozu
Posts: 381
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 5:32:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 7:49:52 AM, Preston wrote:
Guys it is absolutely tragic, our poll that was set up to poll if we felt Vi_spex should be in the DDOHOF was taken down! who has done sucha thing? Vi_spex is the most deserving of this title, he is diligent and working towards improving, participates in so many debates, and is always respectful! he should be immortalized!

I'd nominate him when the time comes around, it's the Hall of *Fame*, not the Hall of Best Debaters.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 6:29:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
'Unique' in this context can easily be replaced with 'trash', 'worthless', 'retarded' and 'incomprehensible'.....


So are the spambots, you wanna put them in the Hall of Fame as well?


Resolved: Debate.org should start its own Space Program
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 6:29:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
'Unique' in this context can easily be replaced with 'trash', 'worthless', 'retarded' and 'incomprehensible'.....


So are the spambots, you wanna put them in the Hall of Fame as well?


Resolved: Debate.org should start its own Space Program.
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 8:21:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 10:36:29 AM, TBR wrote:
At 7/21/2015 7:49:52 AM, Preston wrote:
Guys it is absolutely tragic, our poll that was set up to poll if we felt Vi_spex should be in the DDOHOF was taken down! who has done sucha thing? Vi_spex is the most deserving of this title, he is diligent and working towards improving, participates in so many debates, and is always respectful! he should be immortalized!

I think a "talk like VI_Spex" day would be a nice tribute. We could all post everything we do with only these

1 & 2
True & False
Heavy use of the = and + signs
Conjunctions only when absolutely necessary

Brilliant= Be real ant!
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 8:25:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 4:07:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
It was me, I reported it to airmax.

Sad face
Why did you report it?
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
sadolite
Posts: 8,836
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 8:26:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/21/2015 8:25:35 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 7/21/2015 4:07:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
It was me, I reported it to airmax.

Sad face
Why did you report it?

Because I am like that
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%