Jump to topic:

Shoutout to DDO & dylancatlow - CTMU debunked

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 1:20:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Ever since I heard of it, I have been reading this philosophy extensively. In the course of the following week, I shall debunk the CTMU in the philosophy forums.

This pernicious and mind-numbingly unintelligent and deviously disastrous philosophy shall for once in its lifetime be laid to the bare bones, where it shall be left to rot and be eaten by flies. By flies I mean the general populace of the religion forums who will spill over and either jump on Christopher Langan's grave, or those (such as dylancatlow) who shall pray for a resurrection.

CTMU supporters, your days of fun are done. I shall completely refute this philosophy. When I am finished, there will be nothing left for you to stand upon. Not even Christopher Langan's moustache will save you.

Dylan, you had best prepare yourself for this attack.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 1:30:37 PM
At 8/29/2015 1:20:11 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
Ever since I heard of it, I have been reading this philosophy extensively. In the course of the following week, I shall debunk the CTMU in the philosophy forums.

This pernicious and mind-numbingly unintelligent and deviously disastrous philosophy shall for once in its lifetime be laid to the bare bones, where it shall be left to rot and be eaten by flies. By flies I mean the general populace of the religion forums who will spill over and either jump on Christopher Langan's grave, or those (such as dylancatlow) who shall pray for a resurrection.

CTMU supporters, your days of fun are done. I shall completely refute this philosophy. When I am finished, there will be nothing left for you to stand upon. Not even Christopher Langan's moustache will save you.

Yay! #DownWithCTMU #TelicRecursionIsFalse
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 1:33:49 PM
At 8/29/2015 1:30:37 PM, tejretics wrote:

Yay! #DownWithCTMU #TelicRecursionIsFalse

Indeed. I shall prove this beyond the shadow of a doubt.

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 1:47:36 PM

You better not attack the parts that Langan literally ripped straight from Spinoza. Those are the only good ones.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 1:49:50 PM
At 8/29/2015 1:47:36 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

You better not attack the parts that Langan literally ripped straight from Spinoza. Those are the only good ones.

Bossy... this is going to blow your mind. I mean, not to toot my own horn, but I think this is going to be the best and deepest refutation of the CTMU to hit the internet. I'm really throwing everything I know at this.

Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 2:28:46 PM

Great! :P I'll be mostly watching from the peanut gallery, but I hope you don't mind if I chime in when it comes to ideas and concepts that Langan stole from Chomsky :P

I've wanted to do a refutation of the concept of syntactic covering for some time. If you don't have a refutation of that yet, I'll be glad to contribute ;)
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 3:23:50 PM
At 8/29/2015 2:28:46 PM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:

Great! :P I'll be mostly watching from the peanut gallery, but I hope you don't mind if I chime in when it comes to ideas and concepts that Langan stole from Chomsky :P

I've wanted to do a refutation of the concept of syntactic covering for some time. If you don't have a refutation of that yet, I'll be glad to contribute ;)

(T1) If CTMU is correct, God exists
(P1) From 1, CTMU has some impact on the existence of God
(T2) Diqiucun_Cunmin claims to not understand the deepest theories on the existence of God
(T3) Diqiucun_Cunmin understands CTMU
(T4) CTMU is a deep theory on the existence of God
(P2) Diqiucun_Cunmin understands a deep theory on the existence of God
(T5) My God debates are less deep than that
(C) Diqiucun_Cunmin should understand my God debates
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 3:33:40 PM
At 8/29/2015 3:23:50 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 8/29/2015 2:28:46 PM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:

(T1) If CTMU is correct, God exists
(P1) From 1, CTMU has some impact on the existence of God
(T2) Diqiucun_Cunmin claims to not understand the deepest theories on the existence of God
(T3) Diqiucun_Cunmin understands CTMU
(T4) CTMU is a deep theory on the existence of God
(P2) Diqiucun_Cunmin understands a deep theory on the existence of God
(T5) My God debates are less deep than that
(C) Diqiucun_Cunmin should understand my God debates

(T3) is, like I said, incorrect, lol. I only understand the bits he borrowed from Chomsky... not the whole thing.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 4:09:53 PM
I'm certainly interested to hear what you'll have to say, but I doubt it's anything I haven't already dealt with in the past.
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 6:35:12 PM

Oh, what a day! What a lovely day!
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 6:52:30 PM
At 8/29/2015 4:09:53 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
I'm certainly interested to hear what you'll have to say, but I doubt it's anything I haven't already dealt with in the past.

I can guarantee you that this is not going to be like anything you've ever seen. This is a completely original refutation, which, if I do say so myself, will shatter your worldview.

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 6:56:52 PM
At 8/29/2015 6:35:12 PM, Fkkize wrote:

Prepare to get blown away. No joke. This will seriously be the best refutation of the CTMU theory to ever hit the web. I'm throwing everything I have at this. I guarantee you that any CTMU supporter's head will be spinning after reading my refutation I'm working on. Like seriously... they won't have any idea how to respond after I'm done thrashing Langan.

Epica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 7:19:20 PM
At 8/29/2015 6:52:30 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

I can guarantee you that this is not going to be like anything you've ever seen. This is a completely original refutation, which, if I do say so myself, will shatter your worldview.

I wonder if you're hyping it so much just to prank us. When the actual forum post comes, it'll just be a rick roll.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 7:23:49 PM

You wouldn't be the first one to think they have a "knockdown" argument against the CTMU, only to end up being proven wrong.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 7:25:37 PM
At 8/29/2015 7:23:49 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

You wouldn't be the first one to think they have a "knockdown" argument against the CTMU, only to end up being proven wrong.

Well we'll see once I finish it.

dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 7:26:30 PM
At 8/29/2015 7:25:37 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 8/29/2015 7:23:49 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

Well we'll see once I finish it.

What's the basic point?
Epica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 7:28:39 PM
At 8/29/2015 7:27:44 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 8/29/2015 6:28:46 PM, Epica wrote:
My body is ready.

Who is this?

I am the many faced man.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 7:29:53 PM
At 8/29/2015 7:28:39 PM, Epica wrote:
My body is ready.

Who is this?

I am the many faced man.

RationalMadman?
Epica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 7:30:29 PM
At 8/29/2015 7:29:53 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
My body is ready.

Who is this?

I am the many faced man.

RationalMadman?

Afraid not. Actually, I'm glad I'm not.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 7:40:45 PM
At 8/29/2015 7:30:29 PM, Epica wrote:
My body is ready.

Who is this?

I am the many faced man.

RationalMadman?

Who then?
Epica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 7:43:27 PM
At 8/29/2015 7:40:45 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 8/29/2015 7:30:29 PM, Epica wrote:
My body is ready.

Who is this?

I am the many faced man.

RationalMadman?

Who then?

A man has gone by a few names. All of them are me, none of them are me. Perhaps the asserted names never existed at all.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 8:03:03 PM

I like how you haven't even seen his argument yet and you're already celebrating.
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2015 9:09:28 PM
At 8/29/2015 8:03:03 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

I like how you haven't even seen his argument yet and you're already celebrating.
We all enjoy a little sophistry bashing, don't we?
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 6:35:19 AM

AMEN
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Unbelievable.Time
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 3:22:54 PM

This one is hilarious.
cdipoce
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2015 2:28:15 PM

The CTMU is unintelligent yet devious?