Jump to topic:

Looking for a Voting partner(s)

TinyBudha
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 2:42:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hello DDO, I have a recurring problem, no votes on my debates. I'm pretty sure I can't be the only one, thus, I extend an offer, I would be willing to vote on every debate a partner or partners partake in, so long as this is reciprocated...Of course, these votes mustn't be biased, nor will mine. However having a group of people who will definitely vote on each others' debates would sound great to a lot of people out there. If you Are one of those people feel free to say so below.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 3:09:29 PM
At 7/24/2015 2:42:00 PM, TinyBudha wrote:
Hello DDO, I have a recurring problem, no votes on my debates. I'm pretty sure I can't be the only one, thus, I extend an offer, I would be willing to vote on every debate a partner or partners partake in, so long as this is reciprocated...Of course, these votes mustn't be biased, nor will mine. However having a group of people who will definitely vote on each others' debates would sound great to a lot of people out there. If you Are one of those people feel free to say so below.

Sure
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TinyBudha
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 3:16:56 PM
At 7/24/2015 3:09:29 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Hello DDO

Sure

Sounds good. I'll PM you for more information. If anyone else is interested feel free to say so...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 3:50:04 PM
Grassroots movement for the win.

Take note of this Whiteflame.
Take note of this bsh1.
Take note of this Mikal.
Take note of this Bladerunner060.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 5:23:30 PM
At 7/24/2015 3:50:04 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Take note of this bsh1.
Take note of this Mikal.

We've had several of these voting groups spring up over the course of the time I've been here, though usually they don't last. I hope that this one does. Just the same, I don't really have the time to contribute to this one at the moment.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 5:24:44 PM
At 7/24/2015 5:23:30 PM, whiteflame wrote:

Take note of this bsh1.
Take note of this Mikal.

We've had several of these voting groups spring up over the course of the time I've been here, though usually they don't last. I hope that this one does. Just the same, I don't really have the time to contribute to this one at the moment.

I didn't think you'd actually see this. Yeah, mainly a lot of the voting groups are small and if you generally start a Collective group then it inevitably falls appart.

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 6:07:59 PM

Sign me up too.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 7:30:18 PM
You guys can include me in PMs if you want. I go through phases where I vote a lot or I don't vote at all, but when I'm in a voting phase, I'll be helpful.
TinyBudha
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 9:19:24 PM
At 7/24/2015 6:07:59 PM, Hayd wrote:

Sign me up too.

sounds good
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 9:44:08 PM

Take note of this bsh1.
Take note of this Mikal.

No grassroots voting movement will ever approach the quality and fecundity of white flame and bladerunner.
TinyBudha
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 9:44:16 PM

Take note of this bsh1.
Take note of this Mikal.

Jee, thanks for the optimism
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 9:48:40 PM
At 7/24/2015 9:44:16 PM, TinyBudha wrote:

Take note of this bsh1.
Take note of this Mikal.

Jee, thanks for the optimism

*shrug* As I said, I've seen several of these, and been a part of a few. It takes a lot of work to keep people voting on debates in the long term. It can't hurt to try, and at the very least, in the short term, you'll get quite a few people voting on your debates.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 2:15:32 AM

Lol. Yo, send me a PM if you ever have a debate that's unvoted and within 48 hours of ending.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 2:16:30 AM

Take note of this bsh1.
Take note of this Mikal.

Each person you listed is more than willing to vote on a debate if contacted through PM respectfully.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 2:21:44 AM

Take note of this bsh1.
Take note of this Mikal.

In all fairness, I believe our group was the longest lasting this site has ever seen ;p

At this point though it's unnecessary, the judge feature of this site was a game-changer IMO. I think, if anything, we need to make a more transparent way for newcomers to see which members are willing to vote on/judge debates if nominated. We should also shape the list to show which members are willing to vote on certain debates. I feel so bad when someone hits me up to vote on a debate that I'm honestly just completely uninterested in.
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2015 9:19:44 AM
At 7/25/2015 2:21:44 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Take note of this bsh1.
Take note of this Mikal.

In all fairness, I believe our group was the longest lasting this site has ever seen ;p

At this point though it's unnecessary, the judge feature of this site was a game-changer IMO. I think, if anything, we need to make a more transparent way for newcomers to see which members are willing to vote on/judge debates if nominated. We should also shape the list to show which members are willing to vote on certain debates. I feel so bad when someone hits me up to vote on a debate that I'm honestly just completely uninterested in.

I consider that group a success story :)