Jump to topic:

DDO Writer's Club

bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 11:11:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So, this more properly belongs in another forum--Entertainment, or Personal. And if there's enough interest, that's where it will go. But, given the state of some of the forum channels, I hope I can be forgiven for posting this here anyway.

Is anyone interested in participating in a DDO Writer's Club? The specifics would need to be figured out (one post, multiple posts, how much through PM, Writers vs. Readers etc. etc.), but I'm trying to see if there's more than just me interested in the idea of sending manuscripts back and forth and critiquing each other.

Doesn't have to necessarily be fiction per se, either. So yeah, if you're interested, say so here or through PM.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2015 11:13:55 PM
I might be interested in this.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 12:52:15 AM
Sure.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 12:58:34 AM
At 8/2/2015 11:11:21 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
So, this more properly belongs in another forum--Entertainment, or Personal. And if there's enough interest, that's where it will go. But, given the state of some of the forum channels, I hope I can be forgiven for posting this here anyway.

Is anyone interested in participating in a DDO Writer's Club? The specifics would need to be figured out (one post, multiple posts, how much through PM, Writers vs. Readers etc. etc.), but I'm trying to see if there's more than just me interested in the idea of sending manuscripts back and forth and critiquing each other.

Doesn't have to necessarily be fiction per se, either. So yeah, if you're interested, say so here or through PM.

sure
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 12:59:20 AM
I don't have time to write right now, but I might be able to read and critique...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 1:10:02 AM
I formed and led a writing club at my college, so I'd love to help manage this. As DDO's residential writer, I give this my oh-so-humble seal of approval.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 1:10:53 AM

Me! Me! Me!

I have other commitments right now, but I'd like to contribute!
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 1:13:57 AM
I still have to write my dark sci-fi story, Pandemonium. (It's filled with positive themes, but the overall story is dark, because of what the characters have to endure.)
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 3:03:20 AM
At 8/3/2015 2:13:58 AM, Hoppi wrote:
Me! I don't write anything, but I would like to try it out.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 6:38:04 AM
I'd like to join this as well.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 10:22:28 AM
When it comes to literary works, I mainly write in Chinese. However, I'll be glad to be a reader if there are essayists and poets in the club. :)
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 8:45:51 AM
At 8/15/2015 2:36:52 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I'm managing this now, so I'll be sending out a message to all of you. Which means some of you need to accept my friend request.

Would it be too late to take part in this?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 3:15:23 PM

What Harder asked...
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 4:12:51 AM
Is this still going to be a thing?
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 4:13:22 AM
At 8/18/2015 4:12:51 AM, SolonKR wrote:

Yes.

Harder and Voice, you can still be in.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 5:32:55 AM
At 8/18/2015 4:13:22 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Yes.

Cool.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 4:35:59 PM
At 8/18/2015 4:13:22 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Yes.

Sweeeeeeeeete
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 3:18:52 AM

Me! If it's not too late... I might not be able to be really active, but I can help from time to time.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW