Jump to topic:

Them Fancy texts

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 6:51:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I notice in a lot of debates people use all kinds of fancy texts/ fonts. Yet when I copy and paste my argument from word (using the same fancy texts) it's suddenly gone, all the bolds and the underlines are gone. How do I use the fancy texts?
"Change your sig."
~YYW
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 6:53:16 PM
At 8/5/2015 6:51:34 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I notice in a lot of debates people use all kinds of fancy texts/ fonts. Yet when I copy and paste my argument from word (using the same fancy texts) it's suddenly gone, all the bolds and the underlines are gone. How do I use the fancy texts?

Go to "rich text" to do your formatting.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 6:54:53 PM

DDO only has a certain number of font styles, so it's going to reset to default once you c/p. Just re-do it with any of the fonts you have in rich text.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 7:11:05 PM
At 8/5/2015 6:55:34 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Is it possible to use Comic-Sans?

You can use a lot of goofy fonts. I personally prefer Times New Roman because it looks bad@ss and professional.
Nolite Timere
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 7:26:02 PM
At 8/5/2015 7:11:05 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

You can use a lot of goofy fonts. I personally prefer Times New Roman because it looks bad@ss and professional.

Arial takes up more space, so it looks more smarter.
My work here is, finally, done.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2015 7:40:55 PM

Look up top ten HTML codes and use those
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 1:16:45 AM
At 8/5/2015 6:53:16 PM, bsh1 wrote:

+1.

Also, use the 'paste from word' feature.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 1:17:40 AM
At 8/5/2015 7:26:02 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 8/5/2015 7:11:05 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Arial takes up more space, so it looks more smarter.

Lol.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 2:29:11 AM
A lot of professional formatting templates actually accept Courier New as a font. It takes up about 4 times as much space 2-dimentionally, so always use that if your papers have a page requirement.
0x5f3759df
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 11:17:15 PM

I noticed that when using Firefox, I c&p my argument from Google Docs with my formatting into the argument box, in "rich text" and it stayed. Not sure if it's a glitch, but it's worth checking out. So much easier to format in Docs.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 11:21:01 PM
At 8/21/2015 11:17:15 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

I noticed that when using Firefox, I c&p my argument from Google Docs with my formatting into the argument box, in "rich text" and it stayed. Not sure if it's a glitch, but it's worth checking out. So much easier to format in Docs.

It always spaces my text out further when I c/p from Docs into rich text. Spacing will increase by .5 or 1 and it's tricky to fix.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 11:54:44 PM
At 8/21/2015 11:21:01 PM, Varrack wrote:
At 8/21/2015 11:17:15 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

It always spaces my text out further when I c/p from Docs into rich text. Spacing will increase by .5 or 1 and it's tricky to fix.

Same. But when I tried firefox, it worked fine, not adding anything..
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2015 4:12:13 PM

Two ways. First, you can go to "Rich Text". Or use HTML tags:

<font face={insert font name of your choice}> [text] </font>
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass