Jump to topic:

Frozen Debate

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 1:40:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I am in the middle of a debate about the mosque at Ground Zero.

http://www.debate.org...

Last night I checked this debate at around 10 pm CST and it said that my opponent had forfeited R2. It also included this message:

The_Insider has forfeited round #2. Our system has not yet updated this debate. Please check back in a few minutes for more options.

This has happened to me before, so I didn't think anything of it. However it's nearly 24 hours later and the same message is still there (meaning I cannot submit my argument). It seems like we won't be able to resume this debate until the "system updates" but it's never taken this long before... Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas about what I can do to get it going again? I could e-mail Phil but I'm not sure how often he checks this thing.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 1:41:52 PM
Additionally, on the Home Page there's the "What My Friends Are Doing" column. Mine has been frozen for about 2 days now with no new updates... Is anyone else experiencing this freezing problem?
President of DDO
Sobriquet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 1:43:23 PM
At 8/25/2010 1:41:52 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Additionally, on the Home Page there's the "What My Friends Are Doing" column. Mine has been frozen for about 2 days now with no new updates... Is anyone else experiencing this freezing problem?

Yeah, a fair number of members have noticed the friend news feed thing. The frozen debate issue seems to be a bit more annoying though.
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 1:55:58 PM
Wtf DDO >.< This broken system seems to be getting more and more annoying.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave