Jump to topic:

Need Some Advice Fast

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 2:08:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So today my Biology teacher ordered us all to pub back our humongous biology back to school so try could rip out a couple pages. Since the school board is all Christian and conservative, they forced the district to have all biology ripped of the page talking about abortions. All the pages do is give us information such as side affects of certain abortion pills. They say it's against Christian religion. I want to go all activist on them and go Fahrenheit 451 on them, but I'm not sure how. I feel like sayin it's against my religion cuz I'm pastafarian but Idk, help plz! It first hour now and biology is 4 hour!
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 2:23:21 PM
At 8/26/2015 2:08:18 PM, Hayd wrote:
So today my Biology teacher ordered us all to pub back our humongous biology back to school so try could rip out a couple pages. Since the school board is all Christian and conservative, they forced the district to have all biology ripped of the page talking about abortions. All the pages do is give us information such as side affects of certain abortion pills. They say it's against Christian religion. I want to go all activist on them and go Fahrenheit 451 on them, but I'm not sure how. I feel like sayin it's against my religion cuz I'm pastafarian but Idk, help plz! It first hour now and biology is 4 hour!

Tell them to do it, if the rule is an administrative one.
After all, it is their book, and if they are offended by the source material, why did they buy the book, let alone distribute "offensive" material?
My work here is, finally, done.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 2:37:01 PM

See my PM
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 3:48:00 PM

Why do people feel that their personal problems are too important to remain in the personal forum?
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 3:58:37 PM
At 8/26/2015 3:48:00 PM, Romanii wrote:

Why do people feel that their personal problems are too important to remain in the personal forum?

Because this man may die!!! Nah, the DDO forum is where all the smart people are the personal forums have the kind peps but that's nit what the asker needs right now. Though I agree that this should've been posted in the personal forum.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 4:01:55 PM

Your profile says that your 21 years old so I don't see why you can just not rip the paper and go all "God's not dead" up their butts. Though I really really with every fiber in my being hate pastafarians.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 4:59:21 PM

Don't rock the boat.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 5:01:08 PM
If you do want to protest be smart about it and covertly distribute flyers everywhere on abortions.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 5:04:14 PM
Are you in Texas?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 5:31:30 PM

While you may decide to engage them on this issue, please remember that they can, and most likely will make your life a living he11, especially if there are lots of Christians there who would support that act.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 6:43:19 PM
While you may decide to engage them on this issue, please remember that they can, and most likely will make your life a living he11, especially if there are lots of Christians there who would support that act.

He can do it without getting your name out. I do encourage you to do otherwise though. Come right on out. Speak up loud! It WILL hurt for a bit, but there will be people to support you.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 10:52:48 PM

i dont understand.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 10:56:14 PM
At 8/26/2015 4:01:55 PM, ClashnBoom wrote:

Your profile says that your 21 years old so I don't see why you can just not rip the paper and go all "God's not dead" up their butts. Though I really really with every fiber in my being hate pastafarians.

Im not pastafarian. They are taking it out of the book because it is against their religious values, so I would protest by saying that ripping the page out of the book is against MY religious values by claiming Im Pastafarian because no one knows what that is.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 10:58:39 PM

Nvm, I apologize for posting it in the DDO Forum, it was selfish of me and I apologize. I should've only posted it in the Personal Forum, my bad.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 12:04:27 AM

Idk if this seems realistic or a possibility, but gather some documentation and tell a news agency what is going on. Maybe they could shed some light on this school.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 12:08:54 AM
At 8/27/2015 12:04:27 AM, SamStevens wrote:

Idk if this seems realistic or a possibility, but gather some documentation and tell a news agency what is going on. Maybe they could shed some light on this school.

Yeah I think thats what Im going to do.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 12:19:00 AM

lol

Your school district is incredibly stupid.

You can, nevertheless, find the information on your own. Be a rebel and learn as much as you can.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 12:20:07 AM
I mean the entire concept of censoring science classes is one of the most monumentally stupid things that any district could do.
Tsar of DDO
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 12:23:28 AM
At 8/27/2015 12:20:07 AM, YYW wrote:
I mean the entire concept of censoring science classes is one of the most monumentally stupid things that any district could do.

Yes, sadly that is my school district for you.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 12:35:55 AM
At 8/27/2015 12:23:28 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 8/27/2015 12:20:07 AM, YYW wrote:

Yes, sadly that is my school district for you.

That's very sad indeed. But really, be a rebel and learn everything you can. Fight the power, by being smarter than they are or want you to be.
Tsar of DDO
Tough
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 12:46:05 AM

Use the pages as a condom and watch it absorb through then say 'haha that wasn't a condom you need an abortion!' and then stop laughing because she is having the baby. :/
Who is more terrifying; the one who is correct and successfully proves the liar wrong or the liar who successfully proves the correct one wrong?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 1:19:01 AM

Record, record, record.

Record the pages being ripped out, record the instruction to do so, etc etc

Then..............YOU TUBE.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 4:13:54 PM

I know the Rachel Maddow show a few months ago did a piece on a school district that did this, highlighting it on the program and going so far as to post the "offending" pages on a website for students to view. Given that her show has already dealt with this, I feel as though they'd be willing to do so again:

http://www.nbcnews.com...
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 11:44:51 PM
At 8/27/2015 4:13:54 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

I know the Rachel Maddow show a few months ago did a piece on a school district that did this, highlighting it on the program and going so far as to post the "offending" pages on a website for students to view. Given that her show has already dealt with this, I feel as though they'd be willing to do so again:

http://www.nbcnews.com...

ok thanks Ill make sure to do that.