Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

DDO Tea Time: Interview Edition with Vi_Spex

Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 5:53:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Ladies and Gentleman,

Here at DDO Tea Time we have been hard at work once again! Our previous episodes:

1) DDO Tea Time: Interview with EmoSpongebob http://www.debate.org...

2) DDO Tea Time: Tabloid Edition http://www.debate.org...

... and now, for our 3rd installation in the series, I present:

DDO Tea Time: Interview with Vi_Spex

Introduction:

vi_spex (http://www.debate.org...) is currently an active member here on DDO who has stood out from the rest with his most unique debate record. Today I had the chance to sit down with the enigmatic figure that is vi_spex and ask some questions that I believe will provide insight into his personality and background.

Interview:

Thank you vi_spex for sitting down with me and giving me this opportunity, let's start off with some background. What made you join DDO 8 months ago, and how did you originally discover the site?

vi: my main reason for joining ddo was to learn.., programming, anti-programming, hypnosis, framing, describing, persuading, controlling and manipulating the minds of the people that read my words.

BoT: Oh my, what a worthy pursuit! Here at DDO Tea Time we also strive to control and manipulate the way people think. So what inspired the username - vi_spex?

vi: vi spex = vip sex

BoT: As in, two vipers having sex? I'm not sure I follow, but I see the term "sex", so you've got my approval!! So, was this website your first exposure to debate, or did you have a previous passion for debate before joining DDO?

vi: i began commenting on youtube, and debate and argue there, but then i got to the idea that there might be debate sites around, and this is how i found DDO +google

BoT: Wow that's fascinating. I, too, first got back into debate via YouTube flame-wars. They truly are the best. So, how did you develop such a unique approach to arguments and your presentation?

vi: framing, knowing, not believing. To clearly define expectation, going online is a mistake, like asking some one else how love feels to define love clearly.

BoT: You never cease to leave me speechless. Such truth, such wow. Such a response leads me to ask though, what level of education do you have?

vi: i dont really have any level of education that is worth mentioning at this point in my life, other then self taught.

BoT: You are a true pioneer, something we here at DDO Tea Time cherish! So what is your favorite color?

vi: best color, rainbow.

BoT: Well, I couldn't agree more. So, what is your favorite genre of music? Do you dislike any certain genre of music?

vi: i like dubstep, electronic music, some old stuff is good to, while blues and jazz can take a boat ride hand in hand out of the world..

BoT: You are indeed a young soul surrounded by old souls. Personally, I think country music should be crucified, but this interview is about you, not me! Here's a big one - What are your religious or spiritual beliefs? Do you believe in an after-life?

vi: i have no belief systems, but my main religion is watching movies.. i know my experience of now and in general have no beliefs at all, to me turning my back is the after life, as the past is no more.

BoT: Wow, that response is both unique and incredibly deep. Turning ones back = after life... now that would be a debate! As much as I'd like to know what movies you like, we have more pressing questions to attend to - How would you classify your political beliefs? What major party do you support the most, if any at all?

vi: political parties doing something about muslim immigration is all i really care about in politics at this point, all else as i see it is just paper being moved around and little numbers being changed..

BoT: Interesting... here at DDO Tea Time we pride ourselves on being politically neutral (although we have always had a soft spot for Vermin Supreme). Lets move back to debates - Do you have a favorite debate that you've had here?

vi: i dont have a favorite debate, but the debates i like is where the opponent is willing to understand my arguments before posting their non relevance, most debates are great besides from that

BoT: I must concur, each one of your debates are amazing in their own way! I might be beating a dead horse here, but do you have a least favorite debate that you've done?

vi: i have no least favorite debate. my least favorite debates though are those that are irrelevant to the subject, or overflow of trying to end within the 5 round limit, its like a non debate..

BoT: Yes, yes, and yes again! Debates that go off-topic are indeed my least-favorite as well. What are your thoughts on your win-loss ratio?

vi: my arguments are based on absolutes so i dont worry about the voters opinions

BoT: Wow, such confidence, such force! There is no better argument than an absolute. I believe Jay-Z would approve of your approach too, gotta brush the dirt off your shoulder. However, if you don't care about winning, what is the purpose of debate in your own opinion?

vi: well, the purpose of the debate is winning, it seems my opponents on this website just doesnt understand what that means. example, the con position is in opposition to the pro position so without counters there can be no win for a con, and this is typically the scenario, no con, means Automatic win for me, even if the voters vote differently.

BoT: Interesting... although I agree - without a con side, pro would indeed win. Do you feel like people misunderstand or can't comprehend the arguments you present?

vi: my point is not making my arguments easy to understand, because even if i tell people the right answer they still dont see it, but when they get to the answer themselves in contrast with having to counter my argument, i dont need to tell them the answer.

BoT: You are so right. After scanning your debates, it seems that at-least one person will eventually come to understand your point in every debate. So, what is the best advice you can give to a new member wanting to have their very first debate?

vi: advice to some one new, hm, dont follow the rules, unless you want to be ruled

BoT: Ahh, a true rebel in heart. A famous prostitute by the name of Katherine Hepburn once said, "if you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." Speaking of quoting famous people, what is your favorite quote of all time?

vi: hmm, my favorite quote of all time: if you never take me seriously, we will be best friends forever.

BoT: Well then, consider me your BFF!!

*Producer cuts in to tell me that we are nearing the end of the segment*

BoT: Alright, let's wrap this up! Last but not least, what are some of your plans for the future both on DDO and in real life?

vi: my experience is now, i dont plan to much. if i want to write a book all i do is focus on writing 2 pages a day, and suddently i have a book.

BoT: Well I certainly hope we receive a copy of that book!

******

And that's it for this edition folks! I would like to thank vi_spex for participating in this episode of DDO Tea Time. With such a unique record and memorable history, it is members like himself who truly make this place what it is today. I would also like to extend my thanks to the DDO community. Without you this wouldn't be possible!
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 5:55:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/22/2015 5:53:41 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Oh, god damnit! I look away from my homework for five bloody minutes, and I see this incredibly tempting interview which will take me, easily, 10 minutes to read.

Sigh..

VTL BOT for providing to-die-for content.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 7:25:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/22/2015 6:00:49 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Epic troll...

Actually, 50% of his logic makes sense..
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 7:27:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/22/2015 7:25:59 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 7/22/2015 6:00:49 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Epic troll...

Actually, 50% of his logic makes sense..

Seems legit
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 7:27:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/22/2015 7:27:20 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 7/22/2015 7:25:59 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 7/22/2015 6:00:49 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Epic troll...

Actually, 50% of his logic makes sense..

Seems legit

Everything I say is correct..so...
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Zaradi
Posts: 14,124
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 7:29:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/22/2015 7:27:55 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 7/22/2015 7:27:20 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 7/22/2015 7:25:59 PM, Lee001 wrote:
At 7/22/2015 6:00:49 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Epic troll...

Actually, 50% of his logic makes sense..

Seems legit

Everything I say is correct..so...

Same
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 6:10:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
That was the greatest thing I've read in his reguards.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~