DDO Will Be Under Maintenance Tomorrow AM

bcorners
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 7:18:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
All,

We will be performing maintenance on the site starting at 5am CST tomorrow. We are expecting this to take between 1-3 hours.

The site will be down for approximately 1-2 hours as we migrate to an updated environment that will better serve DDO in the future. This release will ensure we are running on the most up to date infrastructure.

We are excited to make this upgrade and would appreciate your patience during this time.

Thank you.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 7:25:04 PM
Rip DDO
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 7:27:19 PM
I can't tell whether or not this is an actual Juggle employee. I need Max to confirm...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 7:31:46 PM
At 7/27/2015 7:18:59 PM, bcorners wrote:
All,

We will be performing maintenance on the site starting at 5am CST tomorrow. We are expecting this to take between 1-3 hours.

The site will be down for approximately 1-2 hours as we migrate to an updated environment that will better serve DDO in the future. This release will ensure we are running on the most up to date infrastructure.

We are excited to make this upgrade and would appreciate your patience during this time.

Thank you.

What specific thing is there being maintenance done to? Is it being done to prevent the recurring site errors in the future?

And will it be 1-3, hours, or 1-2? I mean - given the time it's being done, it shouldn't matter, but I'd like to know anyway.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 7:33:53 PM
At 7/27/2015 7:27:19 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I can't tell whether or not this is an actual Juggle employee. I need Max to confirm...

Despite the timezone not actually existing right now, the use of "CST" makes me think it's legit.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 7:38:36 PM
All,

Thank you.

You should use standard eastern time. U.S. Normal people want to know when the site is down, also
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 7:38:36 PM
Why do I not believe this thread. Who is this unknown person with 6 posts in 3 years
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 7:40:51 PM
At 7/27/2015 7:38:36 PM, sadolite wrote:
Why do I not believe this thread. Who is this unknown person with 6 posts in 3 years

Its Juggle. Their 6 posts in 3 years shows how much they love this community.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 7:56:46 PM
At 7/27/2015 7:33:53 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

Despite the timezone not actually existing right now, the use of "CST" makes me think it's legit.

The Juggle servers are located in St. Louis, Missouri. Does that fall within Central Standard Time?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 7:58:52 PM
At 7/27/2015 7:56:46 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

The Juggle servers are located in St. Louis, Missouri. Does that fall within Central Standard Time?

Since it's "Central *Daylight* Time" instead of "Central *Standard* Time" currently, I don't really think that's the point.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 8:07:34 PM
At 7/27/2015 7:56:46 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

It does 6 months from now. Right now it falls under central daylight time.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 8:17:59 PM
All,

Thank you.

Does the update include fixing the front page? If so that'd be awesome..
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 8:20:56 PM
At 7/27/2015 7:40:51 PM, XLAV wrote:

How do you know?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 8:36:21 PM
All,

Thank you for the update.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 9:32:59 PM
Just an fyi...This is a legit message.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 10:40:09 PM

It's legit. The OP (bcorners) is a juggle employee, and as she said, site maintenance will be occurring tomorrow.

This is clearly good news, and the infrastructure update should mitigate a lot of the bugs and issues that have been problematic lately, while also being a great help moving forward.

Of course, this is a significant and necessary undertaking, so I urge everyone to be patient while this process is taking place.
Debate.org Moderator
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 10:40:53 PM
At 7/27/2015 10:40:09 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

It's legit. The OP (bcorners) is a juggle employee, and as she said, site maintenance will be occurring tomorrow.

This is clearly good news, and the infrastructure update should mitigate a lot of the bugs and issues that have been problematic lately, while also being a great help moving forward.

Of course, this is a significant and necessary undertaking, so I urge everyone to be patient while this process is taking place.

liar
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 10:48:01 PM

So will the site be unusable for more than the 1-3 hours as said in the OP?

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 10:53:01 PM
At 7/27/2015 10:48:01 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

As the OP said, the plan is take between 1-3 hours starting at 5am. It's always possible it might take longer, but by 8am (per the plan) it should be complete.

As with all things of this nature, complications might arise, which is why I urge patience. The goal here is to improve DDO, and that might take longer than expected, but ultimately this should be a big improvement towards site optimization and in updating the site in the future.
Debate.org Moderator
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 10:55:06 PM
At 7/27/2015 10:53:01 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/27/2015 10:48:01 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

As the OP said, the plan is take between 1-3 hours starting at 5am. It's always possible it might take longer, but by 8am (per the plan) it should be complete.

As with all things of this nature, complications might arise, which is why I urge patience. The goal here is to improve DDO, and that might take longer than expected, but ultimately this should be a big improvement towards site optimization and in updating the site in the future.

liar
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 10:57:30 PM
It's all a big conspiracy, guys. Airmax is going to steal all of your debate graphs while the site is down, put them in a folder, and look through them every day. He will derive much pleasure from this.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 10:58:24 PM
Hey random question, is anyone else getting an error message when they try to click on someone's name to go to their profile?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 10:59:15 PM
At 7/27/2015 10:58:24 PM, imabench wrote:
Hey random question, is anyone else getting an error message when they try to click on someone's name to go to their profile?

Yeah, me too.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 11:02:21 PM

Yeah, it's been an issue for a few days, it will be fixed as soon as possible. (In the meantime, you can refresh the page several times to try to resolve it)
Debate.org Moderator
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 11:09:20 PM
At 7/27/2015 11:02:21 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Yeah, it's been an issue for a few days, it will be fixed as soon as possible. (In the meantime, you can refresh the page several times to try to resolve it)

liar
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 11:14:19 PM
At 7/27/2015 10:57:30 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
It's all a big conspiracy, guys. Airmax is going to steal all of your debate graphs while the site is down, put them in a folder, and look through them every day. He will derive much pleasure from this.

Actually, all the websites I visit are undergoing maintenance. Its like March Madness or July Jubilation, lol.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 11:31:37 PM

^
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2015 11:33:48 PM
At 7/27/2015 11:31:37 PM, Hayd wrote:

^

Right, there are other DDO employees, and then there is also Max. So, it's unfair to characterize one account as representative of Juggle's involvement.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...