Jump to topic:

Them Fancy texts

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 6:51:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I notice in a lot of debates people use all kinds of fancy texts/ fonts. Yet when I copy and paste my argument from word (using the same fancy texts) it's suddenly gone, all the bolds and the underlines are gone. How do I use the fancy texts?
I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) is his messenger.
-GreyParrot
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 6:53:16 PM
At 8/5/2015 6:51:34 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I notice in a lot of debates people use all kinds of fancy texts/ fonts. Yet when I copy and paste my argument from word (using the same fancy texts) it's suddenly gone, all the bolds and the underlines are gone. How do I use the fancy texts?

Go to "rich text" to do your formatting.
I'm a Bish.
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 6:54:53 PM

DDO only has a certain number of font styles, so it's going to reset to default once you c/p. Just re-do it with any of the fonts you have in rich text.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 6:55:34 PM
Is it possible to use Comic-Sans?
I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) is his messenger.
-GreyParrot
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 7:11:05 PM
At 8/5/2015 6:55:34 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

You can use a lot of goofy fonts. I personally prefer Times New Roman because it looks bad@ss and professional.
Nolite Timere
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 7:26:02 PM
At 8/5/2015 7:11:05 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

You can use a lot of goofy fonts. I personally prefer Times New Roman because it looks bad@ss and professional.

Arial takes up more space, so it looks more smarter.
At least the noble sheep provides us warm sweaters. All your hides would provide are coward pants. - Dick Solomon

"I call albatross!" - seventhprofessor
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 7:40:55 PM

Look up top ten HTML codes and use those
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 1:16:45 AM
At 8/5/2015 6:53:16 PM, bsh1 wrote:

+1.

Also, use the 'paste from word' feature.
I think it is well established that the only reason aliens come to earth is to slice up cows and examine inside peoples' bottoms. Unless you are a cow or suffer haemerrhoids I don't think there is anything to worry about from aliens. - keithprosser

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 1:17:40 AM
At 8/5/2015 7:26:02 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/5/2015 7:11:05 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Arial takes up more space, so it looks more smarter.

Lol.
I'm a Bish.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 2:29:11 AM
A lot of professional formatting templates actually accept Courier New as a font. It takes up about 4 times as much space 2-dimentionally, so always use that if your papers have a page requirement.
0x5f3759df
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 11:17:15 PM

I noticed that when using Firefox, I c&p my argument from Google Docs with my formatting into the argument box, in "rich text" and it stayed. Not sure if it's a glitch, but it's worth checking out. So much easier to format in Docs.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 11:21:01 PM
At 8/21/2015 11:17:15 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

I noticed that when using Firefox, I c&p my argument from Google Docs with my formatting into the argument box, in "rich text" and it stayed. Not sure if it's a glitch, but it's worth checking out. So much easier to format in Docs.

It always spaces my text out further when I c/p from Docs into rich text. Spacing will increase by .5 or 1 and it's tricky to fix.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 11:54:44 PM
At 8/21/2015 11:21:01 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 8/21/2015 11:17:15 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

It always spaces my text out further when I c/p from Docs into rich text. Spacing will increase by .5 or 1 and it's tricky to fix.

Same. But when I tried firefox, it worked fine, not adding anything..
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 4:12:13 PM

Two ways. First, you can go to "Rich Text". Or use HTML tags:

<font face={insert font name of your choice}> [text] </font>
Just because you're magic doesn't mean you aren't real.

http://gotejas.com...