Jump to topic:

American Television

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 7:51:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
When it comes to exceptionally good entertainment, you, my American fellows, are certainly among the top producers. I thank you very much for that. Today I'll just share a video I got reminded of, and thought you would like it too. I don't know if something like this would be produced elsewhere. Pure joy to watch. :D

Last year, a giraffe was killed in Copenhagen Zoo due to it being of no good use any longer, and its genes being carried around well among the other giraffes. So, they killed it. Sure, it's sad, but this insect at Fox News, Jeanine Pirro, takes the madness to a whole new level.

Good moment at 2:30 - "The truth? These kids watching [the slaughter of the animal] are gonna suffer trauma and flashbacks for the rest of their lives"

Oh yes, yes. I'm sure they will.

Only in America, people. :D
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 9:07:31 PM
At 7/30/2015 7:51:29 PM, Mirza wrote:
When it comes to exceptionally good entertainment, you, my American fellows, are certainly among the top producers. I thank you very much for that. Today I'll just share a video I got reminded of, and thought you would like it too. I don't know if something like this would be produced elsewhere. Pure joy to watch. :D

Last year, a giraffe was killed in Copenhagen Zoo due to it being of no good use any longer, and its genes being carried around well among the other giraffes. So, they killed it. Sure, it's sad, but this insect at Fox News, Jeanine Pirro, takes the madness to a whole new level.

Good moment at 2:30 - "The truth? These kids watching [the slaughter of the animal] are gonna suffer trauma and flashbacks for the rest of their lives"

As a rules, you just can't take FOX news seriously, ever. But even for their standards this is usual, FOX is mostly a conservative channel, and most conservatives don't care about animals at all. lol
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 9:14:24 PM
At 7/30/2015 9:07:31 PM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
As a rules, you just can't take FOX news seriously, ever.
Indeed, but can you believe how many Americans take them seriously? Ha ha. It's tragicomic.
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 9:28:53 PM
At 7/30/2015 9:14:24 PM, Mirza wrote:
Indeed, but can you believe how many Americans take them seriously? Ha ha. It's tragicomic.

you don't seem to like america very much
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 10:01:34 PM
At 7/30/2015 9:28:53 PM, TheJuniorVarsityNovice wrote:
At 7/30/2015 9:14:24 PM, Mirza wrote:

you don't seem to like america very much

Yeah, he's a damn Pinko that hates America. AKA Michael Moore.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2015 11:02:12 PM
At 7/30/2015 7:51:29 PM, Mirza wrote:

Is this that story about the giraffes they fed to the lions? If so. so what. BFD that's what they eat.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 8:50:45 AM
At 7/31/2015 3:37:54 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
I'm convinced Mirza is either this stupid, or just a troll.
Hmm... Must be the former. :( You don't have to say it out loud though.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 3:09:32 PM
At 7/31/2015 8:50:45 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 7/31/2015 3:37:54 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
I'm convinced Mirza is either this stupid, or just a troll.
Hmm... Must be the former. :( You don't have to say it out loud though.

This is what I'm talking about, Mirza.

By the way, I don't watch TV, and I know many people who don't. So not everyone watches TV in America. Also, Fox News is only one news station. There are many others.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 3:35:34 PM
At 7/31/2015 3:09:32 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
Also, Fox News is only one news station. There are many others.
You don't think it says something when millions of people share its views and ideology? :(
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 3:36:57 PM
At 7/31/2015 3:35:34 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 7/31/2015 3:09:32 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
Also, Fox News is only one news station. There are many others.
You don't think it says something when millions of people share its views and ideology? :(

We may share its ideology, but that does not mean it accurately represents our ideology.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 3:40:31 PM
At 7/31/2015 3:36:57 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
We may share its ideology, but that does not mean it accurately represents our ideology.
Most of their views are shared by a large amount of Americans. There's a reason why they're popular.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 3:43:42 PM
At 7/31/2015 3:40:31 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 7/31/2015 3:36:57 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
Most of their views are shared by a large amount of Americans. There's a reason why they're popular.

Define which views you are talking about.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 3:55:30 PM
At 7/31/2015 3:43:42 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
Conservatism, support of American military affairs, apologia of America's past, defense of America's vile national interests, denial of global warming, to name a few. :( In addition, it's not only their views, but the way they present them through manipulation.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 4:03:32 PM
At 7/31/2015 3:55:30 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 7/31/2015 3:43:42 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
Conservatism, support of American military affairs, apologia of America's past, defense of America's vile national interests, denial of global warming, to name a few. :( In addition, it's not only their views, but the way they present them through manipulation.

