Jump to topic:

Ideas for DDO Presidency

Oreo222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 2:21:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Though I don't plan on running for president, I'd like to state some things that I think the future president should enact.

1: Relationship Status
In the "Interested In" part of the "Relationships" section when editing your profile, the options for "Men and Women" and "None" should be allowed for the bisexuals and asexuals on this site.

2: Fix the Religious forums.
The trolling...oh God why?

3: More action.
It feels like the current president hasn't done much.

I'd very much like to see these ideas be part of some candidates' platform. What are your thoughts? If you have any other ideas please say them below.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 2:32:26 AM
At 8/25/2015 2:21:41 AM, Oreo222 wrote:
Though I don't plan on running for president, I'd like to state some things that I think the future president should enact.

In the "Interested In" part of the "Relationships" section when editing your profile, the options for "Men and Women" and "None" should be allowed for the bisexuals and asexuals on this site.

I believe you can select both men and women, to reflect bisexuality. Though, having a "none" option would be nice, I agree.

Various attempts have been made at this, and it has improved a lot since what it used to be. But, primarily, the job of cleaning up forums falls to the moderators. The president is not a moderator.

Well, as the current President, I'd be happy to talk to you about some of the things I have done. I make updates every two weeks keeping people informed about the goings-on of my administration, as well.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 2:33:06 AM

"Men and women" as an option already exists. Several users have this on their profiles.

People have been complaining about this for years (and that's not even an exaggeration). It's unlikely that anything will change.

You should ask Bsh1 about what he's been doing as President. It's likely that he'll be able to point out several accomplishments since taking office.

I'd very much like to see these ideas be part of some candidates' platform. What are your thoughts? If you have any other ideas please say them below.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Oreo222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 2:39:02 AM
At 8/25/2015 2:32:26 AM, bsh1 wrote:

I believe you can select both men and women, to reflect bisexuality. Though, having a "none" option would be nice, I agree.

Various attempts have been made at this, and it has improved a lot since what it used to be. But, primarily, the job of cleaning up forums falls to the moderators. The president is not a moderator.

Well, as the current President, I'd be happy to talk to you about some of the things I have done. I make updates every two weeks keeping people informed about the goings-on of my administration, as well.

No mean to offend.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 2:41:12 AM
At 8/25/2015 2:39:02 AM, Oreo222 wrote:
At 8/25/2015 2:32:26 AM, bsh1 wrote:

No mean to offend.

No offense taken :) Just wanted to reach out to talk about what I've been doing if you're interested.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...