Slow Loading

DarthKirones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 11:04:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/26/2015 10:49:39 PM, Mirza wrote:
Today, the site has been loading extremely slowly for me. Anyone else experiencing this?

No.
"I am not religious. I am a genius. I have the Universe in my hands."
-Aerogant

"Of course a jewish baby cannibalizing a jewish mommy is fine"
-Heil being retarded

"Eradicating the baby scourge from our midsts is most certainly fun. And I am proud to be your hero. Babies tremble then they hear my name.. Airmax, the hero of baby annihilation."
-Airmax
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 11:28:37 PM
Today, the site has been loading extremely slowly for me. Anyone else experiencing this?

Me big time
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2015 11:31:28 PM
I thought it was because I upgraded my browser...maybe it is the site.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 2:39:41 AM

Off and on for the last three days, but all day today, on three separate computers.
My work here is, finally, done.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 3:02:51 AM

Yes!
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 3:51:18 AM
I've talked to Airmax, and I know that he and Juggle are aware of the issue, and working on getting it fixed. The issue should be resolved soon, and hopefully the site can get back to normal by that time.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 4:01:01 AM

Yes. It took me about 2 minutes just to load your post.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 4:11:00 AM
At 8/27/2015 3:51:18 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I've talked to Airmax, and I know that he and Juggle are aware of the issue, and working on getting it fixed. The issue should be resolved soon, and hopefully the site can get back to normal by that time.
It is faster now, although not perfect. But thank you Sir.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 4:13:07 AM

You're not alone. I am also experiencing this issue.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 12:42:20 PM
At 8/27/2015 3:28:35 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Oh thank God. It's not just me.

Will someone please say what's going on. Why is it like this?

Where have you been?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ClashnBoom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 1:18:11 PM
At 8/27/2015 4:01:01 AM, Varrack wrote:

Yes. It took me about 2 minutes just to load your post.

It taking more than 4 minutes to reply to your post.
I will change my sig weekly. Week 4.

Fun fact of the week
Clumsy alien Jar Jar Binks was introduced in The Phantom Menace for comic relief, but he was initially a two-faced mercenary who was to betray Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master played by Liam Neeson.

Joke of the week:
Nerd 1: "Why can't you trust atoms?"
Nerd 2: : "Cause they make everything up!"
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 1:51:23 PM

Yeah, big time.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 3:03:50 PM
At 8/27/2015 3:28:35 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Oh thank God. It's not just me.

Will someone please say what's going on. Why is it like this?

Regarding the very slow loading times of the DDO servers, users naturally have a lot of questions regarding what is causing this and what is being done to fix it. Regarding the first question, the answer is quite simple:

North Korean Leader Kim Jung Un and his regime are extremely unhappy with how he is portrayed in the upcoming 'DDO: The Movie', and we have reason to believe that North Korean hackers have breached the DDO's servers and intentionally slowed down the functionality of the site in an effort to get the movie banned from being shown in the first place. In the first trailer of DDO: The Movie, the trailer prominently featured a tank shell hitting the helicopter that the leader of North Korea was flying in, resulting in a fiery death of the North Korean leader. This scene among others featured in the movie provoked the North Korean government into enacting cyber-warfare on the site, vowing to keep up the hacking effort until the movie is banned from being shown in the first place.

We here at Imabench Productions, Airmax Anonymous, and the dozen or so other film companies who worked on this film will NOT give in to pressure from North Korea though. The first amendment guarantees freedom of speech to insult anyone we see fit, even though this site ToS explicitly forbids personal insults against anyone. Its a legal conundrum we know, we're working on it, but we will NOT censor out the scenes that the North Korean government would like to see removed, no matter how hard they try to pressure the site into having the movie banned in the first place....

We are currently working with the US government to help counter the hacking efforts of the North Koreans. The US government has agreed to help us fight off the North Korean hacking effort in exchange for valuable private information about everybody who uses DDO and their political beliefs. We hope to have this entire situation resolved shortly, a release date for DDO: The Movie shall come out shortly after the cyber warfare between the site and North Korea has been resolved.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 3:19:18 PM
Yea, well, I think it is a script they are running on body load

OnlineTimer(15000)

In the testing there is a 15s gap where nothing is happening, and this makes sense. I have no idea what this function is, no interest in dissecting the site further, but seems very likely that the 15000 is ms = the time gap.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2015 11:47:00 PM

Any updates?

@Bench, your post was hilarious, and I would love to respond in further detail, but doing so would take longer than Fidel Castro's total lifespan, so I'll wait.
Sarra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 1:18:26 AM
I believe some ad is glitching. When my adblocker is turned off, load times are insane (31 seconds).
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 1:50:43 AM
At 8/27/2015 11:47:00 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Any updates?

Airmax says that some fixes have been made to make it less slow than it was, and he and Juggle are continuing to actively address the loading issues.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Lee308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 1:51:18 AM

Very slow for me too. I'm talking about 30 seconds for a page to load.
All other sites load in a second or two.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 2:25:33 AM
So the witchcraft has impacted the speed of the website? The August Inquisition has obviously failed (http://www.debate.org...). This is what happens when we let a few heretics run free, they reek havoc!
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 2:35:33 AM
Poor customer service is typical of American companies, FYI. With the exception of Blizzard, who are excellent from my experience.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 6:17:23 AM
The speed issues should've been resolved now. If anyone has any issues or questions, I would encourage them to reach out to Airmax1227.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 8:11:58 AM
It's been incredibly slow for me for two days now. Minutes to load a page which is just unusable. I'm rapidly losing interest in this site.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 8:14:51 AM
At 8/28/2015 8:11:58 AM, dee-em wrote:
It's been incredibly slow for me for two days now. Minutes to load a page which is just unusable. I'm rapidly losing interest in this site.

Ah. I've been saving that post since lunchtime when I gave up in exasperation. It looks like normal service has resumed. Gee, two days to resolve? That's rather poor.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 8:57:52 AM

It was a glitch. I think it's fixed now.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2015 8:59:56 AM
At 8/28/2015 8:57:52 AM, tejretics wrote:

It was a glitch. I think it's fixed now.

In case you didn't notice - the ads are back in the forums. The load speed was most likely a side effect of reintroducing the ads here.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King