All right, I share those views in many areas. But I doubt Fox News is a correct representation.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 4:25:37 PM
At 7/31/2015 4:03:32 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
All right, I share those views in many areas. But I doubt Fox News is a correct representation.
*Too many of your countrymen beg to differ*.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 4:28:45 PM
At 7/31/2015 4:25:37 PM, Mirza wrote:

Would you like to back up that assertion?

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 4:29:26 PM
At 7/31/2015 4:25:37 PM, Mirza wrote:

Out of curiosity, is the issue in the number of countrymen, or the percentage?
I have a hard time believing that other countries don't have a healthy percent of dissenting opinions of yours.
My work here is, finally, done.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 4:31:50 PM
At 7/31/2015 4:28:45 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com...

"41% of voters trust it to 46% who do not."

"We find once again this year that Democrats trust everything except Fox, and Republicans don't trust anything other than Fox."

There was a decline until 2013, but the support is still huge.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 4:33:43 PM
At 7/31/2015 4:29:26 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Out of curiosity, is the issue in the number of countrymen, or the percentage?
I have a hard time believing that other countries don't have a healthy percent of dissenting opinions of yours.
Percentage. The number also matters, because being populous and powerful gives you an enormous potential to do harm, so the percentage is more important in your country than say, the same percentage of same kind of people in Iceland.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 4:38:02 PM
At 7/31/2015 4:31:50 PM, Mirza wrote:

"We find once again this year that Democrats trust everything except Fox, and Republicans don't trust anything other than Fox."

Lol, do you realize how small a fraction 800 people is compared to how many there is in the US? Also, that was two years ago. What was last years?
How do you know the questions weren't skewed, and that the survey pool is random? How do you know the people who conducted it are trustworthy?

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 4:45:43 PM
At 7/31/2015 4:38:02 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
Lol, do you realize how small a fraction 800 people is compared to how many there is in the US? Also, that was two years ago. What was last years?
How do you know the questions weren't skewed, and that the survey pool is random? How do you know the people who conducted it are trustworthy?
I'm worried you're trying to toy around with me. :( This is a truism; all you need to do is Google for yourself. I'm not even going to bother an more to prove to you how popular Fox News is. :)
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 4:45:50 PM

The total survey pool is only .000258% of the US population. The pool is not big enough.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 4:49:38 PM
At 7/31/2015 4:45:50 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
The total survey pool is only .000258% of the US population. The pool is not big enough.
... Do you know how surveys are conducted? You don't need a large sample. America has about 320m people. If the margin of error is about 5%, you need 600-700 people for somewhat reliable results in a poll.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 4:50:15 PM
At 7/31/2015 4:45:43 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 7/31/2015 4:38:02 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
I'm worried you're trying to toy around with me. :( This is a truism; all you need to do is Google for yourself. I'm not even going to bother an more to prove to you how popular Fox News is. :)

I'm not toying with you, I'm evaluating your evidence or lack there of. If you can't prove your points, they do not stand. I'm calling you to defend your position like the good old days. I'm a team policy debater, and I know that statistics can be skewed and used to inaccurately portray reality. In addition, the very poll you cited states that Fox is increasing in impopularity as well. So according to your own evidence, the problem is decreasing on its own.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 4:55:58 PM
At 7/31/2015 4:49:38 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 7/31/2015 4:45:50 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
... Do you know how surveys are conducted? You don't need a large sample. America has about 320m people. If the margin of error is about 5%, you need 600-700 people for somewhat reliable results in a poll.

But you don't know how they were picked, etc. The issue is you said many of my countrymen disagree with me, but that isn't many at all.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 4:57:42 PM

I take issue with this survey's methodology. It appears a "republican" is one who voted for Mitt Romney, while a "democrat" voted for Barack Obama. Is that really a good label for someone to make this determination? (but, then again, with the cheap shot by the writer, it seems they are biased)

And, in case you are unaware Mirza, and as the study does show, most people don't trust the news, and they appear to be more inclined to trust those sources that slant their way, which is human nature. Self-serving bias is very real. A lot of the media is, in fact, skewed to the left and/or misrepresents so much it should not be trusted. I hate the local news. I once watched the news for a story that was teased about a sexual prowler on the loose, and they told me to go to the website for further details, which is fine, except the detail I was looking for was what the guy looked like.
Further, I have heard that what appears on Fox News Network is biased, but the articles on foxnews.com are much less so. I don't know the truth of that statement, but I'd assume an actual article is more reliable than some blowhard giving his opinion in an effort for ratings.
As I have said, I don't know anyone with half a brain that thinks Fox is not biased. But, what I have found funny is that people who go around bashing Fox as being biased trust comedians making news like the Daily Show, which has misrepresented a great many of things.

I have heard BBC is a good news source, but I have no idea what level of trust they have. I do wish the news, or any so-called news reporter, could be trusted, but it seems people care more about ratings or pushing an agenda than informing the populace.
My work here is, finally, done.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 5:05:25 PM
At 7/31/2015 4:50:15 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
I'm not toying with you, I'm evaluating your evidence or lack there of. If you can't prove your points, they do not stand. I'm calling you to defend your position like the good old days. I'm a team policy debater, and I know that statistics can be skewed and used to inaccurately portray reality.
As I said, it's a truism. Fox News is highly popular, and the most trusted network. This is from 2015: http://www.quinnipiac.edu...

"In the comparison chart, FOX News is definitely the Republican choice as 58 percent of GOP voters say they trust FOX the most, while 13 percent turn to CNN, with 7 percent each for NBC and CBS, 5 percent for ABC and 2 percent for MSNBC."

Better sampling size, too.

In addition, the very poll you cited states that Fox is increasing in impopularity as well. So according to your own evidence, the problem is decreasing on its own.
I said that already. It's good news, but not good enough. :)
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 5:08:52 PM
At 7/31/2015 4:57:42 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I take issue with this survey's methodology. It appears a "republican" is one who voted for Mitt Romney, while a "democrat" voted for Barack Obama. Is that really a good label for someone to make this determination? (but, then again, with the cheap shot by the writer, it seems they are biased)

And, in case you are unaware Mirza, and as the study does show, most people don't trust the news, and they appear to be more inclined to trust those sources that slant their way, which is human nature. Self-serving bias is very real. A lot of the media is, in fact, skewed to the left and/or misrepresents so much it should not be trusted. I hate the local news. I once watched the news for a story that was teased about a sexual prowler on the loose, and they told me to go to the website for further details, which is fine, except the detail I was looking for was what the guy looked like.
Further, I have heard that what appears on Fox News Network is biased, but the articles on foxnews.com are much less so. I don't know the truth of that statement, but I'd assume an actual article is more reliable than some blowhard giving his opinion in an effort for ratings.
As I have said, I don't know anyone with half a brain that thinks Fox is not biased. But, what I have found funny is that people who go around bashing Fox as being biased trust comedians making news like the Daily Show, which has misrepresented a great many of things.

I have heard BBC is a good news source, but I have no idea what level of trust they have. I do wish the news, or any so-called news reporter, could be trusted, but it seems people care more about ratings or pushing an agenda than informing the populace.
What defines Fox News isn't the objective reporting they obviously have at times, but the key pundits and the very ideology behind the channel. A viewer will most likely be influenced more by the continual reporting of O'Reilly, Hannity, et al, than a random story reported by Fox at daytime.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2015 5:13:49 PM
At 7/31/2015 5:05:25 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 7/31/2015 4:50:15 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
I'm not toying with you, I'm evaluating your evidence or lack there of. If you can't prove your points, they do not stand. I'm calling you to defend your position like the good old days. I'm a team policy debater, and I know that statistics can be skewed and used to inaccurately portray reality.
As I said, it's a truism. Fox News is highly popular, and the most trusted network. This is from 2015: http://www.quinnipiac.edu...

"In the comparison chart, FOX News is definitely the Republican choice as 58 percent of GOP voters say they trust FOX the most, while 13 percent turn to CNN, with 7 percent each for NBC and CBS, 5 percent for ABC and 2 percent for MSNBC."

Better sampling size, too.

Yes, that is much better, thank you. However, trust does not necessarily indicate agreement or that it accurately represents these people.

And are they automatically wrong because you think they are? Who died and made you dictator?

In addition, the very poll you cited states that Fox is increasing in impopularity as well. So according to your own evidence, the problem is decreasing on its own.
I said that already. It's good news, but not good enough. :)

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam