Jump to topic:

On the Forums

Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 4:37:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
- I think there should be a Legal Section on the Forums. Many topics in the Religion, Philosophy, Politics & Society are law related.

=> Thoughts?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 7:11:29 AM
At 8/13/2015 4:37:08 AM, Yassine wrote:
- I think there should be a Legal Section on the Forums. Many topics in the Religion, Philosophy, Politics & Society are law related.

=> Thoughts?

The forums have incredibly low activity levels already. Introducing a new section would be pointless.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 8:50:55 AM
At 8/13/2015 7:11:29 AM, ShabShoral wrote:

=> Thoughts?

The forums have incredibly low activity levels already. Introducing a new section would be pointless.

Your quote in your sig <3
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 10:49:53 AM
At 8/13/2015 8:50:55 AM, Zaradi wrote:

=> Thoughts?

I know. Goldwater is such a good candidate.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 2:48:11 PM

=> Thoughts?

- That's exactly why I am suggesting it. Lower activity forums are coincidently also of higher quality. The Religion forum is the busiest, but also the worst. If we have a Forum dedicated to Law, we would have better content despite low activity. Much of the threads on the religious forum for instance are Law related, but most don't breed any fruitful dialogues.
Current Debates:

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 2:55:27 PM
I also think everyone who posts in the Religion forum should be banned from every other, indefinitely. Perhaps that'll help our pool of members scatter in the many inactive forums, but not boost their activity to a level that is out of control (as it is in the Religion section).
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 3:18:43 PM
At 8/13/2015 2:55:27 PM, Mirza wrote:
I also think everyone who posts in the Religion forum should be banned from every other, indefinitely. Perhaps that'll help our pool of members scatter in the many inactive forums, but not boost their activity to a level that is out of control (as it is in the Religion section).

Anybody with the username of Mirza that posts in any forum should be banned from the website. (-:
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 3:53:27 PM
At 8/13/2015 3:18:43 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
Anybody with the username of Mirza that posts in any forum should be banned from the website. (-:
It's every American's dream to get rid of opposition; to make disappear someone who challenges their artificial country and superficial ideals. You can get rid of me here, but my legacy on this site will be plague-inciting to all of you for years and years.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 8:59:20 PM
At 8/13/2015 10:49:53 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 8/13/2015 8:50:55 AM, Zaradi wrote:

=> Thoughts?

I know. Goldwater is such a good candidate.

....</3
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 9:20:23 PM

=> Thoughts?

Legal- permitted by law.

Law - the system of rules that a particular country or community recognizes as regulating the actions of its members and may enforce by the imposition of penalties.

A new category would be useless. The Society forum would be the place to discuss legal matters. Society and Legal/Law are simply facsimile.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2015 10:32:09 PM
At 8/13/2015 9:20:23 PM, Lee001 wrote:

Legal- permitted by law.

Law - the system of rules that a particular country or community recognizes as regulating the actions of its members and may enforce by the imposition of penalties.

A new category would be useless. The Society forum would be the place to discuss legal matters. Society and Legal/Law are simply facsimile.

- Legal: of, based on, or concerned with the law, such as in "legal issues". That's obviously what I meant. More importantly, your premise does not satisfy your conclusion. If your statement was meant to point out that Law is a social field, then so is Religion, Politics, Economics, History, Arts... All these are systems of &/or for society, yet they each have Forum sections dedicated to them. According to you, we should do away with all these forums & keep the one Society forum?! Is that what you were trying to say?
Current Debates: